Comcastaways...WTF is Going On?

Rosie is leaving because she is getting divorced from her wife.
Jon retired.
Brian was caught lying.
Not a big deal, it just happened around the same time.
"Nothing to see here. . This 72-hour coincidence is just a coincidence."

Fair enough. But not for all's satisfaction..

Sillhy it's this guys fault!
image02211.jpg

Is it me or is the poster "TheOldSchool" especially invested in making this topic into a farce instead of a serious inquiry? Over, and over and over he posts with the same goal in mind. (While Peach plays the role of "no biggie, that's just life")?

What bothers you so much about the natural curiosity of people to know why three media-personality giants are leaving Comcast/Viacom within 72 hours of each other? Surely there must be an acceptance on your behalf that even the most skeptical person might say "wha...huh..??!" about this?

Rosie is leaving because she is getting divorced from her wife.
Jon retired.
Brian was caught lying.
Not a big deal, it just happened around the same time.
"Nothing to see here. . This 72-hour coincidence is just a coincidence."

Fair enough. But not for all's satisfaction..
coincidence
[ kōˈinsədəns, -ˌdens ]
http://www.usmessageboard.com/javascript:void(0)
NOUN
noun: coincidence · plural noun: coincidences · noun: co-incidence · plural noun: co-incidences · noun: co-incidence · plural noun: co-incidences
  1. a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection:
  2. might want to learn what a coincidence IS SILLY...

coincidence
[ kōˈinsədəns, -ˌdens ]
NOUN
noun: coincidence · plural noun: coincidences · noun: co-incidence · plural noun: co-incidences · noun: co-incidence · plural noun: co-incidences
  1. a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection:
OK, so three avid posters calling it a coincidence.

Did you see that Brian Williams showed up as a guest on the Daily Show just as Jon Stewart announced he was leaving for good this year? Also a coincidence I'm sure..

coincidence
[ kōˈinsədəns, -ˌdens ]
NOUN

Did you see that Brian Williams showed up as a guest on the Daily Show just as Jon Stewart announced he was leaving for good this year? Also a coincidence I'm sure..
still don't get it, do you ?

coincidence
[ kōˈinsədəns, -ˌdens ]
NOUN

Who cares? Comcast sucks. That's all you need to know.

I lost my internet service last night AGAIN. I swear it happens at least 2 or 3 times every week. I pay GOOD money for that service. Comcast has lied to me before about service outages, trying to say it was my issue, when my neighbors on each side of me lost their internet too. And we all got it back at the same time. LIARS. What in the hell kind of way to run a business is THAT? Then, sometimes when you have an issue and try to call them, you can't. They tell you that the call volume is too high and it will remain like that until the net comes back up. One of these days, I am going to start taking note of how often and for how long I lose my internet, and I am going to call them and demand that they take money off my bill. I NEED my high speed internet access to be reliable for my job. Those effers.

I blame Obama and The Gay Agenda™.
Specifically how? I like that you registered a trademark to the Gay Agenda...lol.. Oops...do I owe you money now? :lmao:
Well, if it isn't their doing, it must be the Muslims. O'Donnell is a woman (allegedly), and Jon Stewart is a Jew, after all.

Jon Stewart is religious? I thought he was an atheist?
he's Jewish by birth atheist by choice..

Specifically how? I like that you registered a trademark to the Gay Agenda...lol.. Oops...do I owe you money now? :lmao:
Well, if it isn't their doing, it must be the Muslims. O'Donnell is a woman (allegedly), and Jon Stewart is a Jew, after all.

Lol. Well then he isn't "Jewish" is he? If he doesn't believe in the religion of Judaism, then he isn't a Jew. Right?

Lol. Well then he isn't "Jewish" is he? If he doesn't believe in the religion of Judaism, then he isn't a Jew. Right?
false Jewish is a race and a religion.
that's like saying you're not Irish because you're not catholic...
all religion is by choice...

Are you saying that "Jewish" is a race or ethnicity?

no it's a biological fact....I gotta ask are YOU REALLY this stupid?

no it's a biological fact....I gotta ask are YOU REALLY this stupid?

Jewish is not an ethnicity. It is a set of beliefs. Who is stupid now?

Are Jews a Race?
In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.

But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.

But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to.

Common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. Many Jews worldwide share common ancestry, as shown by genetic research; however, you can be a Jew without sharing this common ancestry, for example, by converting. Thus, although I could never become black or Asian, blacks and Asians have become Jews (Sammy Davis Jr. and Connie Chung).

Is It a Culture or Ethnic Group?
Most secular American Jews think of their Jewishness as a matter of culture or ethnicity. When they think of Jewish culture, they think of the food, of the Yiddish language, of some limitedholiday observances, and of cultural values like the emphasis on education.

Those secular American Jews would probably be surprised to learn that much of what they think of as Jewish culture is really just Ashkenazic Jewish culture, the culture of Jews whose ancestors come from one part of the world. Jews have lived in many parts of the world and have developed many different traditions. As a Sephardic friend likes to remind me, Yiddish is not part of his culture, nor are bagels and lox, chopped liver, latkes, gefilte fish or matzah ball soup. His idea of Jewish cooking includes bourekas, phyllo dough pastries filled with cheese or spinach. His ancestors probably wouldn't know what to do with a dreidel.

There are certainly cultural traits and behaviors that are shared by many Jews, that make us feel more comfortable with other Jews. Jews in many parts of the world share many of those cultural aspects. However, that culture is not shared by all Jews all over the world, and people who do not share that culture are no less Jews because of it. Thus, Judaism must be something more than a culture or an ethnic group.

Shakeup at ‘The View’: Rosie O’Donnell Leaving the Show Shakeup at 8216 The View 8217 Rosie O 8217 Donnell Leaving the Show TVWeek

Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show: Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show The Verge

Brian Williams suspended for 6 months at NBC http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/b...uspended-by-nbc-news-for-six-months.html?_r=0

WTF? Is this some type of voodoo hex placed on Comcast? Or is the trifecta desertion/suspension/self-implosion arising from other natural causes?

What type of pressures are there, if any, at Comcast? One thing I noticed immediately upon Comcast buying the networks and becoming overlord to them was a certain and discernable change in the Daily Show host's demeanor...on a certain subject... He became less and less funny; more and more of a political activist. Of course that is the Swansong for a comedian's career the minute he becomes a fanatic for any political viewpoint. And of course O'Donnel is divorcing "her wife"; which may be the cause of the stress she cites for leaving the View. Brian Williams, was he too getting walking orders to embellish to boost ratings? Impossible to say.

Just my musings, but seriuosly, I'd really like to know what the hell is going on here. Surely I'm not the only person in the world wondering why this company's best and brightest are imploding for all the world to see all within what, like 72 hours of each other?

*waits for the "nothing to see here, it's all just a coincidence, you're crazy, move-along" crowd to show up and spam the thread, smoothing over the wrinkles*

Well, I think you are making something out of nothing. Do you think Jon Stewart wants to do the same thing for the REST of his life? He probably has a lot of options and offers to do other things. Maybe he's spreading his wings?

Brian Williams has absolutely nothing to do with Jon Stewart's show. Two entirely different programs. Brian Williams told fibs. I don't see how you can even relate the two things. It's silly and makes you sound rather paranoid.

There, I contributed to your thread topic. :D

Forum List

Back