College playoffs. Who should it be?

FSU vs Alabama.. who would you put $1000 on?

… that’s why FSU is out
That's the dumbest way of determining who's in the PO's ever. Seriously. You'll notice the NFL doesnt have these problems. Nor the NBA or MLB. Determining who gets to compete for a "national title" based on who do you think would win breeds this.

Since the main complainer is FSU, how many unranked teams did they play?
The rankings are just opinions. Opinions that are mostly forged long before a single game is played. So you're justifying one opinion with another.

1701805461151.png

That's the dumbest way of determining who's in the PO's ever. Seriously. You'll notice the NFL doesnt have these problems. Nor the NBA or MLB. Determining who gets to compete for a "national title" based on who do you think would win breeds this.

No, the NFL doesn't have to rely on opinions. Neither do the NBA or MLB. But then, the NFL has 32 teams to judge based on 17 regular season games. Both the NBA and MLB have 30 teams. Compare that to the 133 teams in NCAA Div 1 football.

The NBA plays 82 regular season games.
MLB playes 162 regular season games.
College football plays 11 before anything is decided. And then, perhaps, a conference championship game.

133 teams have to be judged based on 10 or 11 games. There is absolutely no way to "settle it on the field".

That’s because NCAA football has different dynamics than pro sports, which I explained.

Yes they won even with the 3rd string QB. So how did Georgia fare against a defeated team?
FSU barely beat a low ranked team. Georgia got beat by Bama whose only other loss this season was to the #3 longhorns.

Do you think FSU is better than Georgia Bama or UT?

FSU barely beat a low ranked team. Georgia got beat by Bama whose only other loss this season was to the #3 longhorns.

Ask them who they would put $1000 on if they had to. They know what they’d do

I would love to find out. And I lived in CA so support Stanford. I have no dog in this hunt.

FSU is a good football team that deserved to be in the playoffs

But so is Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State

Unfortunately there are only 4 playoff spots

They ought to rename the TMT to the SEC invitational since they have one slot reserved from Day1 irregardless of record, strength of schedule, ranking....all of that BS. So that leaves 3 spots. Then you have the Power 5 factor....whoo.....say it again....POWER 5 and put some stank behind it.

Last edited:
I was responding to the post about Bama playing 7 unranked teams. FSU, on the other hand, played 10 unranked teams.
There are 9 teams on Alabama's schedule who are unranked. The only 3 that are ranked are LSU, Ole Miss and UGA.

But again. Those rankings are just opinion so again.

1701807337684.png

I would love to find out. And I lived in CA so support Stanford. I have no dog in this hunt.

TX got the biggest gift as they lost to (now 2-loss) #12 OKLA. That loss was after they beat ALA early in the season. Its' a mess. The Committee has to do something? After thinking about it and reading in here FSU followed "the rules". The committee changed the rules last minute. FSU (power 5) no losses..........uh? what else could they have done?

No, the NFL doesn't have to rely on opinions. Neither do the NBA or MLB. But then, the NFL has 32 teams to judge based on 17 regular season games. Both the NBA and MLB have 30 teams. Compare that to the 133 teams in NCAA Div 1 football.

The NBA plays 82 regular season games.
MLB playes 162 regular season games.
College football plays 11 before anything is decided. And then, perhaps, a conference championship game.

133 teams have to be judged based on 10 or 11 games. There is absolutely no way to "settle it on the field".
Which is the problem. You can act like your "opinion" is more valid than someone elses but it's just an opinion. How "good" any individual team is just a bunch of fans and pundits pissing in the wind. We ultimately dont know because college football is run by teams like Alabama and OSU who dont want there to be actual competition. They like it just the way it is. Why do you think Saban argues against the 12 team PO and to keep it at 4 teams?

TX got the biggest gift as they lost to (now 2-loss) #12 OKLA. That loss was after they beat ALA early in the season. Its' a mess. The Committee has to do something? After thinking about it and reading in here FSU followed "the rules". The committee changed the rules last minute. FSU (power 5) no losses..........uh? what else could they have done?
Clearly in the future they will have more playoff games trying to fix this problem. I am from the era that did not have playoffs and simply announced the top team.

Forum List

Back