Congressional D's vs. R's

No NO, haven't you been paying attention? According to Maineman ALL the bad numbers from Congress are because there are still Republicans in Congress.

ho hum.... more flatulent hyperbolic rhetoric from RGS.

Please go back and get the quote from me that says that all the bad numbers from Congress are because there are still republicans in Congress.

I'll wait.

I have often acknowledged that the public has a dismal view of congress in general. I have suggested that the reason why they hold congress in such low regard is their inability to get anything done. The democratic majority is razor thin and far from veto-proof and the republican president is entrenched and has no real motivation to accomodate the majority on THE key issue that dominated the last election: the Iraq war.

This thread, however, is a question to republicans to explain why, if they continue to suggest that America is growing weary of democrats in congress, the polls show that the public has a much higher approval of democrats in congress than they do of republicans in congress.

The republican's responses so far have fallen into two basic categories:

1. but look at these polls for the (democratic) congress!!!!

2. nothing to crow about... the democrats are almost as bad!!

Not exactly the reasoned discourse I was hoping for when I started this thread... but this thread certainly does serve the purpose of lowering my overall expectations for reasoned debate from conservatives here.

I could have three fingers blown off in an industrial accident, and still count the number of intelligent, reasonable republicans/conservatives at this site willing to engage in non-flaming debate on that one hand.

Perhaps is Dems did not break nearly all the promises they made to get elected, they would have higher numbers

Perhaps is Dems did not break nearly all the promises they made to get elected, they would have higher numbers

that may be. What then, do you think caused the republicans in congress to have even lower numbers? what have THEY done to get even lower on the public's shit list?

that may be. What then, do you think caused the republicans in congress to have even lower numbers? what have THEY done to get even lower on the public's shit list?

Some Republicans are starting to move more to the right - as Dems move further to the left

It seems power has gone to the Dems head - and they are ignoring what the voters want

Some Republicans are starting to move more to the right - as Dems move further to the left

It seems power has gone to the Dems head - and they are ignoring what the voters want

that still avoids answering the question as to why the republican in congress have consistently been held in lower regard than democrats in congress since BEFORE the last election.

Would you care to give us your thoughts on THAT?

that still avoids answering the question as to why the republican in congress have consistently been held in lower regard than democrats in congress since BEFORE the last election.

Would you care to give us your thoughts on THAT?

The Dems are in deep trouble. They want to appease the kook left, George Soros, and the MoveOn.prg nuts, and at the same time the rank and file voters

The usual Dem wants and desires of higher taxes and more welfare is no longer is a winner for them

just can't quite bring yourself to answer the question, can you? :rofl:

Why HAVE the republicans in congress consistently been held in lower regard than democrats in congress since BEFORE the last election?

I am well aware that is all you can say...you have certainly proven that you are incapable of actually answering the question put to you.

I think the Dems are doing great

They may set a new record by July 4

Single digits would be a hell of way to celebrate Independence Day

however badly you think the democrats are doing, the polls clearly show that the public thinks worse of congressional republicans.

that HAS to suck!:lol:

Not as bad as White Flag Harry's 19%

Mitch McConnell is also at 19%

and the fact remains unrebutted by you: congressional republicans have been continually held in lower regard than congressional democrats since before the last election....a solid trend that you continue to run away from.

Mitch McConnell is also at 19%

and the fact remains unrebutted by you: congressional republicans have been continually held in lower regard than congressional democrats since before the last election....a solid trend that you continue to run away from.

It seems the left is more worried then the right

not me.... how about you?

how do YOU explain the fact that republicans in congress are held in such completely low regard by the public?

I am not worried

One can always count of Dems to overplay their hand, mover further to the left, and show their true liberal colors

They are doing all that right now - and thier numbers will continue to drop

I am not worried

One can always count of Dems to overplay their hand, mover further to the left, and show their true liberal colors

They are doing all that right now - and thier numbers will continue to drop

yeah...but how do you EXPLAIN those continued low numbers for republicans?

yeah...but how do you EXPLAIN those continued low numbers for republicans?

Republicans are not helping their cause by supporting the amnesty bill

When the bill dies (I hope) things will get back to normal where Dems push for higher tazes, surrender in Iraq, trying to silence politcal speech they do not like, and the usual looney left issues

Republicans are not helping their cause by supporting the amnesty bill

When the bill dies (I hope) things will get back to normal where Dems push for higher tazes, surrender in Iraq, trying to silence politcal speech they do not like, and the usual looney left issues

there numbers have been in the tank since before the last election. that ain't the "amnesty" bill. How do you explain the numbers for congressional republicans being in the toilet since before the last election?

Forum List

Back