Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

No, I am saying the guy who monitors the security cameras likes to watch women feel up women.
:lol: Okay, you are too far out there to have a rational discussion with, sadly. You are a conspiracy theorist.

Tell you what. Go down to your local airport and watch the security lines for a few hours. See if you don't think that more good looking women get pulled aside for "random" extra screening than is justified by the numbers. Then come back and tell me I am paranoid.

Where do you get this stuff from?

Myth: The TSA pat-down is invasive
Fact: Only passengers who alarm a walk through metal detector or AIT machine or opt out of the AIT receive a pat-down. For this reason, it is designed to be thorough in order to detect any potential threats and keep the traveling public safe. Pat-downs are performed by same-gender officers and all passengers have the right to a private screening with a travel companion at any time.
The TSA Blog: TSA Myth or Fact: Leaked Images, Handcuffed Hosts, Religious Garb, and More!

What triggers a pat-down?
Pat-downs are used to resolve alarms at the checkpoint, including those triggered by metal detectors and AIT units. Pat-downs are also used when a person opts out of AIT screening in order to detect potentially dangerous and prohibited items. Because pat-downs are specifically used to resolve alarms and prevent dangerous items from going on a plane, the vast majority of passengers will not receive a pat-down at the checkpoint.
TSA: Pat-downs

Mountain out of a mole hill. Keep moving people there's nothing to see here.......

There is, however, a right not to be subjected to unreasonable searches. Your argument in response to that that no one has a right to fly does not change the fact that rights are being violated. I am sure some people used to argue that there is no right to sleep in a hotel, or eat in a restaurant, and that either of those places refusing to serve someone on the basis of skin color was not only legal, but that they could always go someplace else. Funny how that argument, which made no sense then, suddenly makes sense now, isn't it?
It isn't an unreasonable search as long as people are attempting to blow up airplanes.

As to your second point...apples and oranges.

Wrong. It is an unreasonable search unless it meets the legal definition of reasonable, and it does not.
Nope. The tsa is tasked with finding weapons and bombs. Therefore their searches are reasonable...especially since you know in advance what to expect.

Now if they start arresting people for drug possession I'll agree with you.

No, I am saying the guy who monitors the security cameras likes to watch women feel up women.
:lol: Okay, you are too far out there to have a rational discussion with, sadly. You are a conspiracy theorist.

Tell you what. Go down to your local airport and watch the security lines for a few hours. See if you don't think that more good looking women get pulled aside for "random" extra screening than is justified by the numbers. Then come back and tell me I am paranoid.

you're not paranoid.

you're not paranoid.
he's a bit paranoid

Fact: Only passengers who alarm a walk through metal detector or AIT machine or opt out of the AIT receive a pat-down. For this reason, it is designed to be thorough in order to detect any potential threats and keep the traveling public safe. Pat-downs are performed by same-gender officers and all passengers have the right to a private screening with a travel companion at any time.
The TSA Blog: TSA Myth or Fact: Leaked Images, Handcuffed Hosts, Religious Garb, and More!

Pat-downs are used to resolve alarms at the checkpoint, including those triggered by metal detectors and AIT units. Pat-downs are also used when a person opts out of AIT screening in order to detect potentially dangerous and prohibited items. Because pat-downs are specifically used to resolve alarms and prevent dangerous items from going on a plane, the vast majority of passengers will not receive a pat-down at the checkpoint.

Mountain out of a mole hill. Keep moving people there's nothing to see here.......

Where do I get what from? Random screenings? I get that from the TSA.

TSA: TSA Expands Random Screening to Gates

It isn't an unreasonable search as long as people are attempting to blow up airplanes.

As to your second point...apples and oranges.

Wrong. It is an unreasonable search unless it meets the legal definition of reasonable, and it does not.
Nope. The tsa is tasked with finding weapons and bombs. Therefore their searches are reasonable...especially since you know in advance what to expect.

No search is unreasonable if it is looking for weapons? The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

The SCOTUS reverses 28 years of unreasonable searches - The Broadside : Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

No search is unreasonable if it is looking for weapons? The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

The SCOTUS reverses 28 years of unreasonable searches - The Broadside : Colorado Springs Gazette, CO
This just backs up my point...the tsa is tasked to look for weapons and bombs but they are not allowed to "find" evidence of garden variety crimes.

Interesting, so we are using some physiological profiling as the Israelis do. From your link:

TSA's specially trained Behavior Detection Officers (BDOs) will accompany the TSOs during some of the screening activities to provide an additional layer of security. BDOs screen travelers for involuntary physical and physiological reactions that indicate stress, fear or deception.

But at the same time I seriously doubt that young women are being singled out by perverted TSO's. Not that there hasn't been a few, as TSO's are human and can do stupid things. But it does not happen as much as some would have us believe.

I wonder how many men are going to try and convince their wives that they got the clap from a TSA pat down on their way to vegas and not from the stripper/hooker in Vegas?

I am sure that will fly.

Pun intended.

I wonder how many men are going to try and convince their wives that they got the clap from a TSA pat down on their way to vegas and not from the stripper/hooker in Vegas?

I am sure that will fly.

Pun intended.

I dont think you can get STD's from the tsa's grubby hands.....but you sure as hell can get lots of nasty bugs!

As to vegas... i am more concerned about that filthy floor they want you to walk on after you take your shoes off! Have you been through vegas? Its a petri dish of nasty stuff.

This just backs up my point...the tsa is tasked to look for weapons and bombs but they are not allowed to "find" evidence of garden variety crimes.

How does it back up your point that any search for weapons is reasonable when it says that some weapons searches are unreasonable? That used to be the police line for searching a car you were driving while being arrested, and it no longer flies. :confused:

Interesting, so we are using some physiological profiling as the Israelis do. From your link:

TSA's specially trained Behavior Detection Officers (BDOs) will accompany the TSOs during some of the screening activities to provide an additional layer of security. BDOs screen travelers for involuntary physical and physiological reactions that indicate stress, fear or deception.

But at the same time I seriously doubt that young women are being singled out by perverted TSO's. Not that there hasn't been a few, as TSO's are human and can do stupid things. But it does not happen as much as some would have us believe.

Go to the airport and watch a security line from outside the airport. Take pictures if you want, it is acceptable under TSA policy. The local goons probably do not know the policy so you might want a copy of it with you when you go.

The TSA Blog: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?

After doing this for a while come back here and tell me I am wrong. Until then, you have no idea what really happens, just like you had no idea random searches were occurring at all.

I am sure that will fly.

Pun intended.

I dont think you can get STD's from the tsa's grubby hands.....but you sure as hell can get lots of nasty bugs!

As to vegas... i am more concerned about that filthy floor they want you to walk on after you take your shoes off! Have you been through vegas? Its a petri dish of nasty stuff.
simple solution, wear socks

oh, and i've seen surgical booties available at the airports should you want something more

Go to the airport and watch a security line from outside the airport. Take pictures if you want, it is acceptable under TSA policy. The local goons probably do not know the policy so you might want a copy of it with you when you go.

After doing this for a while come back here and tell me I am wrong. Until then, you have no idea what really happens, just like you had no idea random searches were occurring at all.
have you done this?

at the airports i have been in recently(Portland, ME, Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA, Detroit, MI) not one of them had visual access to the security area from OUTSIDE the building

have you done this?

at the airports i have been in recently(Portland, ME, Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA, Detroit, MI) not one of them had visual access to the security area from OUTSIDE the building

You can go up to the security area and watch in some airports. Failing that, you can always get there early, and watch from the other side of security. Most airports make it hard to film screening areas, but it is not impossible.

have you done this?

You can go up to the security area and watch in some airports. Failing that, you can always get there early, and watch from the other side of security. Most airports make it hard to film screening areas, but it is not impossible.
you cant get to the other side unless you have a boarding pass

I am sure that will fly.

Pun intended.

I was being facetious about the STDs. I think it's hilarious that people would freak out about getting a SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED disease through a pat down. I think some people's neurosis are showing.

Haven't been to vegas. Been to plenty a seedy bar/strip joint in NOLA and now in the hospital I am far from a germaphobe. Even HIV and HepC don't scare me since you see so many patients with them. The only but that does scare me is TB and we see that more than I think people realize.

Forum List

Back