Cop In Chicago Shot Negro. Was It Murder?

It also matters which shots were fatal. The first couple...or the follow ups. If first shots killed him...it probably won't stick as murder because the first shots might be justified. Barely. But in court who knows.
looks like the first couple of shots knocked the kid down and he was on the ground . No reason to keep plugging the kid . The kid was STOPPED and lying on the street Bucs .

What is all this "kid" shit. Inless the suspect was clearly a child, he was fair game.
17 year old is a kid , call him a kid criminal / thug and that ok with me . Call him anything you like but that's not the issue . Issue is that he was dropped and laying on the the ground after a coupla hits and that's when the shooting should have stopped because the 'kid' was STOPPED . And even stopping him with gunfire is questionable as no ones life was in danger as the 'kid' was running and veering away from the cops 'Freemind' .

This kind of thing is happening way too often. Total overkill. The cops are supposed to serve and protect us.

You may have seen the thing on the news yesterday where a cop in Chicago was charged with shooting down a negro about a year ago. Was it murder? Well the negro had a knife. Before the cop who shot him showed up, there were other police around. No doubt there had been many calls by the police there for the negro to drop the knife. Which the negro obviously ignored. Well when the other cop showed up and blasted him, the negro didn't ignore that. That wasn't murder. That was a cop in a virtual war zone taking out the trash. Besides, maybe the negro was just trying to commit suicide by cop. Or maybe it thought that if it survived, it could sue the city for a shitload of money because of excessive force. Just as many other negros do when they fail to obey lawful orders. What do you think.

Do us a favor. Grab your phone and head to town. When you see a black person.....any adult......male or female.......turn on your video camera.

Then, approach the black person and say "Hello....I would like to get a negro's perspective on the shooting that happened in Chicago. You are a negro....what do you think?"

I dare ya. Bitch.

First all, blow me. Secondly, how about I go to the southern border and find some mexicans entering the U.S. illegaly and video them as I tell them, "You aren't supposed to enter the U.S. like that."

That's gay. You are getting a hard by typing the word "negro" over and over because you are afraid to use it in real life. You are clearly a pussy.

The actual term is Homo africanus. Though I don't use the term "negro." I prefer to use the word "nig-ger." Or maybe tar baby, coon, spear chucker, spade, spook, porch monkey or maybe if I'm feeling nice, darkie.

The cop shouldn't have shot him, 2 other cops already had the person in their sights.

And, 15 seconds isn't enough time to figure out anything, even if you had been listening in on the radio.

In choosing to keep his knife, the negroid may as well have been wearing a sign on his back that said "SHOOT ME!" The cop just obliged.

It also matters which shots were fatal. The first couple...or the follow ups. If first shots killed him...it probably won't stick as murder because the first shots might be justified. Barely. But in court who knows.
looks like the first couple of shots knocked the kid down and he was on the ground . No reason to keep plugging the kid . The kid was STOPPED and lying on the street Bucs .

What is all this "kid" shit. Inless the suspect was clearly a child, he was fair game.
17 year old is a kid , call him a kid criminal / thug and that ok with me . Call him anything you like but that's not the issue . Issue is that he was dropped and laying on the the ground after a coupla hits and that's when the shooting should have stopped because the 'kid' was STOPPED . And even stopping him with gunfire is questionable as no ones life was in danger as the 'kid' was running and veering away from the cops 'Freemind' .

This kind of thing is happening way too often. Total overkill. The cops are supposed to serve and protect us.

Maybe with all the shootings and murders that occur in Chicago each year, they figure that it's time to step up the gameplan from simply "protect and serve."

Maybe with all the shootings and murders that occur in Chicago each year, they figure that it's time to step up the gameplan from simply "protect and serve."
not an individual cops decision to make , heck , thats not the USA or Chicagos governments decision to make Freemind .

I think it was a reasonable shooting. Does anyone really want that hoodlum walking the street high on PCP and wielding a knife? Honestly, that cop did us all a favor.
Your complete rejection of the American Justice System is noted.
Youre the one calling him a murderer before the trial even started. Why do you reject our judicial system?

Maybe he thought the perp had a gun in his hand? He turned toward him? There are 10 gunshot victims each night in CHI. When you come upon a scene.......the Cop over-reacted? if anything Manslaughter? No way this is pre-meditated Murder1.

they paid 5mil restitution. All across the rust belt Families are home saying "here son, smoke this blunt, then take this knife and run down and get me a bottle of gin" "take your shirt off too, it hot out there"

Always a Runner in these shootings. Like running man out there. What if the perp run to somebody house, kick in back door....start taking hostage. Do you want the Cops to let them go? Take my card, when you feel like being arrested come on down to the station house.

Most here know I am a major supporter of LEOs, but in this case the officer stepped so far beyond the line of Justice and Decency that there can be no defense of his actions.

The only reason the officer stopped at 16 shots is that his weapon ran out of ammo. I'd be willing to bet he "dry pulled" the trigger (repeatedly pulling the trigger on an rmpty gun) several times as well.

Even IF there was a,reason to have fired (I dont believe there was), the suspect was disabled by the second or third shot. There was no need for another dozen (poorly aimed) shots

Only two things can reasonably be considered as the source of this...... Malice (the specific desire to kill) or Blood Lust (a loss of mental faculties brought on by the adrenaline rush of combat). Neither are acceptable in a LEO. If it was Malice, he's guilty of Murder 1. If it was Blood Lust, he's guilty of a slightly lesser crime.

I'm glad he's been charged with Murder 1. Niw the Jury will have a full slate of options available to them when they determine what he's guilty of.

I think it was a reasonable shooting. Does anyone really want that hoodlum walking the street high on PCP and wielding a knife? Honestly, that cop did us all a favor.
Your complete rejection of the American Justice System is noted.
Youre the one calling him a murderer before the trial even started. Why do you reject our judicial system?
That he's a murderer is obvious, only I didn't suggest that we just shoot him as you did the victim.

There is no way even the first shots can be justified. The only hope vanDyke has is a temporary insanity plea. The sixteen shots could do it for him.

In my opinion he is a latent psycho who went completely out of control. I can't think of another way for a 12+ year veteran cop to unload that way. I think his level of pathological racial hatred had reached the boiling point and he went off. Started shooting and couldn't stop.

You may have seen the thing on the news yesterday where a cop in Chicago was charged with shooting down a negro about a year ago. Was it murder? Well the negro had a knife. Before the cop who shot him showed up, there were other police around. No doubt there had been many calls by the police there for the negro to drop the knife. Which the negro obviously ignored. Well when the other cop showed up and blasted him, the negro didn't ignore that. That wasn't murder. That was a cop in a virtual war zone taking out the trash. Besides, maybe the negro was just trying to commit suicide by cop. Or maybe it thought that if it survived, it could sue the city for a shitload of money because of excessive force. Just as many other negros do when they fail to obey lawful orders. What do you think.
Or maybe he was a sick mentally ill vet with PTSD. Or on a bad trip. We as a society say that's excessive force and murder.

Do we want to change the rules where that isn't excessive? Take a poll. No, I will.

looked to me that the kid tried to avoid the cops as he was running but was also veering away from the cops . After the first couple of hits out of 16 hits the kid was on the ground so he was STOPPED and didn't deserve more slugs because he was NO danger to anyone . Don't know if its murder but sure looked like murder to me .
Hand in pocket concealing a gun. You don't stop shooting. Matters not if he was down. Cop will walk with Chicago jury of his peers. Residents afraid to be in the southside.

Forum List

Back