CRAZY: Petition To Deport Piers Morgan Over Gun Views Gains Traction

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement.

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Gains More Than 30,000 Signatures

LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement.

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Gains More Than 30,000 Signatures

I'd laugh too. They are proving him right.

So less than 1/10 of 1% of the population want this guys to leave and it is a story?

Must be a slow news day.

A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas…

Gee, what a surprise…

It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

It should be named the ‘I hate due process’ petition.

That’s a lot of ignorance.

Piers Morgan needs to stfu about American issues. Become a U.S. citizen and maybe I'll care. But I grew up thinking that family problems should remain within the family, and the only relationship Piers Morgan has with my family is that he makes money off of my family.

Fuck off Piers Morgan.

You may say that, the government can’t.

Piers Morgan needs to stfu about American issues. Become a U.S. citizen and maybe I'll care. But I grew up thinking that family problems should remain within the family, and the only relationship Piers Morgan has with my family is that he makes money off of my family.

Actually this petition needs to STFU about taking my First Amendment right from my cold, dead lips. How 'bout that?

Piers Morgan is "amused"?? This is fucking hilarious. In a tragic way of course, that twenty-five thousand people could be this ignorant of their own Constitution.

Of course these petitions are easily gamed as we know from the "if at first you don't secede, try try again" jokes that fizzled last month. It might be six people posting over and over.

Actually this petition needs to STFU about taking my First Amendment right from my cold, dead lips. How 'bout that?

Piers Morgan is "amused"?? This is fucking hilarious. In a tragic way of course, that twenty-five thousand people could be this ignorant of their own Constitution.

Of course these petitions are easily gamed as we know from the "if at first you don't secede, try try again" jokes that fizzled last month. It might be six people posting over and over.

Soooo what... should Piers Morgan not shut the fuck up? Because I'm pretty sure that he should shut the fuuuuck up.

We overthrew the British a long time ago and I'd like to use my freedom of speech, which you covet so much Pogo, to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

Soooo what... should Piers Morgan not shut the fuck up? Because I'm pretty sure that he should shut the fuuuuck up.

We overthrew the British a long time ago and I'd like to use my freedom of speech, which you covet so much Pogo, to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

Uuuuuuuuuu can tell Piiiiiiiiiiiers Moooooooooorgan to STFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup all you like. Have at it. I hear he's amused.

But this petition calls on the government to deport him for what he says on TV. That's quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite a bit different.

Actually the petition never even specifies what it is that Morgan says, rambling on about "undermin(ing) the Constitution". The glory of it is, by asking the government to act against Freedom of the Press, the petition itself ...is calling for undermining the Constitution.:lmao:

irony-meter.jpg

Uuuuuuuuuu can tell Piiiiiiiiiiiers Moooooooooorgan to STFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup all you like. Have at it. I hear he's amused.

But this petition calls on the government to deport him for what he says on TV. That's quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite a bit different.

Actually the petition never even specifies what it is that Morgan says, rambling on about "undermin(ing) the Constitution". The glory of it is, by asking the government to act against Freedom of the Press, the petition itself ...is calling for undermining the Constitution.:lmao:

irony-meter.jpg

Oh yea calling for him to be deported is crazy. But that guy comes from a country where the law is enforced by emasculated police with stupid hats called "Bobby's." So I don't care what he has to say because he can't possibly have any idea what this country is about.

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for you to be able to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

Now that's a great usage of the 1st amendment.

Oh yea calling for him to be deported is crazy. But that guy comes from a country where the law is enforced by emasculated police with stupid hats called "Bobby's." So I don't care what he has to say because he can't possibly have any idea what this country is about.

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for you to be able to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

I'm going to need a bigger irony meter for this one.

So to sum up, the UK's use of "emasculated" police, the stupid hats they wear and the populace's slang name for them, these things make Piers Morgan unable to understand this country. Even though he lives here.

Note to self: do not drink while reading posts. Note 2: buy new keyboard.

Does not the US's use of testosterone-poisoned police, the stupid uniforms they wear and the popular name "cops" then make you and I unable to understand the UK's emasculated police, stupid hats and the word "bobbies"?

I'm going to need a bigger irony meter for this one.

So to sum up, the UK's use of "emasculated" police, the stupid hats they wear and the populace's slang name for them, these things make Piers Morgan unable to understand this country. Even though he lives here.

Note to self: do not drink while reading posts. Note 2: buy new keyboard.

Does not the US's use of testosterone-poisoned police, the stupid uniforms they wear and the popular name "cops" then make you and I unable to understand the UK's emasculated police, stupid hats and the word "bobbies"?

First, I contest your 'note to self.' You need to drink far more while reading posts.

Second, the bobby's ("bobbies" is too grown up a term for them) must be pretty effective over there for the government to keep them on payroll, but they're still some p*ssy shit.

And third, have you seen Piers Morgan's body of work? Do you really want to defend that guy?

Why do any of you care about a British tabloid editor's opinion anyway?

Wasn't this guy involved in illegally hacking phones?

So the guy is a criminal scum bag gossip monger no wonder he's on the fucking TV and you idiots listen to him?

Forum List

Back