colonoscopy

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
I advise you all to get them. Just had mine. Alot of people are afraid of the test but it's not bad at all and can help prevent cancer. Why it's such a bugaboo I will never understand. And eat plenty of fiber daily

I've had two of them. They found polyps both times

The procedure itself is very easy. They put you under and you wake up and it is over
The "prep" the night before is kinda unpleasant as you have to drink a quart of fluid that cleans you out

It could save your life

My older sister just had one and she said the worst part is "preparing" for it the day ahead of time....put your laptop or Kindle in the bathroom cuz she said you'll be living there!

they found 2 polyps in hers and removed them, my father had colon cancer, so I am at risk as well and am scheduled for a colonoscopy next month....my first, not looking forward to the Prep! :eek:

I had one as a check up, I chose not to go under and had a gas mask in my hand with nitrous oxide mix, which I dosed myself on
so I got to watch the entire procedure on the monitor It was Great, the preparation is the worst part, I shit you not!
I kept thinking of this film

Yep. The prep is pretty intense. The morning of the procedure, you can't have any liquids. I was worried that I'd have a massive headache from caffeine withdrawal. Nah. When it was all over I was just thirsty and grateful that all was well.

The procedure itself is very easy. They put you under and you wake up and it is over
The "prep" the night before is kinda unpleasant as you have to drink a quart of fluid that cleans you out

It could save your life
A quart??!!! You must have an unnaturally small intestinal track............ Mine was two gallons just a couple of years ago......... Yeah, the prep was brutal........

It could save your life
A quart??!!! You must have an unnaturally small intestinal track............ Mine was two gallons just a couple of years ago......... Yeah, the prep was brutal........

You are correct. It was a quart of slimy goop to be mixed with water

It could save your life

You are correct. It was a quart of slimy goop to be mixed with water
I think I got a total of 2 hours sleep that night, walked in to the office and in response to how can I help you I told them I was there for my brain scan via my anus........ The anesthesiologist almost doubled over laughing and told me; "we can do that........" :D

I commend all of you who have had them and encourage all of you who are hesitant to simply do it...you are valuable and this procedure can eliminate future problems with a snip. You wake up and then eat away....it's piece of mind on body parts you cannot see...best wishes to you all.

I advise you all to get them. Just had mine. Alot of people are afraid of the test but it's not bad at all and can help prevent cancer. Why it's such a bugaboo I will never understand. And eat plenty of fiber daily
It's not the procedure, it's the prep

I had my 6th one just last week, which was actually for an experimental procedure called fecal transplant surgery. After the procedure I couldn't go straight to the bathroom to fart to let all the air out that you get during the procedure, I had to lay in an elevated position for an HOUR to let the transplant settle. Anyone that has had a colonoscopy knows just how bad that is... and how bad all that air in your colon makes you double over in cramps until you can get all that air out. It was horrible, but at least now I am feeling better. I've also have polyps removed in two of the procedures. Luckily no cancer so far.

I had my 6th one just last week, which was actually for an experimental procedure called fecal transplant surgery. After the procedure I couldn't go straight to the bathroom to fart to let all the air out that you get during the procedure, I had to lay in an elevated position for an HOUR to let the transplant settle. Anyone that has had a colonoscopy knows just how bad that is... and how bad all that air in your colon makes you double over in cramps until you can get all that air out. It was horrible, but at least now I am feeling better. I've also have polyps removed in two of the procedures. Luckily no cancer so far.
Best part is your farts don't smell after a colonoscopy

Mine would be given by people I work with. A funny note written on my ass cheeks would be expected. lol

Last edited:
That said... getting a colonoscopy is important. It isn't something anyone should be putting off.

Forum List

Back