Right-Wing Bullies Continue to Attack Children

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Bob Cesca: Right-Wing Bullies Continue to Attack Children

Trayvon Martin is the latest in a long roster of conservative targets. This week, various conservative media sources have made specious accusations about the character and motives of an unarmed kid who was shot dead. Arguably the easiest target in America is a dead black teenager: unable to posthumously defend himself and whose race makes him a lightning rod for all sorts of slack-jawed character assumptions, racial stereotypes, backhanded "unintentional" racism and white resentment.

So the far-right has naturally taken the path of least resistance here and is thumbing through Trayvon's tweets and photos -- and even his menswear -- to determine whether he had it coming.

Geraldo Rivera thought Trayvon's clothing might have invited the shooting. Rush Limbaugh and others have tried in earnest to connect Trayvon to the Black Panthers via, strangely enough, President Obama. Drudge posted sensationalistic headlines about Trayvon's past while illustrating the links with a "grills" photo of Trayvon which was obviously meant to feed anti-black "gangsta" stereotypes. Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller released what are purported to be Trayvon's tweets. Glenn Beck's The Blaze posted an entire list of infractions Trayvon might have committed at his high school. The list includes homicide, sexual harassment and armed robbery. The absurd notion that somehow Trayvon's unsubstantiated "record" might somehow justify George Zimmerman's actions are totally indicative of the kind of bullying and racial dog-whistles we've observed from these people on countless occasions. And, by the way, it's this kind of behavior that's dooming the far-right to the margins of reasonable debate while fracturing the Republican Party.

As I wrote earlier, this isn't the first time a child has been targeted by the right. There's a long history of far-right aggression against both children and adult "noncombatants."

Sandra Fluke, whose reputation was assassinated in the right-wing media, is an ordinary citizen who simply delivered some brief remarks to members of Congress. For her obvious crime the right-wing media, and most notably Rush Limbaugh, declared war on a woman who hadn't ever appeared on cable news or talk radio or even maintained a blog. Easy, then, for the far-right to draw blood by means of overwhelming the so-called enemy with the full force of right-wing radio and television. How can anyone new to the scene, irrespective of age, race or gender, expect to fight back against a trained and monied right-wing attack machine? Limbaugh and others know this, so, to them, it's an easily winnable fight.

Who's gonna be next?

Police video tapes show that Zimmerman showed no signs of having been attacked.

You know I feel for this boy who was killed but the media is doing overkill on this .. There are many people out there are murdered and the person has not put to justice yet. All this is doing is making our country divide even more by the left wing media. First it was the rich against the poor now its whites against the blacks . Its a real shame. Whats the saying. United we stand divided we fall. I guess the left wants this country to fall..

:lol:

so I suppose now there is a war on children according to Hufferpost?

man the left is so predictable

You know I feel for this boy who was killed but the media is doing overkill on this .. There are many people out there are murdered and the person has not put to justice yet. All this is doing is making our country divide even more by the left wing media. First it was the rich against the poor now its whites against the blacks . Its a real shame. Whats the saying. United we stand divided we fall. I guess the left wants this country to fall..

Race doesn't matter when black boys get killed but if a white kid gets killed and gets this kind of media tards like you don't give the same reaction.

Race doesn't matter when black boys get killed but if a white kid gets killed and gets this kind of media tards like you don't give the same reaction.

Did you hear about the 85 year old woman raped, sodomized and murdered by rampaging blacks just the other day? While her husband was tortured and shot in the head with a BB gun.

Of course not. I had to go to a European newspaper to find it. That kind of story doesn't suit the 'narrative' that the FILTH in the LSM wants portrayed.

Elderly woman sexually assaulted, husband shot with BB gun during fatal home*invasion

20120316_tyrone-woodfork.jpg

Charming looking fellow, huh? His accomplices are still on the loose

How about the 13 year old kid that was chased down by two 16 year old black kids and set on fire? His offense?

He was white.

Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy'

A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head.

The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said.

Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.

"We were told it's a hate crime," Coon told KTLA.

Ed:
Don't start this "poor, misbegotten black kid" bullshit with me. It ain't gonna fly.

The FILTH in the LSM has a narrative to sell. People like you are stupid enough to believe it.

I'm not.

Plus, the Stuttering Clusterfukk Of A Miserable Failure has NOTHING going for him right now.

Except his race. That's it. It's all he's got. Victim status, poor little me. Whiney little bitch.

And overkill? What the hell are you talking about.

A kid was murdered for going to the store for some candy and a can of tea. And the State of Florida was going to let the killer go scot free.

And what has been the reaction of you 'Conservatives'? First, to denigrate the character of the kid. Then to paint Zimmerman as the victim. Now, as the police video demonstrates the depth of the lies that Zimmerman and you people have been telling, you say we need to drop it because it is too divisive?

Well, damned right it is divisive. There is a deep divide between bigotry that allows for the murder of innocents, and the desire to see justice done.

And now we have an additional task. Find out who and why the orders were given not to charge Zimmerman. And to hold them completely accountable. And if they are elected officials, maybe recall time, as well as criminal charges.

Forum List

Back