CRAZY: Petition To Deport Piers Morgan Over Gun Views Gains Traction

:lmao:

Even the Brits don't want that fucking prick back. Maybe we should rendition him on over to the Poland torture camp and do everyone a favor.

Thanks, I knew someone could come up with a new verb.

So the revised list:

"Fire" Bob Costas, Ed Schultz, etc (I forget all the names)...
"Deport" Piers Morgan and torture him...
"Imprison" David Gregory...
..."See" the pattern.

Thanks. Any more verbs?

Even the Brits don't want that fucking prick back. Maybe we should rendition him on over to the Poland torture camp and do everyone a favor.

So the revised list:

..."See" the pattern.

Thanks. Any more verbs?

Those all sound good to me..Nothing we haven't heard them say about Rush, Fox News, etc etc

Pogo said:
While this is no doubt one factor to be addressed, leave us not forget the other contributing factors; senseless gun slaughter has been going on since long before Prozac and the modern antidepressant craze. Some other poster here listed (I forget where) a compendium of mass shootings that went back at least to the 1940s.

In any case the gun industry and the drug industry arguably have this in common: a wish to profit from a carelessly designed product at the expense of public safety.

Thank you so much for posting the link. I wonder why Michael Moore isn't bringing this up these days- perhaps he got a call from his lawyers, or maybe he decided that prozac is a good thing after all.

I'd urge you to read this US National Institutes of Health paper on the link between antidepressants and violence- the case studies and the observations of the 3 doctors clearly show that there is "urgent examination" needed.

It's the first link in the youtube video page, or here:
ncbi.nlm.nih.GOV/pmc/articles/PMC1564177/

Thanks again!

Last edited:
How is it we always seem to end up with British degenerates over here? Especially the "journalist/hack" ones?

it's no wonder people have given up on the constitution. We have a giant target for degenerative fucktards on us. They all come here.

Two words: Rupert Murdoch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfW58Efcck"]According to rumours, Piers Morgan won't discuss what this footage covers, and guests on his show aren't allowed to mention it. But it's common knowledge in Britain.[/ame]

So the revised list:

..."See" the pattern.

Thanks. Any more verbs?

Those all sound good to me..Nothing we haven't heard them say about Rush, Fox News, etc etc

Interesting -- someone else in another thread put up this strawman's twin, along the lines of "same thing the left has been doing trying to shut down Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc". I answered that with
:link: ?
... and he never came back with any either. See ya.:bye1:

Fuck off?
I'm not sure we can use "fuck off" -- someone who has fucked off can still speak, but when a voice with a public forum is "fired" or "deported" or "imprisoned", their voice is silenced. See the pattern; the goal being to shut down one side of the dialogue.

Any more? C'mon, don't be shy.

Is Piers Morgan a US citizen? Right to vote, or nationally soap box about our laws?

If not, he should totally fuck off. If the Brits dont want him back, send him where ever a warm welcome might be possible....like the US torture site in Poland.

Morgan is a nasty piece of work..Must be why Cnn hangs onto him..Cnn went down the drain a long time ago..

Piers Morgan needs to stfu about American issues. Become a U.S. citizen and maybe I'll care. But I grew up thinking that family problems should remain within the family, and the only relationship Piers Morgan has with my family is that he makes money off of my family.

Fuck off Piers Morgan.

This is not a family problem, but rather a national one. As a newsman he has the right to comment on this issue and his nationality does not make him less qualified to do so.

Pogo said:
While this is no doubt one factor to be addressed, leave us not forget the other contributing factors; senseless gun slaughter has been going on since long before Prozac and the modern antidepressant craze. Some other poster here listed (I forget where) a compendium of mass shootings that went back at least to the 1940s.

In any case the gun industry and the drug industry arguably have this in common: a wish to profit from a carelessly designed product at the expense of public safety.

Thank you so much for posting the link. I wonder why Michael Moore isn't bringing this up these days- perhaps he got a call from his lawyers, or maybe he decided that prozac is a good thing after all.

I'd urge you to read this US National Institutes of Health paper on the link between antidepressants and violence- the case studies and the observations of the 3 doctors clearly show that there is "urgent examination" needed.

It's the first link in the youtube video page, or here:
ncbi.nlm.nih.GOV/pmc/articles/PMC1564177/

Thanks again!

Again, it's not the only factor, just as the existence of guns isn't the only factor. A complex issue doesn't get fixed with a one-dimensional solution

But this does invite a timely segue:
Celebrating the Prince of Peace in the Land of Guns

But, friends, I would like to propose that while all of the above will certainly reduce gun deaths (ask Mayor Bloomberg – it is virtually impossible to buy a handgun in New York City and the result is the number of murders per year has gone from 2,200 to under 400), it won't really bring about an end to these mass slayings and it will not address the core problem we have. Connecticut had one of the strongest gun laws in the country. That did nothing to prevent the murders of 20 small children on December 14th.

In fact, let's be clear about Newtown: the killer had no criminal record so he would never have shown up on a background check. All of the guns he used were legally purchased. None fit the legal description of an "assault" weapon. The killer seemed to have mental problems and his mother had him seek help, but that was worthless. As for security measures, the Sandy Hook school was locked down and buttoned up BEFORE the killer showed up that morning. Drills had been held for just such an incident. A lot of good that did.

...I am sorry to offer this reality check on our much-needed march toward a bunch of well-intended, necessary – but ultimately, mostly cosmetic – changes to our gun laws. The sad facts are these: Other countries that have guns (like Canada, which has 7 million guns – mostly hunting guns – in their 12 million households) have a low murder rate. Kids in Japan watch the same violent movies and kids in Australia play the same violent video games (Grand Theft Auto was created by a British company; the UK had 58 gun murders last year in a nation of 63 million people). They simply don't kill each other at the rate that we do. Why is that? THAT is the question we should be exploring while we are banning and restricting guns: Who are we? I'd like to try to answer that question.

We are a country whose leaders officially sanction and carry out acts of violence as a means to often an immoral end. We invade countries who didn't attack us. We're currently using drones in a half-dozen countries, often killing civilians.

This probably shouldn't come as a surprise to us as we are a nation founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves. We slaughtered 600,000 of each other in a civil war. We "tamed the Wild West with a six-shooter," and we rape and beat and kill our women without mercy and at a staggering rate... We belong to an illustrious group of nations that still have the death penalty (North Korea, Saudi Arabia, China, Iran). We think nothing of letting tens of thousands of our own citizens die each year because they are uninsured and thus don't see a doctor until it's too late.

Why do we do this? One theory is simply "because we can." There is a level of arrogance in the otherwise friendly American spirit, conning ourselves into believing there's something exceptional about us that separates us from all those "other" countries (there are indeed many good things about us; the same could also be said of Belgium, New Zealand, France, Germany, etc.). We think we're #1 in everything when the truth is our students are 17th in science and 25th in math, and we're 35th in life expectancy. We believe we have the greatest democracy but we have the lowest voting turnout of any western democracy. We're biggest and the bestest at everything and we demand and take what we want.

... While we are discussing and demanding what to do, may I respectfully ask that we stop and take a look at what I believe are the three extenuating factors that may answer the question of why we Americans have more violence than most anyone else...
(more at the link)

OK Nutters, we need a verb for silencing Michael Moore now. "Fire", "Deport" and "Imprison" have all been taken; "torture" has been invoked but not exclusively. Try Thesaurus.com. You can do this.

Piers Morgan needs to stfu about American issues. Become a U.S. citizen and maybe I'll care. But I grew up thinking that family problems should remain within the family, and the only relationship Piers Morgan has with my family is that he makes money off of my family.

Fuck off Piers Morgan.

This is not a family problem, but rather a national one. As a newsman he has the right to comment on this issue and his nationality does not make him less qualified to do so.

Morgan is not a news man.... any more than Limbaugh , Colbert, etc.

No, it doesn't.

LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement.

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Gains More Than 30,000 Signatures

Actually this petition needs to STFU about taking my First Amendment right from my cold, dead lips. How 'bout that?

Piers Morgan is "amused"?? This is fucking hilarious. In a tragic way of course, that twenty-five thousand people could be this ignorant of their own Constitution.

Of course these petitions are easily gamed as we know from the "if at first you don't secede, try try again" jokes that fizzled last month. It might be six people posting over and over.

Soooo what... should Piers Morgan not shut the fuck up? Because I'm pretty sure that he should shut the fuuuuck up.

We overthrew the British a long time ago and I'd like to use my freedom of speech, which you covet so much Pogo, to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

You have every right to say it and Mr. Morgan has every right not to care. I would point out though, that unless he is in your living room getting him to shut up is simply a matter of changing the channel.

Is Piers Morgan a US citizen? Right to vote, or nationally soap box about our laws?

If not, he should totally fuck off. If the Brits dont want him back, send him where ever a warm welcome might be possible....like the US torture site in Poland.

Since we are not citizens of Syria, by the same logic President Assad should tell US newscasters and government leaders to mind their own business. So what if he is slaughtering his own countrymen, they are his own countryman.

Fuck off Piers Morgan.

Morgan does offer commentary, but his show has guests on various issues that he interviews - sounds a bit like a newsman/commentator.

Since we are not citizens of Syria, by the same logic President Assad should tell US newscasters and government leaders to mind their own business. So what if he is slaughtering his own countrymen, they are his own countryman.

Yep, Syria is also not a US problem. Fuck them. They should fuck off.

Completely irrelevant. Whether government curtails freedom of speech, as the petition demands, has nothing to do with "newsmen" or "commentators". Neither of those is qualified in the First Amendment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually this petition needs to STFU about taking my First Amendment right from my cold, dead lips. How 'bout that?

Piers Morgan is "amused"?? This is fucking hilarious. In a tragic way of course, that twenty-five thousand people could be this ignorant of their own Constitution.

Of course these petitions are easily gamed as we know from the "if at first you don't secede, try try again" jokes that fizzled last month. It might be six people posting over and over.

Soooo what... should Piers Morgan not shut the fuck up? Because I'm pretty sure that he should shut the fuuuuck up.

We overthrew the British a long time ago and I'd like to use my freedom of speech, which you covet so much Pogo, to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

You have every right to say it and Mr. Morgan has every right not to care. I would point out though, that unless he is in your living room getting him to shut up is simply a matter of changing the channel.

That's the part they don't seem to get a grasp on: changing the channel. There's a vast difference between "ignoring a voice personally" and "silencing a voice so that nobody hears it whether they agree or not". The distinction seems to be lost on the fascists who take the latter course. They need to read the Bill of Rights from the beginning.

"Fire" Bob Costas...
"Deport" and "torture" Piers Morgan...
... "See" the pattern.

Morgan does offer commentary, but his show has guests on various issues that he interviews - sounds a bit like a newsman/commentator.

He lacks any semblance of objectivity. Hence, not a newsman.. just your garden variety hack pretending to be a journalist.

Completely irrelevant. Whether government curtails freedom of speech, as the petition demands, has nothing to do with "newsmen" or "commentators". Neither of those is qualified in the First Amendment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's the part they don't seem to get a grasp on: changing the channel. There's a vast difference between "ignoring a voice personally" and "silencing a voice so that nobody hears it whether they agree or not". The distinction seems to be lost on the fascists who take the latter course. They need to read the Bill of Rights from the beginning.

"Fire" Bob Costas...
"Deport" and "torture" Piers Morgan...
... "See" the pattern.

Dude, he will not/should not be deported. We don't deport people for being retards.

Forum List

Back