College playoffs. Who should it be?

Not an “excuse”.. the correct decision.
I'm glad they don't do this in the pros. Right now the Falcons are leading their division with a 500 record. This used to bother me as a kid. Why is Atlanta getting into the playoffs but a team with a much better record in another division might not.

Who did UGA play? Alabama? All these rankings are based on opinion and most of those opinions are made before any games are even played. Look at LSU. They have 3 losses, zero wins against anyone and are ranked 13. But that's one of the wins people use in support of Alabama. Same with MizzU. 2 losses, no wins against anyone and they are UGA's 'signature win" because they stay in the top 10. why?

LSU is also FSU's signature win.

Auburn isn't even in the top 25.

I am pointing out that even SEC juggernaugts have been beaten when "little schools" get a fair shot. That was a past bowl game. Tulane beat USC last year in a bowl game. There are good, well-coached little schools that can play with the "TELEVISION COMITTEE ELITE" special schools. The MAC teams or Conference USA, The conference with Memphis?

LSU is also FSU's signature win.
You know what? Fuck this. I bet you giggled your fucking ass off when your BAMA snuck in to the top 4. OMG that must have just made your weekend when Georgia lost Alabama. Did you say ahead of the game that if you won you should be top 4? Did this surprise even you?

Or do you guys feel entitled? Like, if this didn't happen this way would you have been surprised and arguing that FSU shouldn't be in the top 4?

It just seems like even when Bama loses, they win. Fuck this! LOL Bet you love it huh? GD you!

You know what? Fuck this. I bet you giggled your fucking ass off when your BAMA snuck in to the top 4. OMG that must have just made your weekend when Georgia lost Alabama. Did you say ahead of the game that if you won you should be top 4? Did this surprise even you?

Or do you guys feel entitled? Like, if this didn't happen this way would you have been surprised and arguing that FSU shouldn't be in the top 4?

It just seems like even when Bama loses, they win. Fuck this! LOL Bet you love it huh? GD you!

Wow. You might want to get some professional help.

Yes, I cheered loudly when we beat Georgia. Yes, I am happy to see my team in the top 4.

And I will love it even more if we win it all.

Wow. You might want to get some professional help.

Yes, I cheered loudly when we beat Georgia. Yes, I am happy to see my team in the top 4.

And I will love it even more if we win it all.
We've talked about this before. I mean it with love. If I hate your team, it means I respect them. FUCK BAMA!

I'm glad they don't do this in the pros. Right now the Falcons are leading their division with a 500 record. This used to bother me as a kid. Why is Atlanta getting into the playoffs but a team with a much better record in another division might not.
It would be dumb in the pros because there’s only one league with like 30 teams. As bad as a pro team can be, there is a certain standard for even the worst.

College has a unique issue where there are 133 teams, and even smaller non D1 schools, who get on the schedule. There’s no way for a standard to naturally rise like in the pros.. so they have to judge it to an extent, or nobody would volunteer to play a team above #100

As a fellow Michigan fan, I think Bama should have gotten in.

Actually on my rankings I had Washington 1 and Michigan 2.

You determine who has the hardest schedule and work back from there.
Florida state fought it's way to earning a shot in the final 4.

But at least the current system is far better than the system used for a long long time that resulted in the current system.

Florida State won every game. Can we say that about TX or Alabama?

Florida state fought it's way to earning a shot in the final 4.

But at least the current system is far better than the system used for a long long time that resulted in the current system.

Florida State won every game. Can we say that about TX or Alabama?
FSU vs Alabama.. who would you put $1000 on?

… that’s why FSU is out

FSU vs Alabama.. who would you put $1000 on?

… that’s why FSU is out
In my case, I do not gamble on any sport or team.
I am saying that both Alabama and TX should be in bowls and that the undefeated team Florida state deserves a shot at the national title.

It would be dumb in the pros because there’s only one league with like 30 teams. As bad as a pro team can be, there is a certain standard for even the worst.

College has a unique issue where there are 133 teams, and even smaller non D1 schools, who get on the schedule. There’s no way for a standard to naturally rise like in the pros.. so they have to judge it to an extent, or nobody would volunteer to play a team above #100

Which 3 NFL teams have won a division title with a losing record since the millennium?

2014 Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)​

2010 Seattle Seahawks (7-9)​

2020 Washington Commanders (7-9)​

Forum List

Back