Colin Powell: OWS As American As Apple Pie

Colin Powell used to be one of my favorites. In the past yearsm he has made me wonder. Now I think he's gone of the deep end.

I've asked the question a million times. What do you commies intend to replace corporations and capitalism with? The secrets in da sauce.

Why do you conservatives make unwarranted jumps in logic? Capitalism is a fine system. But capitalism without legal accountability for illegal acts is akin to the wild west when men acted with impunity. In fact, continuing to coddle powerful corporate men and women who commit illegal acts by constantly granting them immunity when they get caught breaking the law only serves to undermine the credibility of our very system by destroying confidence in the system itself. If you don't believe me, take a look at all those Mideastern countries with people protesting in the streets. Or you could review how and why Eastern Europe protested against and ultimately overthrew communism. Their system was gamed to greatly benefit communist party members at the expense of everyone else. In THEIR system, the power of communist party members was the equivalent of the power of our richest corporations and the people who run them.

so after you've strangled them with your regulatory panels with unlimited power what will you replace them with when they leave? can you answer that question or knot?

What is it with you guys and 'regulation'? I'm talking about criminal acts. I'm talking about powerful people breaking the laws and getting away with it. If that is the ONLY way that capitalism can survive, it doesn't deserve to survive in its present form.

Either the law means something, or it doesn't. If it doesn't mean anything to both the corporations and the gov't that is supposed to enforce the laws or prosecute people when they break the laws, then you better be prepared for a day when a legal document you sign won't mean a damn thing if a powerful corporation decides to fail to live up to the agreed terms. I assure you that you can your middle class conservative friends would not be allowed to get away with it if YOU chose to fail to live up to a legal agreement. But corporations should get away with it? That's BS!

Colin Powell is not really liked by the right wing. Republicans insist their leaders lie to America and mistreat Americans. Mr. Powell refused to keep doing that after he found he had been duped. You can be a traitor to America or a traitor to the Republican Party. Powell chose country over party.
RDean,

Don't be fooled by Powell's assertion that he was "duped" into making the phony presentation which, more than any other factor, enabled Bush to obtain approval for the Iraq invasion. Colin Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs. He commanded the Desert Storm operation. He had top rung access to every available bit of intelligence on Iraq, including the findings of all inspectors. As military top dog did the question not occur to him that if Hussein had any WMDs -- why didn't he use them when we attacked him? Powell would have to be a moron to not know Iraq was utterly defenseless, and Powell is no moron.

Colin Powell betrayed the soldiers who trusted and respected him, as well as the American public who trusted and respected him. He came before us and lied to us for the reward of promotion to Secretary of State. So he, more than anyone, is directly responsible for all the death, maiming and misery that unlawful, immoral invasion has caused.

In my opinion he deserves to be hanged.
Leftist butthurt is not a capital crime.

Colin Powell is not really liked by the right wing. Republicans insist their leaders lie to America and mistreat Americans. Mr. Powell refused to keep doing that after he found he had been duped. You can be a traitor to America or a traitor to the Republican Party. Powell chose country over party.
RDean,

Don't be fooled by Powell's assertion that he was "duped" into making the phony presentation which, more than any other factor, enabled Bush to obtain approval for the Iraq invasion. Colin Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs. He commanded the Desert Storm operation. He had top rung access to every available bit of intelligence on Iraq, including the findings of all inspectors. As military top dog did the question not occur to him that if Hussein had any WMDs -- why didn't he use them when we attacked him? Powell would have to be a moron to not know Iraq was utterly defenseless, and Powell is no moron.

Colin Powell betrayed the soldiers who trusted and respected him, as well as the American public who trusted and respected him. He came before us and lied to us for the reward of promotion to Secretary of State. So he, more than anyone, is directly responsible for all the death, maiming and misery that unlawful, immoral invasion has caused.

In any event deserves scorn and laughter.

Sadly, I believe that a great many average middle-class conservatives are unfortunately duped by the wealthy interests in this country to support their interests at the expense of your own interests.
And there it is: A liberal thinks he's qualified to determine what's in my best interests, despite no knowledge of my situation or any apparent wisdom on his part.

Oddly enough, it always seems to involve keeping liberals in power.

So, to break the code, when a liberal talks about your best interests, he really means his party's best interests.

Why do you conservatives make unwarranted jumps in logic?
You mean like "I believe that a great many average middle-class conservatives are unfortunately duped by the wealthy interests in this country to support their interests at the expense of your own interests"?

Oh, wait...it wasn't a conservative who wrote that nonsense.

RDean,

In any event deserves scorn and laughter.
If they didn't operate solely on emotion, they might be useful to society.

Why do you conservatives make unwarranted jumps in logic? Capitalism is a fine system. But capitalism without legal accountability for illegal acts is akin to the wild west when men acted with impunity. In fact, continuing to coddle powerful corporate men and women who commit illegal acts by constantly granting them immunity when they get caught breaking the law only serves to undermine the credibility of our very system by destroying confidence in the system itself. If you don't believe me, take a look at all those Mideastern countries with people protesting in the streets. Or you could review how and why Eastern Europe protested against and ultimately overthrew communism. Their system was gamed to greatly benefit communist party members at the expense of everyone else. In THEIR system, the power of communist party members was the equivalent of the power of our richest corporations and the people who run them.

so after you've strangled them with your regulatory panels with unlimited power what will you replace them with when they leave? can you answer that question or knot?

What is it with you guys and 'regulation'? I'm talking about criminal acts. I'm talking about powerful people breaking the laws and getting away with it. If that is the ONLY way that capitalism can survive, it doesn't deserve to survive in its present form.

Either the law means something, or it doesn't. If it doesn't mean anything to both the corporations and the gov't that is supposed to enforce the laws or prosecute people when they break the laws, then you better be prepared for a day when a legal document you sign won't mean a damn thing if a powerful corporation decides to fail to live up to the agreed terms. I assure you that you can your middle class conservative friends would not be allowed to get away with it if YOU chose to fail to live up to a legal agreement. But corporations should get away with it? That's BS!

does the law mean something? or not? is that what you asked? Well the answer is evidently knot. You demoncraps demonize any body who wants to uphold the laws of our immigrations system. In that case you want to break the law about 20 million times. try again.

(Just like Valley Forge, New Orleans, Gettysburg, Manila Bay, Flanders Fields, Normandy, and Iwo Jima they are. Why not just throw away the American Flag and the Constitution and be done with it?)

"People monitoring the Occupy D.C. movement tell Inside the Ring that the two encampments are fast becoming health hazards. Numerous protesters also recently were sickened with unusual respiratory illnesses.

The major emerging problem for the leftists camped out in tents at McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza is rats. The rodents appear to be moving into the area by the hundreds, and their numbers are increasing daily.

The McPherson camp appears be where more radical leftists are based. An observer familiar with the McPherson camp said one distinctive smell coming from the park area is that of methamphetamine being smoked.

Among the flags being flown by some protesters are those from the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas, the Iranian-backed Hezbollah and al Qaeda."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Report: Hamas, Hezbollah And Al-Qaeda Flags Spotted Flying Inside Occupy D.C. Camp, Rats “Moving In By The Hundreds”…

he's right.

It is not a coincidence that the FIRST Amendment gives citizens the right to peaceful protest.

NOTE alos the second?

that's there, I suppose, just in case the FIRST amendment proves to be ineffective.

Powell - Good man, good soldier, *first Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff who knew who he worked for ie; the People of the United States, not the military establishment and/or goverment establishment.

*After more than 30 years of service and about 15 of having an office he was the first person whose picture I hung on my wall.

His politics? I don't know and think he may not either.

Last edited:
OWS has plenty of substance for their existence. America is among the reasons for their existence.

How many more times should Amercicans be forced to accept this crap?

1. TABOR is Coming by Grover Norquist and Koch Bros sells out state governments, public schools,SRS services etc etc to private industry = Grab Your Wallets!
Beware: TABOR Is Coming | Dollars & Sense

2. The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

3. Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

4. Bush/Cheney implied more than ONLY 3 financial institutions instead of several were at risk so why $700 billion in bail out money? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
"Good Billions After Bad" - One Year After Wall Street Bailout, Pulitzer Winners Barlett and Steele Investigate Where All the Money Went

5. Tax cuts the ENTITLEMENT program for the wealthy which do nothing to make an economy strong or produce jobs. Tax cuts are a tax increase to others in order to make up the loss in revenue = duped again.

Still A Bad Idea – Bush Tax Cuts - The ENTITLEMENT program for the wealthy at the expense of the middle class = duped one more time.
Still a Bad Idea | Dollars & Sense

Forum List

Back