Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

TSA pat-downs could spread sexually-transmitted disease and contribute to pandemics
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals , and sweeping bare armpits and buttocks , those latex gloves being worn by the TSA agents are obviously teeming with germs.

And yet TSA agents often don't change gloves between patting down passengers . They're often using the same gloves on you and your crotch as they were using on the previous passenger's exploratory crotch feel.

This means, of course, that the TSA is now engaged in extremely risky behavior that could spread sexually-transmitted disease , cold viruses, skin fungi (such as ringworm), and even contribute to a pandemic outbreak.

So now, while the TSA claims to be protecting your safety , they could actually be infecting you with pandemic disease at the same time

More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Infectious_Skin_Diseases

And lets don't forget MRSA.

This actually IS a public health issue.

Last edited:
Oh trust me, I thought of this the moment the tsa came into existence. Doing a few years of microbiology sorta makes you a germaphobe.

I NEVER let them touch me without changing their gloves in front of me. I never let them touch my things unless they change their gloves in front of me. I flat refuse to stand in their little "foot prints" when they want to search me. Do they sanitize carpets every night? I think not.

Dont let them touch you unless they change their gloves!

From a friend:
TSA to spread communicable diseases
Paul Joseph Watson
Thursday, November 25, 2010

Now that the TSA’s new pat down procedures include reaching inside people’s clothing and directly touching their skin and genitals, communicable diseases are set to soar, with doctors warning of a new wave of infections that will pose a greater risk to public health than any statistical probability of being a victim of terrorism.

Necrotizing fasciitis, commonly known as flesh-eating bacteria, can be spread from one person to another through close contact or inadvertently touching the wound of a person who is infected. The disease can be spread through contact with weakened skin, like a bruise, blister, or abrasion, or merely through minor openings in the skin such as a paper cut or a pin prick.

Cases of flesh-eating bacteria are on the increase and the disease has a 20 per cent death rate.

Syphilis, lice, gonorrhea, ringworm, chlamydia, staph, strep, noro and papilloma viruses are also going to be readily transferred to travelers since TSA agents do not change gloves between each pat down. Now that screeners are literally touching genitalia, the risk of transmitting sexual diseases will skyrocket.

While people are told to wear flip-flops in the gym or at the swimming pool to prevent infections transmitted via bare feet, the TSA makes people remove their shoes and walk through areas loaded with germs with no protection.

“There is no doubt that bacteria (staph, strep, v.cholerae etc.) and viruses (noro, enteroviruses, herpes, hepatitis A and papilloma viruses) can be spread by contaminated vinyl or latex gloves,” Dr. Thomas Warner of Wisconsin told World Net Daily.
________________________________________ _____

Training as a nurse we were taught to ALWAYS change gloves between patients or the spread of communicable diseases will go through the roof. Apparently the TSA doesn’t feel the same.

From a friend:
TSA to spread communicable diseases
Paul Joseph Watson
Thursday, November 25, 2010

Now that the TSA’s new pat down procedures include reaching inside people’s clothing and directly touching their skin and genitals, communicable diseases are set to soar, with doctors warning of a new wave of infections that will pose a greater risk to public health than any statistical probability of being a victim of terrorism.

Necrotizing fasciitis, commonly known as flesh-eating bacteria, can be spread from one person to another through close contact or inadvertently touching the wound of a person who is infected. The disease can be spread through contact with weakened skin, like a bruise, blister, or abrasion, or merely through minor openings in the skin such as a paper cut or a pin prick.

Cases of flesh-eating bacteria are on the increase and the disease has a 20 per cent death rate.

Syphilis, lice, gonorrhea, ringworm, chlamydia, staph, strep, noro and papilloma viruses are also going to be readily transferred to travelers since TSA agents do not change gloves between each pat down. Now that screeners are literally touching genitalia, the risk of transmitting sexual diseases will skyrocket.

While people are told to wear flip-flops in the gym or at the swimming pool to prevent infections transmitted via bare feet, the TSA makes people remove their shoes and walk through areas loaded with germs with no protection.

“There is no doubt that bacteria (staph, strep, v.cholerae etc.) and viruses (noro, enteroviruses, herpes, hepatitis A and papilloma viruses) can be spread by contaminated vinyl or latex gloves,” Dr. Thomas Warner of Wisconsin told World Net Daily.
________________________________________ _____

Training as a nurse we were taught to ALWAYS change gloves between patients or the spread of communicable diseases will go through the roof. Apparently the TSA doesn’t feel the same.

I agree. :clap2:

Staph can survive on a door handle for 5 hours.
Imagine how long they would live on a warm glove.

Now calculate how many people those gloves could potentially touch in that amount of time
:puke:

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Syphilis, lice, gonorrhea, ringworm, chlamydia, staph, strep, noro and papilloma viruses all are part of the possible fringe benefits when airline passengers next go through a full hands-on pat-down by agents of the federal government's Transportation Security Administration, according to doctors.

WND reported two days ago on alarmed passengers who noted that TSA agents doing the pat-downs that have been described by critics as molestation since they include touching private body parts were not changing gloves between passengers. In fact, some apparently were patting down dozens of passengers or more wearing the same gloves.

But neither the TSA nor federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control was willing to comment on the possibilities that infections and other loathsome afflictions could be passed from passenger to passenger.

Doctors sound TSA germ alert

Our government, lookin' out for YOU!!!

If they simply changed their gloves in-between pat-downs, this wouldn't be a problem. Hospital personnel switch gloves and wash hands like an obsessive-compulsive, and most of them are not feeling people's genitalia.

crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

crap

I'm not biting on the lastest paranoid spin on a 30 second pat down before I get into a sealed cabin for a few hours with 100+ strangers, two of which I'm sitting between as they caugh, sneeze, and sputter away towards our destination.

Try again.

You are less likely to get an airborne pathogen aboard a plane than you are at work.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/HEPA#Airlines

Nice straw man though.

crap

Try again.

You are less likely to get an airborne pathogen aboard a plane than you are at work.

Nice straw man though.
the point is they are never actually touching your skin
they are only patting down outside your clothes
there is no way to transfer any pathogen from these pat downs

crap

Try again.

Nice straw man though.

Really? Why do hospitals disinfect sheets? Why do doctors always wash their hands after seeing a patient, even if they did not touch the patient? Disease vectors are a lot more persistent than skin to skin contact.

If a person has an infectious disease, sneezes into their shirt sleeve, and gets patted down by the TSA, those germs can be transferred to the gloves they are wearing, then to your clothing. When you take those clothes off it can transfer to your hands, and thus you.

Just because something is classified as an STD, that does not mean the sex is the only vector that transmits that disease. It is just one of them, possibly the most convenient for that pathogen.

wow is all i can say....yet you sit on plane seats and chairs in public diners? i wonder how many asses a public chair sees in a day....washing one's hands is mega important in daily life...period...when you bump into a stranger by accident...do you run home and change clothes? come on listen to yourselves....i hate to break it to ya...but germs are good for you...look at all them native tribes in the amazon....living germ free...so in comes the white man and wipes them out with the common cold...

how in the fuck do you people manage to log on .....right when i think i cant underestimate the stupidity of people....you fucks post....

wow is all i can say....yet you sit on plane seats and chairs in public diners? i wonder how many asses a public chair sees in a day....washing one's hands is mega important in daily life...period...when you bump into a stranger by accident...do you run home and change clothes? come on listen to yourselves....i hate to break it to ya...but germs are good for you...look at all them native tribes in the amazon....living germ free...so in comes the white man and wipes them out with the common cold...

how in the fuck do you people manage to log on .....right when i think i cant underestimate the stupidity of people....you fucks post....

I know people who carry disinfectant, and change as soon as they walk into the house. That argument will not fly with them.

o what a crock of mal...are you really coming back with the great republican/conservative/idiot anacdotal "i know people" hell i know people who do odd things...does that make them the norm...or does that make them normal...hell no

Nice straw man though.

Really? Why do hospitals disinfect sheets? Why do doctors always wash their hands after seeing a patient, even if they did not touch the patient? Disease vectors are a lot more persistent than skin to skin contact.

If a person has an infectious disease, sneezes into their shirt sleeve, and gets patted down by the TSA, those germs can be transferred to the gloves they are wearing, then to your clothing. When you take those clothes off it can transfer to your hands, and thus you.

Just because something is classified as an STD, that does not mean the sex is the only vector that transmits that disease. It is just one of them, possibly the most convenient for that pathogen.
uh, you do understand that in a hospital people being on those beds generally have the possibility of body fluids getting ON those sheets

if you are THAT worried about it i suggest you bring a container of hand sanitizer with you when you fly and demand the TSA agent use it before touching you should you be one of the few that actually gets this pat down

o and here's anacdotal for ya....

took care of someone with mras....is that right...the bad infection stuff? ...wow washed their sheets and all....daily....never got it...and horror of all horrors...i did not wear gloves.

Forum List

Back