Congressional D's vs. R's

maineman

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2006
guess
Many of the republicans on here seem incapable of discussing those public opinion polls that come out from time to time and ask the people to grade the performance of DEMOCRATS IN congress versus REPUBLICANS IN congress.

Those polls are substantially different than the ones asking the public to give their approval rating for congress in general, Congress is made up of just about evenly sized caucuses of democrats and republicans, and the approval rating for congress covers the public's opinion of the entire group.

Democrats hold slim majorities in both chambers, but their lack of a veto-proof majority and the presence of a republican president limits their abilities to pass any solidly democratic initiatives (troop funding and stem cell research come to mind). The people ARE disenchanted with this gridlock. They are disappointed in the leadership of both parties in congress, no doubt. But the facts are clear: since well before the 2006 elections, whenever asked to differentiate between the performance of democrats in congress versus republicans in congress, the people's opinions are clear and unambiguous and fairly constant.

I wish that someone from the right would actually discuss THESE numbers instead of running away from them and posting congressional approval ratings as if they were synonymous. Come on, you righties..... give it a try: Explain this trend...explain why your party's congressional delegation continues to get lower marks than the democratic congressional delegation.

public approval ratings:
congressional democrats versus congressional republicans:

FOX 9/06
D 39
R 34

CNN 10/06
D 42
R 36

CBS 2/07
D 54
R 41

Gallup 2/07
D 41
R 33

Harris 4/07
D 35
R 22

ABC/WP 6/07
D 44
R 36

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

• Banned
do you have any comments about the polls listed above, or will you try to ruin yet another of my threads?

do you have any comments about the polls listed above, or will you try to ruin yet another of my threads?

Yes I have a comment

New Gallup data show confidence in Congress at all time low

Just 14% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in Congress.

This 14% Congressional confidence rating is the all-time low for this measure, which Gallup initiated in 1973. The previous low point for Congress was 18% at several points in the period of time 1991 to 1994.

Congress is now nestled at the bottom of the list of Gallup's annual Confidence in Institutions rankings, along with HMOs. Just 15% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in HMOs. By way of contrast, 69% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in the military, which tops the list.

• Banned
seriously.... if you want to post the latest polls about congressional approval ratings, go here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=49030

please try to stay on topic on this thread and confine your comments here to the polls that ask the public to differentiate between the two parties.

the fact is: the appropriate thread for that information is the one listed above. I politely asked republicans to specifically comment on the differentiation polls that I listed. If you can't talk about the subject of the thread, why must you change the subject? Why can't you stay on topic or stay away?

the fact is: the appropriate thread for that information is the one listed above. I politely asked republicans to specifically comment on the differentiation polls that I listed. If you can't talk about the subject of the thread, why must you change the subject? Why can't you stay on topic or stay away?

You will always ignore, dismiss, duck, dodge, and hide from anything that goes against your beloved party

They are fucking up big time and the polls show it

Your lame attempt to spin it is funny as hell to watch

no. that's it.

I posted a thread and politely asked republicans to address it and to NOT confuse the issue by posting congressional approval poll information. I even went so far as to post the thread where such poll information was more appropriate.

You came on my thread, completely ignored my request, and changed the subject, posting the very sort of poll information that I specifically asked to preclude from the discussion.

That is terribly impolite.

no. that's it.

I posted a thread and politely asked republicans to address it and to NOT confuse the issue by posting congressional approval poll information. I even went so far as to post the thread where such poll information was more appropriate.

You came on my thread, completely ignored my request, and changed the subject, posting the very sort of poll information that I specifically asked to preclude from the discussion.

That is terribly impolite.

You want a one sided discussion with no facts added

Oh well, MM - people in Hell want ice water - they don't get thier wish either

You want a one sided discussion with no facts added

Oh well, MM - people in Hell want ice water - they don't get thier wish either

I want to discuss the polls that I listed. Just like you want to discuss the polls you list in YOUR threads.

The numbers listed above ARE facts, RSR. WHy can't you discuss THEM instead of continually avoiding them and changing the subject?

I want to discuss the polls that I listed. Just like you want to discuss the polls you list in YOUR threads.

The numbers listed above ARE facts, RSR. WHy can't you discuss THEM instead of continually avoiding them and changing the subject?

This 14% Congressional confidence rating is the all-time low for this measure, which Gallup initiated in 1973.

That is a FACT AS WELL

One you do not want to talk about

This 14% Congressional confidence rating is the all-time low for this measure, which Gallup initiated in 1973.

That is a FACT AS WELL

One you do not want to talk about

let's talk about that on YOUR thread that has to do with congressional approval ratings. THis thread has to do with the polls that ask the public to differentiate between the parties. Discuss that.

let's talk about that on YOUR thread that has to do with congressional approval ratings. THis thread has to do with the polls that ask the public to differentiate between the parties. Discuss that.

OK folks you heard MM

NO FACTS ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK folks you heard MM

NO FACTS ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no. this thread is about the polls that differentiate between D's and R's...it is not about congressional approval polls, any more than it is about the boston red sox. I don't mind facts in any thread...I just ask that the facts are relevant to the subject of the thread. Can you address the subject of the thread, please?

no. this thread is about the polls that differentiate between D's and R's...it is not about congressional approval polls, any more than it is about the boston red sox. I don't mind facts in any thread...I just ask that the facts are relevant to the subject of the thread. Can you address the subject of the thread, please?

If I were you I woukld not want to talk about the lowest rating for Congress since they started tracking the numbers if my party was running things

I understand MM - Nov 08 will be great for my local animal shelter

Forum List

Back