Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

You are less likely to get an airborne pathogen aboard a plane than you are at work.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HEPA#Airlines

Nice straw man though.
the point is they are never actually touching your skin
they are only patting down outside your clothes
there is no way to transfer any pathogen from these pat downs

Yes. Thank you for some reason.

Chlamydia? Syphilis? HPV?

Dear, lord.

Also, why is everyone so frigging scared of MRSA? 30% of you are already colonized with it.

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

You should explain to your RN daughter that OSHA requires all medical professionals to change gloves before seeing a new patient. If she continues her bad habits the hospital could face a fine of $70,000.00 per willful violation.

Fighting Infection - Hospital Management

No wonder the incidence of infections in hospitals is on the rise with people like her working in them.

Then give OSHA regulatory control of airports and airlines. Problem solved.

Oh wait, you are a conservative. You don't like regulatory bodies.

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

You should explain to your RN daughter that OSHA requires all medical professionals to change gloves before seeing a new patient. If she continues her bad habits the hospital could face a fine of $70,000.00 per willful violation.

No wonder the incidence of infections in hospitals is on the rise with people like her working in them.

hell, i was against the nationalization of airport security in the first place
i STILL think it would have been better handled by the airlines(see El Al)

Well, you are consistent. I notice that other conservatives (i.e. WND) have just re-discovered their love of microbiology and pathology now that Bush is out of office. The last time I checked, the TSA and all the absurdity that accompanies it has been around for almost a decade now.

Back to pathogenesis 101: I am not going to wade through 170 posts of crap, so did anyone ever have an "a ha" moment about STDs being named "Sexually Transmitted" for a reason (that reason being that it requires sexual contact for a healthy person to get them)? Not to put too fine a point on it, but......... It's a little obvious.

Though, I will say the TSA is putting people at risk for the flu and common cold. So get your Flu Shots, folks!

Well, you are consistent. I notice that other conservatives (i.e. WND) have just re-discovered their love of microbiology and pathology now that Bush is out of office. The last time I checked, the TSA and all the absurdity that accompanies it has been around for almost a decade now.

Back to pathogenesis 101: I am not going to wade through 170 posts of crap, so did anyone ever have an "a ha" moment about STDs being named "Sexually Transmitted" for a reason (that reason being that it requires sexual contact for a healthy person to get them)? Not to put too fine a point on it, but......... It's a little obvious.

Though, I will say the TSA is putting people at risk for the flu and common cold. So get your Flu Shots, folks!
yeah, several people pointed that out
didnt seem to matter that much

Why? I am attacking government policies that take away people's rights. That is how most injustices are eventually ended, everyone gets together and makes a difference. Or do only slaves get to complain about slavery? That would make it pretty hard to wipe out, wouldn't it?
No one has a right to fly on a commercial airline.

Your argument was that I do not have a right to complain about the TSA because I do not have to put up with them, how did we get over to a right to fly? Did you realize I was 100% correct and this is an attempt to get me talking about something else?

Again, do only slaves get to complain about slavery? Do only blacks in the south get to complain about Jim Crow? Life does not work that way.
Because you said in your post I answered that people's rights are being taken away. In fact you frame most of your arguments about the tsa as a civil rights issue.

It is not a right to fly commercial.

And Syrenn...it is not necessary to change gloves or even wash after each patdown since they involve for the most part clothing.

And they never pick big breasted women for the pat downs.
so your saying the TSA women agents are all lesbians?

and not just lesbians, but lesbians that want to feel up multiple random women all day?

No, I am saying the guy who monitors the security cameras likes to watch women feel up women.
:lol: Okay, you are too far out there to have a rational discussion with, sadly. You are a conspiracy theorist.

Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

TSA pat-downs could spread sexually-transmitted disease and contribute to pandemics
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals , and sweeping bare armpits and buttocks , those latex gloves being worn by the TSA agents are obviously teeming with germs.

And yet TSA agents often don't change gloves between patting down passengers . They're often using the same gloves on you and your crotch as they were using on the previous passenger's exploratory crotch feel.

This means, of course, that the TSA is now engaged in extremely risky behavior that could spread sexually-transmitted disease , cold viruses, skin fungi (such as ringworm), and even contribute to a pandemic outbreak.

So now, while the TSA claims to be protecting your safety , they could actually be infecting you with pandemic disease at the same time

More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

Infectious Skin Diseases

And lets don't forget MRSA.

This actually IS a public health issue.

While I despise the Gestapo pat downs, you must have spent a LOT of time coming up with THIS .....:cuckoo:

OSHA already does have control of those places. Just saying.

Somebody tried that one already, and I pointed out that STD/STI is simply one way for those diseases to spread. Technically, anything that can be passed through sexual contact is an STI, including flu.

No one has a right to fly on a commercial airline.

Your argument was that I do not have a right to complain about the TSA because I do not have to put up with them, how did we get over to a right to fly? Did you realize I was 100% correct and this is an attempt to get me talking about something else?

Again, do only slaves get to complain about slavery? Do only blacks in the south get to complain about Jim Crow? Life does not work that way.
Because you said in your post I answered that people's rights are being taken away. In fact you frame most of your arguments about the tsa as a civil rights issue.

And Syrenn...it is not necessary to change gloves or even wash after each patdown since they involve for the most part clothing.

There is, however, a right not to be subjected to unreasonable searches. Your argument in response to that that no one has a right to fly does not change the fact that rights are being violated. I am sure some people used to argue that there is no right to sleep in a hotel, or eat in a restaurant, and that either of those places refusing to serve someone on the basis of skin color was not only legal, but that they could always go someplace else. Funny how that argument, which made no sense then, suddenly makes sense now, isn't it?

so your saying the TSA women agents are all lesbians?

and not just lesbians, but lesbians that want to feel up multiple random women all day?

No, I am saying the guy who monitors the security cameras likes to watch women feel up women.
:lol: Okay, you are too far out there to have a rational discussion with, sadly. You are a conspiracy theorist.

Tell you what. Go down to your local airport and watch the security lines for a few hours. See if you don't think that more good looking women get pulled aside for "random" extra screening than is justified by the numbers. Then come back and tell me I am paranoid.

There is, however, a right not to be subjected to unreasonable searches. Your argument in response to that that no one has a right to fly does not change the fact that rights are being violated. I am sure some people used to argue that there is no right to sleep in a hotel, or eat in a restaurant, and that either of those places refusing to serve someone on the basis of skin color was not only legal, but that they could always go someplace else. Funny how that argument, which made no sense then, suddenly makes sense now, isn't it?
It isn't an unreasonable search as long as people are attempting to blow up airplanes.

As to your second point...apples and oranges.

It isn't an unreasonable search as long as people are attempting to blow up airplanes.

As to your second point...apples and oranges.

Wrong. It is an unreasonable search unless it meets the legal definition of reasonable, and it does not.

Forum List

Back