Congress is filled with morons

The refusal to process a legal transaction based upon the fact that it is for a gun is discriminatory - just like refusing to bake a cake. You can't have it both ways RaTz,
Gun manufacturers are not "minorities" in the public accomodation laws.
So, let them all decide for any reason or no reason at all. Let freedom decide.
You'll not get me to agree to that, Bootney. There are reasons for the PA laws, unfortunately.

So it's only possible to discriminate against groups that YOU LIKE.

Got it.

What's the alternative?

Government force?

:dunno:

The banks that issue commercial credit are doing so because of the Federal Reserve Act and legal tender laws (i.e. gubmint force)....They need to be held to the laws from which they derive their profits.

You communist need to keep the government out of private businesses. Move to Russia or China if you want to live where the government dictates what private companies must do
I'm citing laws that the banks profit from....If they want to have laws on their side, then they can deal with the ramifications when those laws go against their mixing politics and business.

Now go light a candle at your shrine to the Bushes.

Oh yeah...me who says that Bush II was the worst POTUS in the history of the country has a shrine to the Bushes...you are a funny, funny man.

Why do you want the Fed Govt telling people who to loan money to and whom not to? That is what got us into the big fucking mess back in 2008
Bush II was bad and I detested the dufus too until Obama came along and made him look good in comparison.

If not for the decision to invade Iraq I would agree that Obama was worse. But that one decision has negative ramifications that this country and the world will be dealing with for decades to come.

The refusal to process a legal transaction based upon the fact that it is for a gun is discriminatory - just like refusing to bake a cake. You can't have it both ways RaTz,
We HAD freedom to decide and we blew it. The market didn't do one thing to stop Jim Crow laws that were horribly unfair. So much for trusting the market when it comes to prejudice. The gun control debate is not about prejudice. It is about a choice, pure and simple.

We HAD freedom to decide and we blew it. The market didn't do one thing to stop Jim Crow laws that were horribly unfair. So much for trusting the market when it comes to prejudice. The gun control debate is not about prejudice. It is about a choice, pure and simple.

So prejudice doesn't involve a choice?

You'll not get me to agree to that, Bootney. There are reasons for the PA laws, unfortunately.

Got it.
Since when are gun manufacturers a disadvantaged "group?"

Got it.
The moment they become singled out for discrimination. But the issue is refusing to process a legal sale to an individual, which could be a member of any group.

Got it.
The moment they become singled out for discrimination. But the issue is refusing to process a legal sale to an individual, which could be a member of any group.
So you seem to be saying, it is discrimination for a bank to choose not to give a loan to a gun manufacturer but it is NOT discrimination to refuse to rent a room to a gay guy?

Got it.
So you seem to be saying, it is discrimination for a bank to choose not to give a loan to a gun manufacturer but it is NOT discrimination to refuse to rent a room to a gay guy?

Pupps isn't sayin' that at all. Do try and keep up.

The credit is extended under the auspices of FRNs.
Yes, but that does not dictate lending practices. I am not seeing the legal nexis.

And, I am not, by ANY stretch of the imagination, and anti-gun guy. I think I have more than demonstrated that on USMB.

I am also a liberty guy. I MUST stick to my principles or everybody will have an excuse to fuck us over and dilute that liberty.

How about restraint of free trade?

Maxine Waters is dumber than a door knob.

Those ghetto assholes in LA chose a representative as stupid and hateful as they are.

A great example of dumbass Democrat leadership.

The credit is extended under the auspices of FRNs.
Yes, but that does not dictate lending practices. I am not seeing the legal nexis.

And, I am not, by ANY stretch of the imagination, and anti-gun guy. I think I have more than demonstrated that on USMB.

I am also a liberty guy. I MUST stick to my principles or everybody will have an excuse to fuck us over and dilute that liberty.

That is what you are trying to do.

Congress is filled with morons

I'm watching the bank CEOs testify before Congress.

We had one Democratic Congressperson ask the CEO of JP Morgan if they benefited from slavery.

Now we have another Republican Congressperson ask the CEO of Bank of America if they support gun rights.

These people are bankers, and these grandstanding morons in Congress are asking questions that are completely irrelevant to their businesses.
Well, they are the "representative" body.

We HAD freedom to decide and we blew it.
After Jim Crow.

Now?

C'mon. Horse shit. It's an excuse to DENY freedom.

So much for trusting the market when it comes to prejudice.
The issue is not fixing the prejudice problem. You can never do that. You wrongly assume that government should have the right to force PL laws.

The gun control debate is not about prejudice. It is about a choice, pure and simple.
It is about choice. Prejudice is about choice. You just don't like the reason for the choice.

The reason should be irrelevant, unless you are into thought control. And if you can thought-control on one thing, why not anything else?

Refusing to bake the fudgepacking cake is also a restraint on free trade, is it not?

You can justify government force all you want, but it is still action that no individual would have the right to force in a stateless form of existence. Government cannot exercise powers that individuals could not exercise absent the state.

Maxine Waters is dumber than a door knob.
What makes you say that?

She keeps getting re-elected. She still gets plenty of national air time with her anger and hatred. She still has her constituents snowed.

That's all these people want. We voters keep enabling this shit. Looks to me like she's doing great.

That's not dumb. That's a national-level politician getting exactly what she wants, free from term limits.

Refusing to bake the fudgepacking cake is also a restraint on free trade, is it not?

You can justify government force all you want, but it is still action that no individual would have the right to force in a stateless form of existence. Government cannot exercise powers that individuals could not exercise absent the state.

No, because trade requires at least two willing participants. If you're forcing one side to trade with another against their will then it's not "free" in any sense.

No, I was talking about Citigroup refusing to allow customers of lawful gun dealers to use their credit at their stores.

No, I was talking about Citigroup refusing to allow customers of lawful gun dealers to use their credit at their stores.
I will loan you $5, but you can' blow it on candy and junk food.

Am I restraining free trade?

I will loan you $5, but you can' blow it on candy and junk food.

Am I restraining free trade?

I have credit with Citigroup...They refuse to allow me to purchase a firearm and/or accessory with my good credit, which can be used to buy any other legal product.

If that's not restraint of trade, what would be?

Forum List

Back