Concealed Carry Permit Holder Saves The Day

The citizen didn't pull his gun fast enough?
When a gun is aimed at someone they are in danger of dieing.
If it's your 16 year old daughter or son standing at the register with a gun in their face do you want me to ask them is it okay to protect them?

The idiot pulled his gun, that was his first mistake. As soon as he did that he made everyone in the place a target.

From Miami PD:

"A good Samaritan inside the Burger King had a concealed weapons permit. He confronted the robbery suspect at which time shots were fired," said Miami police spokesman Jeff Giordano. "There were a lot of people inside the Burger King; he may have saved lives. It was a brave act."

Man Recovers From Shootout With Burger King Robber - cbs4.com

Reports have the two of them arguing, then firing their weapons. I'd like to read some eye witness reports before passing final judgment as to if he pulled his gun and told the guy to stop or...

Regardless, this man is a hero. He DID save lives.

On a side note, I'm waiting to see if the BG's family is going to sue him. I also wonder what would happen if he didn't pull his gun and the BG killed someone inside. I dare say there would be a lawsuit against him for NOT pulling his weapon.

He's an idiot, he endangered everyone in the place. I have to disagree with the view of the Miami PD.

From Miami PD:

"A good Samaritan inside the Burger King had a concealed weapons permit. He confronted the robbery suspect at which time shots were fired," said Miami police spokesman Jeff Giordano. "There were a lot of people inside the Burger King; he may have saved lives. It was a brave act."

Reports have the two of them arguing, then firing their weapons. I'd like to read some eye witness reports before passing final judgment as to if he pulled his gun and told the guy to stop or...

On a side note, I'm waiting to see if the BG's family is going to sue him. I also wonder what would happen if he didn't pull his gun and the BG killed someone inside. I dare say there would be a lawsuit against him for NOT pulling his weapon.

In my opinion, a better solution would have been to give him the money. In the end, everything worked out without large numbers of casualties. However, if the robber had "gone Oakland" many patrons would have died.

If it's your 16 year old daughter or son standing at the register with a gun in their face do you want me to ask them is it okay to protect them?

The idiot pulled his gun, that was his first mistake. As soon as he did that he made everyone in the place a target.

Wrong sparky.

The minute he walked into the restaurant, everyone in the place was a target.

Wrong sparky.

Think about it. We'll go through this slowly. First question. In entering the place what was his objective?

From Miami PD:

In my opinion, a better solution would have been to give him the money. In the end, everything worked out without large numbers of casualties. However, if the robber had "gone Oakland" many patrons would have died.

You're right but I have to go through this slowly with the others.

Wrong sparky.

Target?

I thought you said Burger King?

Wrong sparky.

Target?

I was confused by the Blue Light Special...

...IN THE COWBELL AISLE!!!!!!

More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif

It works in my country. Now don't get bent out of shape. You asked a question. I supplied an answer. And I would make this point. In my country weapons of all type are regulated. Firearms related deaths (homicide, suicide, accidental discharge) are quite low here.

What is the population of your country?
The economics?
The immigration status of citizens?
Police force?
Military?

People must get murdered in your country or no? If yes, what are the methods used?

What country do you live in again?

Australian Bureau of Statistics

That link will answer all your questions. This one is also useful.

Australian Institute of Criminology

Population late 2008 was 21,712,411

which is one reason why you cannot compare your country to ours.. Ours is over 350 million..

I suspect your immigration laws are followed too, not to mention there ain't no sneaking over borders.

This report presents findings from and an overview of key characteristics of the 18th annual collection of homicide data (2006-07), the most comprehensive collection on homicide in Australia, including details on victims, offenders, and incident circumstances. Australia wide, 260 incidents of homicide occurred in the year, taking 266 victims and involving 296 offenders. This was a decrease of 23 incidents and 45 victims from the previous year and is consistent with a significant long-range trend toward fewer incidents both per capita and absolutely since inception of the NHMP. In that period, male offender rates have fallen from a peak of 3.8 per 100,000 to 2.3 per 100,000, and female offender rates have remained relatively unchanged at around 0.5 per 100,000. The 2006-07 data also reflected the general trend toward a lower proportion of homicides using firearms (11%) and a higher proportion using knives and other sharp instruments (44%), respectively the lowest and highest proportions to date since monitoring began and in contrast to a maximum proportion by firearm of 29% in 1993 and a minimum by knife and other sharp instrument of 30% in 2000.

Last edited:
Gun accidents are solved by education ...

Criminals are braver when no one else has guns ....

Criminals will get guns no matter what and use them illegally no matter what ...

How hard is this to understand?

Criminals will get guns no matter what and use them illegally no matter what ...

This has got to be an all time record.. I agree with every single solitary word you typeth!!! :eusa_shhh: :lol:

What is the population of your country?
The economics?
The immigration status of citizens?
Police force?
Military?

People must get murdered in your country or no? If yes, what are the methods used?

What country do you live in again?

which is one reason why you cannot compare your country to ours.. Ours is over 350 million..

I suspect your immigration laws are followed too, not to mention there ain't no sneaking over borders.

This report presents findings from and an overview of key characteristics of the 18th annual collection of homicide data (2006-07), the most comprehensive collection on homicide in Australia, including details on victims, offenders, and incident circumstances. Australia wide, 260 incidents of homicide occurred in the year, taking 266 victims and involving 296 offenders. This was a decrease of 23 incidents and 45 victims from the previous year and is consistent with a significant long-range trend toward fewer incidents both per capita and absolutely since inception of the NHMP. In that period, male offender rates have fallen from a peak of 3.8 per 100,000 to 2.3 per 100,000, and female offender rates have remained relatively unchanged at around 0.5 per 100,000. The 2006-07 data also reflected the general trend toward a lower proportion of homicides using firearms (11%) and a higher proportion using knives and other sharp instruments (44%), respectively the lowest and highest proportions to date since monitoring began and in contrast to a maximum proportion by firearm of 29% in 1993 and a minimum by knife and other sharp instrument of 30% in 2000.

Go back and read my posts again. I'm not comparing the US and Australia and I have no intention of doing so. One thing, there are far too many variables.

It works in my country - that's not a comparison, that's a claim.

This has got to be an all time record.. I agree with every single solitary word you typeth!!! :eusa_shhh: :lol:

Promise I won't spoil or reputations for being at each others throats ....

... but seriously, why is it other people on the left are so damned clueless? I am so ashamed to say what side I normally support because of their lack of understanding such basic principles.

It's not. The problem is in getting people, especially politicians, to admit/understand (sometimes I think they know this but they're too gutless to admit it) that firearms control laws have very little, if anything, to do with crime control.

Wrong sparky.

Target?

I was confused by the Blue Light Special...

...IN THE COWBELL AISLE!!!!!!

More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif
More_Cowbell.gif

If several Burger King patrons simultaneously started playing their Cowbells, the armed robber would have been overcome with the sweet rhythm of Cowbell and would have been lulled into submission.

In fact, he would have become so docile, that he probably would have cancelled his order for all the money in the register and just ordered a Number 3, Supersized.

The clerk would have happily gotten the order for him, but since she too would have been overcome by Cowbell. She would have willingly given him all the money in the register, just to be neighborly.

The robber, would have then redistributed the wealth throughout the restaurant.

ALL WE NEED IS MORE COWBELL!

Go back and read my posts again. I'm not comparing the US and Australia and I have no intention of doing so. One thing, there are far too many variables.

It works in my country - that's not a comparison, that's a claim.

fair enough,,

Promise I won't spoil or reputations for being at each others throats ....

... but seriously, why is it other people on the left are so damned clueless? I am so ashamed to say what side I normally support because of their lack of understanding such basic principles.

When I was active in left wing politics (I got sick of the back-stabbing and quit the party) I had more fights (verbal discussions) with people in other factions than I did with people in the conservative party here (and I knew many in both parties, senior politicians right down to grassroots members). I don't know why that is, some sort of inter-familial (metaphorically speaking) thing I suppose. Some on the left put ideology above common bloody sense, that's the only thing I can put it down to. Same goes for the right but I'm not in there so it's not relevant for me.

Guns should not be banned, but they should be regulated just like cars are regulated. Local background checks have been proven to be effective at reducing violence, and they don't interfer with people's right to own guns.

What kind of background check was performed on you before you got your drivers license?

Guns should not be banned, but they should be regulated just like cars are regulated. Local background checks have been proven to be effective at reducing violence, and they don't interfer with people's right to own guns.

What kind of background check was performed on you before you got your drivers license?

Very thorough where I'm from!

However, I thought the rectal exam was a little over the top.

Forum List

Back