Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

He has more right to fly safely with his purchased ticket than you do to be given peanuts by the stewardess.

I carry my own, just to kill off anyone who is allergic to them. That is evolution at its best. Unlike most progressives, I do not expect everyone to cater to my every whim.
Evolution at its best would mean you'd get a std from someone's gloved hand.

True story.

:thup:

Sorry, I outsmarted the TSA by refusing to go to any airport they control.

Please simply admit that a RN knows more about requirements in their own clinic than you do and move on. I hate it when people make themselves look so stupid.

If your daughter is handling patients without changing her gloves between patients, (which is what the TSA is doing) then she needs to lose her license and her employer needs a hefty fine. End of story. She clearly knows NOTHING about the regs. Keep talking.
You're an idiot. Neither doctors nor nurses are required to wear gloves. They all wash their hands between patients.

Google is your friend.

Bingo ravi.

Does the tsa wash their hands after they touch someone and before the next person they touch?

The article quoted here:

TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

Clearly you are all prejudiced and have issues with blacks.

And none of you has explained why the TSA, themselves wears gloves since there is NO danger of spreading disease during these checks.
you might as well have quoted the op to any thread here
that is just another messageboard/blog

btw, failed attempt to make this a racial issue

Still no explanation of why the TSA wears gloves when there is no danger of contracting disease.

They wear them to protect themselves from the public. The problem here is the public needs just as much protection from not only the tsa but also all of the people they have come into contact with before touching you.

Epic fail!~

Health care professionals see many, many patients who are not considered contagious. Yet they still use gloves. Example: Allergy patients, pediatric patients getting well baby checks, nursing home patients, psych patients, cardiac patients, surgery patients. There are many more. Yet here we are with another agency given cart blanche to spread disease all day long.

Universal precautions assumes that everyone is infected regardless of diagnosis. Health care professionals are required to use gloves. If they don't their facility can be fined thousands of dollars for each instance gloves are not used.

:bsflag:

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Nice that I happen to be here for the holiday......

Does she wash her hands in between touching each baby?

Already been down this road Syrenn. Of course all health care professionals sanitize their hands in between patients. However,(AGAIN) it is not required that they wear gloves unless they are giving a shot or handling body fluids.

And again there really is no comparison between a health care professional and a TSA agent.

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Already been down this road Syrenn. Of course all health care professionals sanitize their hands in between patients. However,(AGAIN) it is not required that they wear gloves unless they are giving a shot or handling body fluids.

And again there really is no comparison between a health care professional and a TSA agent.

Right Ollie. My point is that she does wash her hands between touching people/patients. That is standard medical procedure. I am not suggesting that it is required to wear gloves to touch a patient. Clean hands are a must though. You sanitize on the way into a room you wash your hands in the room and you sanitize on your way out of the room. (and yes i know what i am talking about too)

The tsa should also wash their hands after they touch anyone or their belongings and after. Since that is not possible they should change their gloves after each person they touch and before they touch the next passenger.

There is every comparison between the way health care professionals touch you and the tsa touches you. The point is that they DO touch you. I don't let my doctor touch me unless i see them wash their hands.

Quite true. The Average TSA goon handles more people in a day than any health care professional I have ever met. Why haven't you and your RN daughter addressed the questions I raised earlier? Are you trying to ignore them because they prove that we actually have a point?

Seriously, guys?

Are you guys those people who spray every doorknob with lysol?

Humanity existed for a long time before hand sanitizer. We got by fine then. And I don't think it's healthy to never build up an immune system.

If your daughter is handling patients without changing her gloves between patients, (which is what the TSA is doing) then she needs to lose her license and her employer needs a hefty fine. End of story. She clearly knows NOTHING about the regs. Keep talking.
You're an idiot. Neither doctors nor nurses are required to wear gloves. They all wash their hands between patients.

Google is your friend.

Bingo ravi.

Does the tsa wash their hands after they touch someone and before the next person they touch?
No, and they don't need to, since for the most part they are touching clothing. If you feel the need to wash your hands after they touch your hands (if they do), then go right ahead.

I carry my own, just to kill off anyone who is allergic to them. That is evolution at its best. Unlike most progressives, I do not expect everyone to cater to my every whim.

True story.

Good for you...so quit bitching. If you don't fly you have no reason to complain.

Google is your friend.

Bingo ravi.

No, and they don't need to, since for the most part they are touching clothing. If you feel the need to wash your hands after they touch your hands (if they do), then go right ahead.

Actually what i feel after they touch me and my clothes is that i need a shower and a change of clothing.

I know they dont need or are required to, the point is they should be required to.

True story.

Good for you...so quit bitching. If you don't fly you have no reason to complain.

Why? I am attacking government policies that take away people's rights. That is how most injustices are eventually ended, everyone gets together and makes a difference. Or do only slaves get to complain about slavery? That would make it pretty hard to wipe out, wouldn't it?

Why? I am attacking government policies that take away people's rights. That is how most injustices are eventually ended, everyone gets together and makes a difference. Or do only slaves get to complain about slavery? That would make it pretty hard to wipe out, wouldn't it?
No one has a right to fly on a commercial airline.

True, but they, both the airlines and the tsa, do have the obligation to keep its passengers safe. Not washing their hands and or changing gloves between touching passengers is not doing that.

Your argument was that I do not have a right to complain about the TSA because I do not have to put up with them, how did we get over to a right to fly? Did you realize I was 100% correct and this is an attempt to get me talking about something else?

Again, do only slaves get to complain about slavery? Do only blacks in the south get to complain about Jim Crow? Life does not work that way.

so your saying the TSA women agents are all lesbians?

and not just lesbians, but lesbians that want to feel up multiple random women all day?

No, I am saying the guy who monitors the security cameras likes to watch women feel up women.

Forum List

Back