Concealed Carry Permit Holder Saves The Day

Guns should not be banned, but they should be regulated just like cars are regulated. Local background checks have been proven to be effective at reducing violence, and they don't interfer with people's right to own guns.

And ALREADY REQUIRED you dumb ass. It is a FEDERAL Law. Even at Gun Shows people have to have the background check done to buy handguns. In this State it is accomplished by requiring everyone that wants to purchase a handgun to get a permit from the local Sheriff. Takes 5 days and satisfies the 5 day waiting period mandated by LAW. Permit is only good for 90 days. Did I mention you have to PAY for the permit? No permit no handgun sale.

I didn't make assumptions. He didn't fire fast enough; that's why he got shot. And I never said he was shooting to wound. That was brought up in the second part of my statement as a general statement; not one referring to this case. I'm not arguing the right for him to carry the gun or to use it. I'm just saying a lot of people who do carry them aren't always best prepared to use them when they need to. You on the other hand, are assuming the robber would have shot the place up which is definitely an assumption.

The bottom line fact is that we lose more Americans to accidental gunshot wounds than anywhere else in the world, and those numbers are far greater than those saved by people carrying guns. That is a simple fact that cannot be argued. But it is our right and I support that right regardless of the cost.

Just be honest enough to admit the facts. There are more than enough good reasons we have the right to own and carry guns. Saving lives is not one of them statistically.

Less than 1000 people a year die due to accidental firearms discharges. You figure the rate out. Figure 200,000,000 firearms or 300,000,000 people, either one is statistically insignificant.

Further lets assume 30000 people a year die to firearms figure that out using the above numbers and again you have a statistically insignificant number.

There is only one reasonable reason to CARRY, and that is to save others.

Let me help you out. Accidental death by firearms percentage by number of firearms is .0005%.

Death by Firearms percentage by number of Firearms is .015 percent.

If you figure those by population they get EVEN smaller.

You do not want to bring up statistics since that completely destroys any argument about the dire threat of firearms in America.

I suggest you go talk to any emergency room surgeon about the threat that guns pose to America.

1,000,000 Americans killed since 1960.

More than in all of World War II.

God knows how many injured and crippled.

Lets see, WW2 lasted 6 years and over 70 MILLION people died. But lets assume you just mean Americans. The war lasted less than 4 years and you want to compare it to almost 50 years, ya good comparison there you dumb ass.

Again statistically firearms deaths are insignificant in the US.

Guns should not be banned, but they should be regulated just like cars are regulated. Local background checks have been proven to be effective at reducing violence, and they don't interfer with people's right to own guns.

And ALREADY REQUIRED you dumb ass. It is a FEDERAL Law. Even at Gun Shows people have to have the background check done to buy handguns. In this State it is accomplished by requiring everyone that wants to purchase a handgun to get a permit from the local Sheriff. Takes 5 days and satisfies the 5 day waiting period mandated by LAW. Permit is only good for 90 days. Did I mention you have to PAY for the permit? No permit no handgun sale.

What is it about retired military people that they insult others when they themselves are wrong? No, LOCAL BACKGROUND CHECKS are not required in all states. FEDERAL BACKGROUND CHECKS are required but are not nearly as effective as local ones.

Local Background Checks, Fewer Gun Deaths

It's a dishonest statement Marauder. First off, there are many accidental gun deaths every year.
That is dishonest. A PERSON had to load the gun, correct? Therefore the gun didn't kill anyone.
Secondly, many gun deaths would not happen if guns were not permitted. If you deny this, then you are denying facts or you believe we are just much more violent than those who live in countries with gun restrictions.
Where has this worked, elsewhere in the world?

Oh and, I never made the argument that the right to keep and bear arms was to save lives.

Less than 1000 people a year die due to accidental firearms discharges. You figure the rate out. Figure 200,000,000 firearms or 300,000,000 people, either one is statistically insignificant.

Further lets assume 30000 people a year die to firearms figure that out using the above numbers and again you have a statistically insignificant number.

There is only one reasonable reason to CARRY, and that is to save others.

Let me help you out. Accidental death by firearms percentage by number of firearms is .0005%.

Death by Firearms percentage by number of Firearms is .015 percent.

If you figure those by population they get EVEN smaller.

You do not want to bring up statistics since that completely destroys any argument about the dire threat of firearms in America.

I suggest you go talk to any emergency room surgeon about the threat that guns pose to America.

Lets see, WW2 lasted 6 years and over 70 MILLION people died. But lets assume you just mean Americans. The war lasted less than 4 years and you want to compare it to almost 50 years, ya good comparison there you dumb ass.

The deaths of 1,00,000 Americans are "insignificant?"

Not to their loved ones....

What is it about retired military people that they insult others when they themselves are wrong? No, LOCAL BACKGROUND CHECKS are not required in all states. FEDERAL BACKGROUND CHECKS are required but are not nearly as effective as local ones.

Are you a RETARD? FEDERAL LAW supercedes LOCAL law. In other words you MORON, EVERY State has to conduct the background checks. No options no ignoring it. Just like it is FEDERAL Law that stipulates you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun or handgun ammunition. Enforced in EVERY STATE.

The deaths of 1,00,000 Americans are "insignificant?"

Not to their loved ones....

I was waiting for this, remind us again, HOW MANY DIED IN CAR ACCIDENTS SINCE 1960? And why aren't you up in arms about the fact that EVERY year more people die in car accidents then are killed by firearms? Are they unimportant to you? Or is it just ACCEPTABLE that thousands more die every year in car accidents cause you like to drive?

States that perform local-level background checks for firearms purchases are more effective in reducing firearm suicide and homicide rates than states that rely only on a federal-level background check, according to a new study by researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.

States that perform local-level background checks for firearms purchases are more effective in reducing firearm suicide and homicide rates than states that rely only on a federal-level background check, according to a new study by researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.

Ya cause well a background check is somehow not a background check if done anyway.

What a joke, absolutely no evidence as to cause and effect. And it still ignores the fact YOU claimed every State does not do background checks. It is a Federal law, THEY HAVE TO. Anyone with an FFL must ensure prior to selling a handgun that the purchaser has had a background check done. No matter what State they are in and irregardless if at a shop or a gunshow.

Further there are requirements to report if an individual buyer purchases more than a set number of weapons, a very small set number. The only exception being those with FFL themselves. And to avoid confusion collectors now can buy a special FFL just as a collector.

Also if you buy more than a set amount of ammo in a single month that too is required to be reported.

FFL holders have to maintain strict records of all purchases and all sales. With documentation on all sales. The claim that someone with an FFL is illegally selling weapons to Mexicans or criminals is a red herring. It is not happening.

I dont like the utilitarian argument against guns, nor for guns, but while the anti gun folks use "Ohh my GAAWD" numbers to prop up their case against guns, I am forced to reach for another hammer. This one is the one I like, right after I point out, I dont CARE what you think about guns. I dont CARE how you "Feel" about them or my God Given Right to Keep & Bear Arms which is Not Granted by the Constitution, but only ACKNOWledged. But, since they insist on drama for support of their worthless position, here, gitchya summa this..

-- There are 700,000 physicians in the United States.
-- There are 120,000 accidental deaths in the United States caused by physicians every year, and the accidental death percentage per physician is 0.171.
-- There are 80 million gun owners in the United States.
-- There are 1,500 accidental deaths from guns every year, regardless of age group, and the accidental death percentage per gun owner is 0.0000188.

This means, the letter points out, that doctors are 9,000 times more deadly than gun owners.

Now, take a seltzer & get used to it. The People have, not only a right, but a responsibility, to own weapons. Look carefully at the proven crime records. Look at New Orleans, which was a carjacking capital, until they made it legal for the people to SHOOT the punks. After a few died, screaming, thrashing & bleeding in the streets, gutshot by someone whose door was jerked open & threatened, reacted by pumping a coule of hot lumps of lead into them. It came to a HALT.
Spend a few minutes looking up another little NEVER raised on TeeVee fact. Look up how many times a year a law abiding citizen stops a crime without even firing a shot. Just by Brandishing a weapon, often the criminal will turn tail & run.

It's a dishonest statement Marauder. First off, there are many accidental gun deaths every year.
That is dishonest. A PERSON had to load the gun, correct? Therefore the gun didn't kill anyone.
Secondly, many gun deaths would not happen if guns were not permitted. If you deny this, then you are denying facts or you believe we are just much more violent than those who live in countries with gun restrictions.

Oh and, I never made the argument that the right to keep and bear arms was to save lives.

It works in my country. Now don't get bent out of shape. You asked a question. I supplied an answer. And I would make this point. In my country weapons of all type are regulated. Firearms related deaths (homicide, suicide, accidental discharge) are quite low here.

The bloke that pulled the gun is lucky he isn't on the other slab in the morgue. What got into him to pull his gun and shoot the crook is beyond me. When he recovers his permit should be pulled, he is too fucking stupid to be allowed to ccw.

It works in my country. Now don't get bent out of shape. You asked a question. I supplied an answer. And I would make this point. In my country weapons of all type are regulated. Firearms related deaths (homicide, suicide, accidental discharge) are quite low here.

What is the population of your country?
The economics?
The immigration status of citizens?
Police force?
Military?

People must get murdered in your country or no? If yes, what are the methods used?

What country do you live in again?

The citizen didn't pull his gun fast enough?
When a gun is aimed at someone they are in danger of dieing.
If it's your 16 year old daughter or son standing at the register with a gun in their face do you want me to ask them is it okay to protect them?

From Miami PD:

"A good Samaritan inside the Burger King had a concealed weapons permit. He confronted the robbery suspect at which time shots were fired," said Miami police spokesman Jeff Giordano. "There were a lot of people inside the Burger King; he may have saved lives. It was a brave act."

Man Recovers From Shootout With Burger King Robber - cbs4.com

Reports have the two of them arguing, then firing their weapons. I'd like to read some eye witness reports before passing final judgment as to if he pulled his gun and told the guy to stop or...

Regardless, this man is a hero. He DID save lives.

On a side note, I'm waiting to see if the BG's family is going to sue him. I also wonder what would happen if he didn't pull his gun and the BG killed someone inside. I dare say there would be a lawsuit against him for NOT pulling his weapon.

That is dishonest. A PERSON had to load the gun, correct? Therefore the gun didn't kill anyone.Where has this worked, elsewhere in the world?

What is the population of your country?
The economics?
The immigration status of citizens?
Police force?
Military?

People must get murdered in your country or no? If yes, what are the methods used?

What country do you live in again?

Australian Bureau of Statistics

That link will answer all your questions. This one is also useful.

Australian Institute of Criminology

Forum List

Back