Convicted murderer uses last words before execution to claim ‘Ron DeSantis has done a lot worse’

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
This is just surreal.

Literally the dude's last moments on Earth.

As we write this post, convicted murderer Donald Dillbeck has been dead for exactly one hour, having been executed in Florida Thursday evening. As the headline says, Dillbeck used his last breaths to criticize Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — guess he was salty about not getting that pardon.

“I know I hurt people when I was young. I really messed up. But I know Ron DeSantis has done a lot worse. He’s taken a lot from a lot of people. I speak for all men, women and children. He’s put his foot on our necks. Ron DeSantis and other people like him can suck our d**ks.”

He did indeed “hurt people” when he was young:

Convicted murderer Donald Dillbeck is scheduled to be executed at 6 p.m. ET tonight at Florida State Prison after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected a last-minute petition by Dillbeck’s attorneys on Wednesday. Dillbeck, now 59, was sent to death row after he was convicted of the 1990 murder of Faye Lamb Vann in a Tallahassee mall parking lot.

He is truly the Left's spirit animal.

Wow wild stuff. Now we don’t need a death penalty in this country by the way that is barbaric.

I stand against the death penalty just as I stand against abortion. And I’ve heard a lot of people say that prison is a hell of a lot worse than the death penalty.

Apparently the death penalty or having a death penalty having somebody to go to death row go through all of the appeals . ….cost taxpayers a lot more money.

Wow wild stuff. Now we don’t need a death penalty in this country by the way that is barbaric.

I stand against the death penalty just as I stand against abortion. And I’ve heard a lot of people say that prison is a hell of a lot worse than the death penalty.

Apparently the death penalty or having a death penalty having somebody to go to death row go through all of the appeals . ….cost taxpayers a lot more money.

For the record I actually agree.

My reasoning is that there's too high a chance that an innocent person gets executed.

But most Republicans disagree with me.

And that's OK.

Stop the appeals. And no. Prison is not worse than the death penalty. Rather than contemplate their acts in a state of remorse and guilt, these killers do little else but savor every memory and fantasize about who else they would kill and how.

Take them out in the parking lot. Bullet to the back of the head. Save the money.

My reasoning is that there's too high a chance that an innocent person gets executed.

And that's OK.
That’s a big one right there because innocent people have been executed. It’s also against Christianity to enforce a death sentence on somebody. It’s like what do these court systems think they are…. they think they’re God or something.?

Stop the appeals. And no. Prison is not worse than the death penalty. Rather than contemplate their acts in a state of remorse and guilt, these killers do little else but savor every memory and fantasize about who else they would kill and how.

Take them out in the parking lot. Bullet to the back of the head. Save the money.
To your point this all depends on the punishment doesn’t it. Would you actually tell me that life in prison at one of those ADX Supermax prisons is somehow a place where a killer can relive there fantasies?

It’s been said that the Supermax prisons are literally the worst prisons in the world even worse than whatever kind of hell hole prison we could imagine in east Asia or anywhere in South America or anywhere for that matter.

Last edited:
Sending an innocent msn to the chair or doing so via weak, corrupt processes reslly mskes the desth penslty a.dangerous option with no means to reverse the decision.

And that's OK.
My concern isn’t with the cost of appeals. Maybe it should be expensive to go the execution route.

I also like the idea that, if later evidence shows that a guilty verdict was wrong, not having a death penalty makes a reversal a valuable thing. (Not much purpose is served by vacating a conviction of a guy whose already been executed.)

Still, there are some crimes for which I can support the death penalty. But I wouldn’t lose one moment’s sleep if was outlawed in our land, entirely.

To your point this all depends on the punishment doesn’t it. Would you actually tell me that life in prison at one of those ADX Supermax prisons is somehow a place where a killer can relive there fantasies?

It’s been said that the Supermax prisons are literally the worst person in the world even worse than whatever kind of hell hole prison we could imagine in east Asia or anywhere in South America or anywhere for that matter.
Yes. Supermax isn't nearly as bad as you imagine them to be. Have you ever been in one? For one thing, unlike prisons in Asia or South America, Supermax is very clean. Cleaner than county jail. That's for sure. County has roaches as big as rats and rats as big as cats. But, I digress. Men sent to a supermax, like Pelican Bay, that's the one I know best has proven to be a danger to even other inmates. The cells are brightly lit 24 hours a day. The inmates are under continual surveillance and usually in permanent solitary confinement. There is no prison yard such as in other prisons. There are small confined areas open to the sky where prisoners get their 20 minutes a day outside.

The prisoners have little to do but think about what they did and what they would do if they has the chance. To a fellow inmate, to a guard. To the last Oscar winner.

Yes. It's their chief past time.

Forum List

Back