CPAC: Issues Straw Poll

The Republicans have offered many ideas. They have been locked out of meetings and told to shut up though. They really do have some good ideas but this current Democrat debacle will have to be scrapped first to achieve some common sense success on Health Care. The Nuclear Option is not the answer. America doesn't want that.
I saw the pamphlet Boehner loves to hold up as an alternative to real health care reform. It was as thick as the Big Book of Jewish Sports Legends.

And a bill of few pages is a bad thing?

Obviously, it is direct and focused.....not sure why it would warrant ridicule....

The Democrats should just scrap their debacle. Most of America has already spoken on this. Ramming it through with the Nuclear Option is not what America wants. Time for the Dems to stop being hyper-partisan and stubborn. Just get back to the drawing board.

Which one of the ummm, errr, NONE of the Republican proposals should the hyper-partisan and stubborn Democrats adopt?

And it must be heady stuff, speaking for "most of America" while a few hundred CPACers revel in Washington. How can you bear it?

Keep regurgitating that "no proposals" rhetoric.

Seeing as there have been proposals from the GOP, you are making it quite clear that you are a naive individual that can not think for himself.

You are what intelligent people refer to as "the perfect news audience"...perfect for ratings.

The Republicans have offered many ideas. They have been locked out of meetings and told to shut up though. They really do have some good ideas but this current Democrat debacle will have to be scrapped first to achieve some common sense success on Health Care. The Nuclear Option is not the answer. America doesn't want that.
I saw the pamphlet Boehner loves to hold up as an alternative to real health care reform. It was as thick as the Big Book of Jewish Sports Legends.

Obviously, it is direct and focused.....not sure why it would warrant ridicule....
Direct and focused. fine. Would you care to offer up some of the pearls of legislative wisdom contained in the pamphlet?

When in doubt,go with the much smaller piece of Legislation. This Democratic Bill is a massive indecipherable behemoth. I seriously doubt that even Democrats understand their own Bill. How many actually read it? The Republican offer seems much more reasonable and common sense. No one can honestly say they fully understand the Democratic Health Care behemoth. Time to scrap it and get back to the drawing board. That's what most of America wants.

When in doubt,go with the much smaller piece of Legislation. This Democratic Bill is a massive indecipherable behemoth. I seriously doubt that even Democrats understand their own Bill. How many actually read it? The Republican offer seems much more reasonable and common sense. No one can honestly say they fully understand the Democratic Health Care behemoth. Time to scrap it and get back to the drawing board. That's what most of America wants.
"Shall" or "should". "May" or "must". The devil is in the details. Even legislation written on a post card could prove disastrous for the consumer (and it's the consumer we want to protect, right?)

The Republicans usually are ready to cozy up to the insurer and call it 'freedom'. They'll toss the consumer under the bus claiming 'big government hampers the individual'.

Not one Democrat can really say they understand their own massive Health Care behemoth. Any Democrat who does claim they understand it is simply lying. They should address each health care issue on an individual basis with small pieces of Legislation. That's the way they should have approached it all along. Time to start over and get back to common sense.

Scrap this debacle and start over. I think that's where most of America stands on this Democrat debacle. Forcing it through with a Nuclear Option is not what America wants. The Democrats are just being hyper-partisan and stubborn at this point. They should just listen to the people and scrap their debacle. I guess we'll see where it all ends up though.

Didn't "the people" speak in November of 2008? And wasn't that "most of America" doing the talking this time? I mean it wasn't a few Supreme Court justices doing the electing but really "most of America". Wasn't it "hyper-partisan and stubborn" Republicans who have refused to listen to the results of that election?

Just asking.

The Dems have had total control With full media support with the exception of Fox and a few newspapers.
They could do what ever they wished.

The cops you want off the beat will ensure more workplace accidents and fatalities, more unchecked pollution of our air, water and soil. The cops you want off the beat will make it safe for companies to produce shoddy, unsafe and even toxic consumer goods.

You want to take regulators out of the SEC. Look what happened after Phil "bunch of whiners" Gramm (R) Texas gutted Glass Steagal! The shock waves after our derivatives market crashed echoed around the globe!

You want to eliminate the Department of Agriculture? Fine! Soil erosion, unstable market prices and food shortages are the crops you will reap.

You want people to be exposed to less art? Why? So we can develop the next generation of mouth breathing hillbillies?

Sure! Smaller government! Take the regulators off the case! Just remember to dig a root cellar, build a device to purify urine into drinking water, put your cash under the mattress and brace yourself for the inevitable correction of yet another Conservative experiment in the degradation of America.

Yeah, right. If we cut one bureaucrat the whole country will go to hell in a handbasket.:cuckoo:
Could we use the obverse of your disdainful retort and say: Yeah, right. If we add one bureaucrat the whole country will go to hell in a hand basket.:cuckoo:?

You aren't talking about cutting one bureaucrat, are you? You're talking about cutting the EPA, the CPSC, the Department of Agriculture, the National Endowment for the Arts, The Department of Education, OSHA and who know what else.

Try again.

OK. We can add Housing and Urban Development, Dept of Energy, and about 3/4 of Homeland Security.
None of those things are constitutional functions of government. And the country did just fine for 150 years without all of them.

Because a short and sweet legislative proposal is too easy for everyone to read and understand.

They want it as thick as War and Peace so that no one, not even members of Congress, can read it and understand what's being voted on.

Yeah, right. If we cut one bureaucrat the whole country will go to hell in a handbasket.:cuckoo:
Could we use the obverse of your disdainful retort and say: Yeah, right. If we add one bureaucrat the whole country will go to hell in a hand basket.:cuckoo:?

You aren't talking about cutting one bureaucrat, are you? You're talking about cutting the EPA, the CPSC, the Department of Agriculture, the National Endowment for the Arts, The Department of Education, OSHA and who know what else.

Try again.

OK. We can add Housing and Urban Development, Dept of Energy, and about 3/4 of Homeland Security.
None of those things are constitutional functions of government. And the country did just fine for 150 years without all of them.
Well, the statement 'And the country did just fine for 150 years without all of them' is more than a bit disingenuous, isn't it? After all, for the first 150 years of this country we did just fine by keeping Blacks in their place. We did just fine by keeping women out of the seats of power in both government and the corporate world. We did just fine burning up fossil fuels with no regard to their supply, availability or the political problem securing them.

We had no slums in the first 150 years, did we? Of course we did! That's why an agency like HUD became necessary. Not to cheese off the slum lords (although I know there are still slum lords getting cheesed off by having to maintain their properties to Housing Quality Standards).

Conservatives inevitably turn into Constitutional scholars when discussing federal agencies. None of the self-styled Constitutional scholars ever manage to successfully challenge the constitutionality of any of these agencies in court, however. Why is that?

Scrap this debacle and start over. I think that's where most of America stands on this Democrat debacle. Forcing it through with a Nuclear Option is not what America wants. The Democrats are just being hyper-partisan and stubborn at this point. They should just listen to the people and scrap their debacle. I guess we'll see where it all ends up though.

Didn't "the people" speak in November of 2008? And wasn't that "most of America" doing the talking this time? I mean it wasn't a few Supreme Court justices doing the electing but really "most of America". Wasn't it "hyper-partisan and stubborn" Republicans who have refused to listen to the results of that election?

Just asking.

The Dems have had total control With full media support with the exception of Fox and a few newspapers.

Yup.
If "the people" spoke in 2008 then why hasn't the administration gotten its agenda enacted?
Just sayin.

Try again.

Well, the statement 'And the country did just fine for 150 years without all of them' is more than a bit disingenuous, isn't it? After all, for the first 150 years of this country we did just fine by keeping Blacks in their place. We did just fine by keeping women out of the seats of power in both government and the corporate world. We did just fine burning up fossil fuels with no regard to their supply, availability or the political problem securing them.

We had no slums in the first 150 years, did we? Of course we did! That's why an agency like HUD became necessary. Not to cheese off the slum lords (although I know there are still slum lords getting cheesed off by having to maintain their properties to Housing Quality Standards).

Conservatives inevitably turn into Constitutional scholars when discussing federal agencies. None of the self-styled Constitutional scholars ever manage to successfully challenge the constitutionality of any of these agencies in court, however. Why is that?

Please point to one problem any of these agencies have solved that they were created for.
No one challenges the constitutionality because no one has standing.

Try again.

Sure we did. You remember 9/11 don't you?

Are you saying that Dr. Paul said that most people aren't tired of gridlock in Washington? If you are saying that,i would have to agree with Dr. Paul on that. Gridlock isn't always a bad thing. Why should someone vote for something that is wrong for the nation just to avoid Gridlock? So when it comes to this President's Health Care proposal,Gridlock is good. In the end he really is right. Most Democrats are now pushing for the "Nuclear Option" to pass it and most Republicans vehemently oppose it. They should just go back to the drawing board and i think that's what most Americans really want. The whole Gridlock and "Bi-Partisanship" thing is always played up by the MSM but in reality most on both sides need Gridlock to fight for what they believe in. It's how Government works. Real Conservatives don't want this Health Care nightmare and Gridlock is the only way to fight it. So Dr. Paul nailed it once again. The GOP really should listen to the man more often.

It's how it works NOW, and over the past decade, but it is NOT how the framers of the Constitution intended it to work. You guys always like to portray yourselves as such strict Constitutionalists, so you surprise me when you make comments like that.

The Democrats should just scrap their debacle. Most of America has already spoken on this. Ramming it through with the Nuclear Option is not what America wants. Time for the Dems to stop being hyper-partisan and stubborn. Just get back to the drawing board.

Which one of the ummm, errr, NONE of the Republican proposals should the hyper-partisan and stubborn Democrats adopt?

And it must be heady stuff, speaking for "most of America" while a few hundred CPACers revel in Washington. How can you bear it?

Keep regurgitating that "no proposals" rhetoric.

Seeing as there have been proposals from the GOP, you are making it quite clear that you are a naive individual that can not think for himself.

You are what intelligent people refer to as "the perfect news audience"...perfect for ratings.

Why doesn't one of you ever post exactly what those proposals are? Republicans keep saying they have their own formally proposed health care reform bill. But you never post it (it isn't that long). I have it, and I've read it, but have you?

Most major bills ARE massively lengthy, especially one like health care reform which would dramatically change policy for years to come. It has to be referenced and cross-referenced. If not, that's precisely how loopholes occur.

Ironically, the fresh proposal which will constitute the agenda for Obama's summit on Thursday with Republicans is only 11 pages long.

The President?s Proposal puts American families and small business owners in control of their own health care. | The White House

Not one Democrat can really say they understand their own massive Health Care behemoth. Any Democrat who does claim they understand it is simply lying. They should address each health care issue on an individual basis with small pieces of Legislation. That's the way they should have approached it all along. Time to start over and get back to common sense.

Of course they understand it. Each clause has been debated for months and months. What are you talking about? Anyone who has taken the time to read all six drafts understands it. It isn't written in French (although the French health care system is one that eventually will probably will be emulated some day :lol: )

Just asking.

Oh please, I do wish you people would stop making these absurd blanket assumptions. I NEVER watch FOX, and I'm here to tell you that the health care reform debate has been just as noisy on every other MSM, including MSNBC where it gets just as demonized as it does on FOX by their conservative contributors.

Try again.

Don't be such a fool. People once built their own homes after they cut down their own trees; they had no electricity coast-to-coast; didn't have to worry about nuclear-armed enemies poised to attack. A hundred years ago, no one envisioned the constitutional mandate for defense would require a $650 billion annual budget or a building the size of my home town for its headquarters either.

Stupid stupid stupid statements.

Forum List

Back