Concealed Carry Permit Holder Saves The Day

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer and robber exchanged fire.

The robber was shot dead at the scene.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

-----

I saw Bravo! :clap2: No telling how many people were saved because of his actions.

It doesn't sound like a wild-west shootout - and I would never advocate something like that.

But it is obvious that this guy saved not only a robbery but also a possible body count.

One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

-----

I saw Bravo! :clap2: No telling how many people were saved because of his actions.

It doesn't sound like a wild-west shootout - and I would never advocate something like that.

But it is obvious that this guy saved not only a robbery but also a possible body count.

The counter argument by the anti gun crowd being, of course, that the robber would have never shot anyone and that the law abiding citizen had no right to "execute" a man for armed robber.

-----

The counter argument by the anti gun crowd being, of course, that the robber would have never shot anyone and that the law abiding citizen had no right to "execute" a man for armed robber.

That's right. If guns were banned, the BG (that's Bad Guy for you anti-gun people), wouldn't have been able to pull a gun while trying to rob the place.

Makes me wonder how many other shootings could have been stopped if someone close by was armed.

Well that will certainly be the last armed robbery that guy ever trys.

And the answer to the anti gunners is how many people does the perp get to shoot before you think deadly force is called for to prevent further loss of life.

-----

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. First off, the robber most likely would have walked out with $50 and no one would have been injured. Instead, we now have a dead robber (a good thing), but also a wounded idiot who could also be dead because he wasn't smart enough to shoot first or accurate enough. On top of that, had the robber killed the customer first, then he may have taken out a few more people.

So please don't use this as a good case for permitting citizens to pack a gun. I 100% support the right of Amercias to own and carry firearms, but for goodness sake, if you're going to pull one out, know how the fuck to use it.

There is one unwritten rule about handguns. If you carry one, and you decide to pull it out, it better as hell be for the purpose of killing someone, and you better be capable of doing it quickly. No hesitation, no shooting the perp in the leg to hurt him but not kill him. Bang Bang, you're dead mother fucker. End of story. If you can't do that, then don't carry a damn gun because you may end up getting a lot of other people killed due to your carelessness.

Last edited:

-----

You're missing the point. Read my comment.

Can you imagine what would have happened to the customer if he hadn't had a concealed weapon's permit? Reminds me of this story:

Contrast this with the 1991 mass shooting in Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas. Suzanna Gratia Hupp was in the restaurant at the time. She had a concealed-carry permit in her home state, but she wasn't carrying her handgun because at that time it was illegal to do so in Texas. So everyone in Luby's was unarmed except for the murderer, who was free to kill eight people — including Suzanna's mother and father. Four years later, Texas passed a concealed-carry law, and there have been no mass shootings since. Had the law been effect in 1991, Suzanna Gratia Hupp could have saved her parents' lives.

Public Safety Requires Less Government

-----

No you prove the point. You make assumptions based on what? The civilian DID kill the robber. Ohh and no one else got hurt. He made a judgement call, one you were not there to second guess. You further have no idea how fast he used the weapon or that he ever shot to wound.

or that he ever shot to wound.
If he "shot to wound" he should have his permit pulled. They teach shooting to kill in the courses required to get the permit.

He'll probably have his permit pulled anyway, and it wouldn't even surprise me if charges aren't brought, sick as it sounds.

We lead the developed world in gun deaths per capita.

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

I believe people should have the right to own guns, but more guns is not necessarily a good thing.

No you prove the point. You make assumptions based on what? The civilian DID kill the robber. Ohh and no one else got hurt. He made a judgement call, one you were not there to second guess. You further have no idea how fast he used the weapon or that he ever shot to wound.

I didn't make assumptions. He didn't fire fast enough; that's why he got shot. And I never said he was shooting to wound. That was brought up in the second part of my statement as a general statement; not one referring to this case. I'm not arguing the right for him to carry the gun or to use it. I'm just saying a lot of people who do carry them aren't always best prepared to use them when they need to. You on the other hand, are assuming the robber would have shot the place up which is definitely an assumption.

The bottom line fact is that we lose more Americans to accidental gunshot wounds than anywhere else in the world, and those numbers are far greater than those saved by people carrying guns. That is a simple fact that cannot be argued. But it is our right and I support that right regardless of the cost.

Just be honest enough to admit the facts. There are more than enough good reasons we have the right to own and carry guns. Saving lives is not one of them statistically.

We lead the developed world in gun deaths per capita.

I believe people should have the right to own guns, but more guns is not necessarily a good thing.

How many have died since 1960 due to Car accidents? Ohh wait I forgot, we NEED cars so those deaths are just necassary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWXVc7iMBlE]YouTube - Accidental gun shots[/ame]

And my personal favorite...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3zlll0prA]YouTube - Blondy with AK - gun accident[/ame]

No gun has ever killed anyone, anywhere in the world, ever.

PEOPLE have killed people.

It's a dishonest statement Marauder. First off, there are many accidental gun deaths every year. Secondly, many gun deaths would not happen if guns were not permitted. If you deny this, then you are denying facts or you believe we are just much more violent than those who live in countries with gun restrictions.

Again, despite these facts, I do not support any ban on guns. I just believe there are more valid arguments to our right to own and carry firearms than stating it is to save lives, because that is a farce.

Guns should not be banned, but they should be regulated just like cars are regulated. Local background checks have been proven to be effective at reducing violence, and they don't interfer with people's right to own guns.

I didn't make assumptions. He didn't fire fast enough; that's why he got shot. And I never said he was shooting to wound. That was brought up in the second part of my statement as a general statement; not one referring to this case. I'm not arguing the right for him to carry the gun or to use it. I'm just saying a lot of people who do carry them aren't always best prepared to use them when they need to. You on the other hand, are assuming the robber would have shot the place up which is definitely an assumption.

The bottom line fact is that we lose more Americans to accidental gunshot wounds than anywhere else in the world, and those numbers are far greater than those saved by people carrying guns. That is a simple fact that cannot be argued. But it is our right and I support that right regardless of the cost.

Just be honest enough to admit the facts. There are more than enough good reasons we have the right to own and carry guns. Saving lives is not one of them statistically.

Less than 1000 people a year die due to accidental firearms discharges. You figure the rate out. Figure 200,000,000 firearms or 300,000,000 people, either one is statistically insignificant.

Further lets assume 30000 people a year die to firearms figure that out using the above numbers and again you have a statistically insignificant number.

There is only one reasonable reason to CARRY, and that is to save others.

Let me help you out. Accidental death by firearms percentage by number of firearms is .0005%.

Death by Firearms percentage by number of Firearms is .015 percent.

If you figure those by population they get EVEN smaller.

You do not want to bring up statistics since that completely destroys any argument about the dire threat of firearms in America.

Less than 1000 people a year die due to accidental firearms discharges. You figure the rate out. Figure 200,000,000 firearms or 300,000,000 people, either one is statistically insignificant.

Further lets assume 30000 people a year die to firearms figure that out using the above numbers and again you have a statistically insignificant number.

There is only one reasonable reason to CARRY, and that is to save others.

Let me help you out. Accidental death by firearms percentage by number of firearms is .0005%.

Death by Firearms percentage by number of Firearms is .015 percent.

If you figure those by population they get EVEN smaller.

You do not want to bring up statistics since that completely destroys any argument about the dire threat of firearms in America.

I suggest you go talk to any emergency room surgeon about the threat that guns pose to America.

1,000,000 Americans killed since 1960.

More than in all of World War II.

God knows how many injured and crippled.

Forum List

Back