Concealed Carry Permit Holder Saves The Day

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Burp, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Burp

Burp Always carry, never tell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer and robber exchanged fire.

The robber was shot dead at the scene.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

-----

I saw Bravo! :clap2: No telling how many people were saved because of his actions.

It doesn't sound like a wild-west shootout - and I would never advocate something like that.

But it is obvious that this guy saved not only a robbery but also a possible body count.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,028
    The counter argument by the anti gun crowd being, of course, that the robber would have never shot anyone and that the law abiding citizen had no right to "execute" a man for armed robber.

3. Burp

Burp Always carry, never tell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    That's right. If guns were banned, the BG (that's Bad Guy for you anti-gun people), wouldn't have been able to pull a gun while trying to rob the place.

Makes me wonder how many other shootings could have been stopped if someone close by was armed.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779
    well all righty then, chalk one up for the good guys.

5. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Well that will certainly be the last armed robbery that guy ever trys.

And the answer to the anti gunners is how many people does the perp get to shoot before you think deadly force is called for to prevent further loss of life.

6. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. First off, the robber most likely would have walked out with $50 and no one would have been injured. Instead, we now have a dead robber (a good thing), but also a wounded idiot who could also be dead because he wasn't smart enough to shoot first or accurate enough. On top of that, had the robber killed the customer first, then he may have taken out a few more people.

So please don't use this as a good case for permitting citizens to pack a gun. I 100% support the right of Amercias to own and carry firearms, but for goodness sake, if you're going to pull one out, know how the fuck to use it.

There is one unwritten rule about handguns. If you carry one, and you decide to pull it out, it better as hell be for the purpose of killing someone, and you better be capable of doing it quickly. No hesitation, no shooting the perp in the leg to hurt him but not kill him. Bang Bang, you're dead mother fucker. End of story. If you can't do that, then don't carry a damn gun because you may end up getting a lot of other people killed due to your carelessness.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  7. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    You're missing the point. Read my comment.

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Can you imagine what would have happened to the customer if he hadn't had a concealed weapon's permit? Reminds me of this story:

Public Safety Requires Less Government

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,028
    No you prove the point. You make assumptions based on what? The civilian DID kill the robber. Ohh and no one else got hurt. He made a judgement call, one you were not there to second guess. You further have no idea how fast he used the weapon or that he ever shot to wound.

10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    If he "shot to wound" he should have his permit pulled. They teach shooting to kill in the courses required to get the permit.

He'll probably have his permit pulled anyway, and it wouldn't even surprise me if charges aren't brought, sick as it sounds.