Contards seek to "conserve" human rights, sure, just like this

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Immigration Detention Centers Are Like Campus 'Holiday,' House Republicans Say

Smith "criticizes these detention standards as 'hospitality guidelines,'" Lofgren said during the hearing. "I didn't think that it's a 'hospitality guideline' to prevent rape of detainees, women who have done nothing wrong, to prevent death of detainees."

But Republicans said the reports of abuse were mostly meaningless. Gallegly told Lofgren that her examples of suffering were anecdotes, and shared his own about an immigrant who was released from detention and then killed by citizens. Later, King said that based on his calculations, a person in detention would be less likely to die than someone in the general population. He shrugged off a witness's point that in the general population, many deaths are due to old age.

The hearing hashed out familiar arguments on immigration changes, which are at a legislative standstill because of the divided Congress. House Republicans have used hearings to accuse the Obama administration of trying to avoid enforcement of immigration laws.

Gallegly and Smith on Wednesday also argued detention was too expensive and would become more so if immigrants were held in less jail-like facilities. Smith pointed to cuts in funding for physical education classes in schools, while detainees play soccer, volleyball or basketball.

He added that one recently-opened facility cost "over $30 million taxpayer dollars" -- a figure that actually refers to the cost to Geo Group, the private company that built it. None of the three Republican congressman said they would support alternatives to detention that would cut costs, such as ankle bracelet monitoring.

To those who have experienced detention, the idea that centers are too nice is laughable. Nazry Mustakim, a legal resident who was detained for 10 months and released in February, said he slept in a room with 100 beds, waiting days for medical attention, eating meager food portions at odd hours. Basketball was one of the only activities, he said.

Contards and human rights, sure they're for it, they think wateboarding isn't against human rights even though scared ass Hannity refused to be waterboarded.

"Contards"? It's pretty hilarious how people keep finding new pet names for people on the opposing side.

WTF? Are you an Ostrich? I am sure the word, "libtard" is new to you also.

Step out of your time warp.

"Contards"? It's pretty hilarious how people keep finding new pet names for people on the opposing side.

Yes I know, I'm pretty old fashioned. I'm still one of those people who believe it is possible to disagree with someone without calling him/her names.

Yes I know, I'm pretty old fashioned. I'm still one of those people who believe it is possible to disagree with someone without calling him/her names.

Then you don't belong here. This place is not for civil disagreement.

Then you don't belong here. This place is not for civil disagreement.

I'll determine that for myself, thank you.

I get called monkey, chimp, ape, and primate by people here, contard is very tame.

He is another self-righteousness, partisan asshole.

It is not like we seen these people before.

I get called monkey, chimp, ape, and primate by people here, contard is very tame.

When confronted by stupid people I don't feel the urge to dumb down.

Dumb? I have yet to see you post anything useful (in this thread?). You are just another self-aggrandizing asshat.

Try posting something of value.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind. I'm sure your examples of meaningful posts will be a great help to me.

When confronted by stupid people I don't feel the urge to dumb down.

Dumb? I have yet to see you post anything useful (in this thread?). You are just another self-aggrandizing asshat.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind. I'm sure your examples of meaningful posts will be a great help to me.

Are you somehow insinuating that you're not a troll? Look how you hijacked this thread, trolling.

I will keep your offer in mind when you actually provide substance rather than bitching.

Perhaps next time you could even define Conservatism; Burkean, Goldwater, Paul, or other and then tell us why you have your panties in wedge.

You are probably another neocon hack.

Last edited:

Are you somehow insinuating that you're not a troll? Look how you hijacked this thread, trolling.

So sorry you have a problem when people don't say and write what you want them to. I musy have been confused and assumed that you were a grown-up.

I will keep your offer in mind when you actually provide substance rather than bitching.

I stand in awe of your substantive posting.

The irony is strong.

What type of Conservative are you?

The kind who believes there is such a thing as society, which is held together by a set of basic shared values, and that government should be a function of society and not the other way round.

The kind also who believes that there should be as few laws as possible, but that those laws who are enacted should be enforced.

Forum List

Back