Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

Umm one more time for the mentally challenged.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's) are called that because sexual activity/contact is pretty much their sole form of transmission. virtually all of them die very quickly when outside of the body.

Colds, flu, measles, etc however are much more contagious and would be what you catch just from being on a plane with someone who has the affliction.

This thread is about STD's not flu, etc.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's) are called that because sexual activity/contact is pretty much their sole form of transmission. virtually all of them die very quickly when outside of the body.

Colds, flu, measles, etc however are much more contagious and would be what you catch just from being on a plane with someone who has the affliction.

Herpetic Whitlow

Last edited:
Herpes? Fever blisters, etc Yes it can be in a genital area and there a few different strains. Shingles are also caused by a herpes virius and isn't Chicken pox related?

Herpes is not only an STD, but it can be an STD.

I love that thumbsuckers are at heightened risk :D

Paranoid hypochondriacs. Sheesh.
A bunch of Monks :D

I haven't heard fleas mentioned yet?
or crabs? but wait isn't that scabies?

I do not know as I have never had an STD.

Last edited:
The tsa doesn't touch naked skin...wtf is wrong with you people? Instead of voicing legitimate concerns you make shit up...how stupid.

Perhaps you should inform the TSA that they do not touch skin. Their own blog has at least one picture of them doing exactly that.

The TSA Blog: What Happens If My Hands Alarm During an Explosives Trace Detection Test (And other questions answered)
I should have been clear...the naked skin discussed in the OP. Hands can be washed. In fact, we probably have more to fear from you, who doesn't wash his hands after using the toilet, than we do from the tsa.

How do you know the tsa people wash their hands after they use the toilet? Sneeze? cough? pick their nose or other parts? Eat?

:eusa_whistle:

Fuck him. If me eating peanuts is going to kill him the gene pool is better off with him dead.
He has more right to fly safely with his purchased ticket than you do to be given peanuts by the stewardess.

I carry my own, just to kill off anyone who is allergic to them. That is evolution at its best. Unlike most progressives, I do not expect everyone to cater to my every whim.
Evolution at its best would mean you'd get a std from someone's gloved hand.

True story.

:thup:

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

Ask her how often she washes/sanitizes her hands. Ask her if she washes/sanitizes her hands before she touches a patient? Ask her if she touches on person and then touches another?

Obviously any health professional sanitizes their hands between patients. Just as it is obvious that they are usually seeing patients who are sick. The TSA is patting down people who are fully clothed and traveling, most of whom it can be assumed, are not to sick to travel. There really is no comparison here. The chances of the TSA spreading a STD through pat downs are so astronomical that it is still laughable.

Ask your daughter if she washes her hands after she sees a non sick patient and before she touches the next person.

I don't think you can transmit STD's though a pat down. I am more addressing everything else they are transmitting with their hands.

Standard health care procedure is: You wash your hands and put on fresh gloves before you touch anyone.

Really? The only way to get herpes is through sexual contact?

Herpes: How do You Catch it? | Herpes Doctor

An STD is simply a disease that can be transmitted through sexual contact, not one that is only transmitted that way.

Sexually transmitted disease definition - Womens Health and Medical Information on MedicineNet.com
Sexually transmitted infection definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms easily defined on MedTerms

Obviously any health professional sanitizes their hands between patients. Just as it is obvious that they are usually seeing patients who are sick. The TSA is patting down people who are fully clothed and traveling, most of whom it can be assumed, are not to sick to travel. There really is no comparison here. The chances of the TSA spreading a STD through pat downs are so astronomical that it is still laughable.

Epic fail!~

Health care professionals see many, many patients who are not considered contagious. Yet they still use gloves. Example: Allergy patients, pediatric patients getting well baby checks, nursing home patients, psych patients, cardiac patients, surgery patients. There are many more. Yet here we are with another agency given cart blanche to spread disease all day long.

Universal precautions assumes that everyone is infected regardless of diagnosis. Health care professionals are required to use gloves. If they don't their facility can be fined thousands of dollars for each instance gloves are not used.

:bsflag:

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Nice that I happen to be here for the holiday......

Does she wash her hands in between touching each baby?

Forum List

Back