CRAZY: Petition To Deport Piers Morgan Over Gun Views Gains Traction

I may be the only one here who doesn't know, but who the hell is Piers Morgan, why do I keep hearing about him and what makes him so important?

Piers Morgan could instantly turn things around and break some news if he had Michael Moore (Bowling for Columbine) on to discuss what MM said about 10 years ago-

that there should be an investigation into whether SSRI antidepressants are responsible for these shootings, since every single shooting in the last 20 years or so has involved these drugs.

Being a newbie, the site won't let me post links yet but if you're interested a few google searches will be quite informative.

Here's a pointer to a clip from a movie called "The Drugging of Our Children" by Gary Null. The entire movie is on Youtube (no affiliation- I'm a concerned citizen that doesn't want to get in the way of a drugged up teen with a rifle). Michael Moore actually asks if the drugs are the problem as opposed to the guns. Now this begs the question of why he isn't saying anything about this now, at least that is being reported. Perhaps he received a call from his lawyer, or he discovered that dropping Prozac was a ton o' fun. Something happened, because he said then that it demanded immediate investigation.

youtube dot com/watch?v=DpinCRaAQOk

Many supporting links are listed, including a paper from the US National Institutes of Health called:Antidepressants and Violence- problems at the Interface of Medicine & Law

If you read this paper and the case studies outlined, You might agree that much more examination is needed, and immediately- not next month or next election.

Happy Holidays and New Year

Last edited:
LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement.

Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Gains More Than 30,000 Signatures

Tens of thousands..... Is that how many signed the petition for Texas to secede? That worked so well too.

If I was Piers, I'd be HIGHLY amused..

He's not an American.. who cares what he says? Deport him? Ridiculous.. He's free to spew his ignorant crap so long as he doesn't break any laws, unlike DAVID GREGORY.

Oh yea calling for him to be deported is crazy. But that guy comes from a country where the law is enforced by emasculated police with stupid hats called "Bobby's." So I don't care what he has to say because he can't possibly have any idea what this country is about.

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for you to be able to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

Now that's a great usage of the 1st amendment.

I'm going to need a bigger irony meter for this one.

So to sum up, the UK's use of "emasculated" police, the stupid hats they wear and the populace's slang name for them, these things make Piers Morgan unable to understand this country. Even though he lives here.

Note to self: do not drink while reading posts. Note 2: buy new keyboard.

Does not the US's use of testosterone-poisoned police, the stupid uniforms they wear and the popular name "cops" then make you and I unable to understand the UK's emasculated police, stupid hats and the word "bobbies"?

First, I contest your 'note to self.' You need to drink far more while reading posts.

I'm on it :D

Second, the bobby's ("bobbies" is too grown up a term for them) must be pretty effective over there for the government to keep them on payroll, but they're still some p*ssy shit.

Well first, we never use an apostrophe to form a plural in English, but we do pluralize a -y with -ies; second, yes apparently they are effective considering our level of GV and theirs; and third, I stand amended; Piers Morgan should STFU because the UK police are "some p*ssy shit" and they wear funny hats. Alwasy good to have a solid base of reasoning.

And third, have you seen Piers Morgan's body of work? Do you really want to defend that guy?

Nope, when PM showed up on CNN I had no idea who he was and except for his accent, I still don't have a clue. But this petition and the kerfuffle over the idea do make me more interested in what he's doing over at CNN. For that I thank the rabble rousers. I suspect they don't like their apologists being cross examined by a jury of their Piers?

I'm not interested in where he's been in the past; I'm far more interested in whether his reasoning in the present is sound and whether he's asking pointed deserving questions. Sounds like he is, from the reactions of gun nuts. It's the same thing they were trying to do to Bob Costas-- silence the voice they don't want talking. Unfortunately for them, Bob Costas can't be deported. They wanted him fired. Now Bob looks not only right but prescient.

Anyway I said nothing about defending Piers Morgan here; I came to defend the Constitution and its First Amendment. Which is, you know, the First one. And I'll keep defending it. Even without the help of a National First Amendment Association heavily funded by the computer keyboard industry.

Piers Morgan could instantly turn things around and break some news if he had Michael Moore (Bowling for Columbine) on to discuss what MM said about 10 years ago-

that there should be an investigation into whether SSRI antidepressants are responsible for these shootings, since every single shooting in the last 20 years or so has involved these drugs.

Being a newbie, the site won't let me post links yet but if you're interested a few google searches will be quite informative.

Here's a pointer to a clip from a movie called "The Drugging of Our Children" by Gary Null. The entire movie is on Youtube (no affiliation- I'm a concerned citizen that doesn't want to get in the way of a drugged up teen with a rifle). Michael Moore actually asks if the drugs are the problem as opposed to the guns. Now this begs the question of why he isn't saying anything about this now, at least that is being reported. Perhaps he received a call from his lawyer, or he discovered that dropping Prozac was a ton o' fun. Something happened, because he said then that it demanded immediate investigation.

youtube dot com/watch?v=DpinCRaAQOk

Many supporting links are listed, including a paper from the US National Institutes of Health called:Antidepressants and Violence- problems at the Interface of Medicine & Law

If you read this paper and the case studies outlined, You might agree that much more examination is needed, and immediately- not next month or next election.

Happy Holidays and New Year

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpinCRaAQOk"]Here's a handy link to that video[/ame]

While this is no doubt one factor to be addressed, leave us not forget the other contributing factors; senseless gun slaughter has been going on since long before Prozac and the modern antidepressant craze. Some other poster here listed (I forget where) a compendium of mass shootings that went back at least to the 1940s.

In any case the gun industry and the drug industry arguably have this in common: a wish to profit from a carelessly designed product at the expense of public safety.

Actually this petition needs to STFU about taking my First Amendment right from my cold, dead lips. How 'bout that?

Piers Morgan is "amused"?? This is fucking hilarious. In a tragic way of course, that twenty-five thousand people could be this ignorant of their own Constitution.

Of course these petitions are easily gamed as we know from the "if at first you don't secede, try try again" jokes that fizzled last month. It might be six people posting over and over.

Soooo what... should Piers Morgan not shut the fuck up? Because I'm pretty sure that he should shut the fuuuuck up.

We overthrew the British a long time ago and I'd like to use my freedom of speech, which you covet so much Pogo, to tell Piers Morgan to shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up.

Uuuuuuuuuu can tell Piiiiiiiiiiiers Moooooooooorgan to STFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup all you like. Have at it. I hear he's amused.

But this petition calls on the government to deport him for what he says on TV. That's quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite a bit different.

Actually the petition never even specifies what it is that Morgan says, rambling on about "undermin(ing) the Constitution". The glory of it is, by asking the government to act against Freedom of the Press, the petition itself ...is calling for undermining the Constitution.:lmao:

irony-meter.jpg

In a poll I read some time back, 70-some% of pubs polled said that TV news should have some degree of control put on them by the government.

Its not at all surprising that Texassss AND pubpots believe he should be "stfu" and/or deported.

Even funnier is to mention that we fought Britain for the right to free speech.

Obviously, they just don't get it.

Where do I go to sign it?

LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

I never listen to Piers Morgan, so I don't give a shit what he says.

Ha...just looked him up. He's a fucking product of the tabloids in England and he's on CNN? And, he apparently had a bit more than a little bit to do with the hacking scandal there.

I give less than a shit what he says or doesn't say. Fuck the petition. Let the fools who listen to a product of the tabloids as some sort of pundit...that is fucking hysterical. :lmao:

Up to 60,000 signitures now

too friggen funny:lol:

They have a long way to go to catch the over seventy secession petitions* that came free with the Red Whine of the election; those got ten times that many. Of course, just like the secessionists, X number of signatures does not mean X = X number of actual people. No doubt these wags ignorant of their own Constitution are the same ones who can't find their own state on a map.

*I guess it's not that easy since there are apparently over seventy states...

"A republic ... if you can keep it"

Oh my!:lol:
Links in article at site

SNIP:
British Petition Gov't: We Don't Want Piers Morgan Back!

By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

December 26, 2012

The British have responded to a petition calling for the deportation from the United States of CNN host Piers Morgan with one of their own: “Stop Piers Morgan from being deported back to the UK from America.”

The counter-petition, addressed to Theresa May, Home Secretary, is a direct response to the 70,000 Americans who have signed a petition calling for Mr. Morgan to be deported from the United States because of his strong gun-control views.

The UK petition, posted on change.org reads as follows:

“We got rid of him [Piers Morgan] once and why should we have to suffer again. The Americans wanted him, so they should put up with him. We washed our hands of him a long time ago.”

Infowars.com reports that British television personality Jeremy Clarkson has also weighed in on the controversy, tweeting:

“Americans. It took us 40 years to get rid of Piers Morgan. Please don’t send him back.”

All of it here
British Petition Gov't: We Don't Want Piers Morgan Back! | CNS News

:lmao:

Even the Brits don't want that fucking prick back. Maybe we should rendition him on over to the Poland torture camp and do everyone a favor.

Oh my!:lol:
Links in article at site

SNIP:
British Petition Gov't: We Don't Want Piers Morgan Back!

By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

December 26, 2012

The British have responded to a petition calling for the deportation from the United States of CNN host Piers Morgan with one of their own: “Stop Piers Morgan from being deported back to the UK from America.”

The counter-petition, addressed to Theresa May, Home Secretary, is a direct response to the 70,000 Americans who have signed a petition calling for Mr. Morgan to be deported from the United States because of his strong gun-control views.

The UK petition, posted on change.org reads as follows:

“We got rid of him [Piers Morgan] once and why should we have to suffer again. The Americans wanted him, so they should put up with him. We washed our hands of him a long time ago.”

Infowars.com reports that British television personality Jeremy Clarkson has also weighed in on the controversy, tweeting:

“Americans. It took us 40 years to get rid of Piers Morgan. Please don’t send him back.”

All of it here
British Petition Gov't: We Don't Want Piers Morgan Back! | CNS News
:lmao: I can't blame them. He's a tabloid hack complicit in telephone hacking over there.

What the fuck's a "Piers Morgan?"

What the fuck's a "Piers Morgan?"
A limey poofter tabloid hack.

How is it we always seem to end up with British degenerates over here? Especially the "journalist/hack" ones?

it's no wonder people have given up on the constitution. We have a giant target for degenerative fucktards on us. They all come here.

Forum List

Back