Controversial radio host Don Imus dead at 79

Radio shock jock Don Imus, one of the early pioneers of his genre, died Friday less than two years after retiring, according to a family statement given to NBC New York.

He was 79.

The controversial morning personality’s last day on the radio was on March 29 of last year. He had announced on Jan. 22 that he was retiring, telling fans: “Turn out the lights...the party's over."

------------

Rest in peace Iman - For almost 50 years he was a staple in NYC radio!

iu

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

Imus was offered many TV shows, including on FOX, but refused to take them!

Imus revealed he had prostrate cancer a number of years ago. I wonder if it metastasized. RIP to his family.

Imus was funny and witty and often scandalous

But he had a deep understanding of our political arena and would put politicians in their place

He would have been great on this board

45 minutes into this video, Imus makes fun of Trump and Native Americans in one skit (from 1995)

I read that. I used to listen to Imus all the time. He was as acerbic as they came. His forte was the personal insult though he could ask good questions of his guests. Funny at times. Too thin skinned other times. Howard Stern was probably right about his ranch. It probably was a scam. Who knows. After his show was cancelled on MSNBC he went downhill swiftly. Watched him very rarely afterwards.

He had a great run on Fox Business after the nappy headed hos calmed down.

I read that. I used to listen to Imus all the time. He was as acerbic as they came. His forte was the personal insult though he could ask good questions of his guests. Funny at times. Too thin skinned other times. Howard Stern was probably right about his ranch. It probably was a scam. Who knows. After his show was cancelled on MSNBC he went downhill swiftly. Watched him very rarely afterwards.

He had a great run on Fox Business after the nappy headed hos calmed down.
The show wasn’t nearly the same. It was a bore fest.

Imus was jealous that Howard Stern had a better seat than Rudy Giuliani during Bill Clinton's 2nd inauguration

Forum List

Back