Colin Powell: OWS As American As Apple Pie

• 50 percent: Rate at which veterans are more likely than other Americans to become homeless. The Obama administration has set a goal of ending veteran homelessness by 2015.
  • About 75,000: Number of veterans who are homeless on any given night, according to estimates from the Veterans Administration.
  • About 20,000: Number of veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who were homeless in the past five years according to the Veterans Administration.
  • 5.5 percent: Percentage of homeless vets who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan in the overall homeless population, according to the Veterans Administration.

Another reason is the fact that Veteran unemployment is 2% higher than the national average. (Which is why President Obama included a tax credit for companies hiring them in his jobs plan)

He's right, of course.

Both the Tea Party and OWS represent opposing political POVs, but both are good examples of Americans taking to the streets when they are finally fed up with the masters.

Demonstrations and protests and even riots are common in American political history.

Incidently?

So is calling out the troops to crush populist movements.

Even Goldwater was a flaming lib to today's conservatives.
He sure would be.
"Goddamn it, John ... the Republicans are selling their soul to win elections ... Mark my word ... if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem." -- Barry Goldwater as told to John Dean

hey Junky.....i dont want to shatter your little bubble.....but so do Democrats....

Colin Powell is a great American patriot. He has proven that his entire life. Why would anyone bash such a great American?

I guess your dumb ass doesn't remember how the left bashed Senator McCain?

freak

John McCain isn't qualified to wipe Colin Powell's ass!

your not qualified to wipe either one of their asses.....so what the fuck is your point?.....you are Qualified to wipe Deans though.....

hanoi_hilton_songbird.jpg

McCain graduated at the bottom of his class (894th out of 899), crashed FIVE Navy jets, and has been living off the government tit his entire life. He's a joke.

coming from you thats funny......:lol:

The Occupy Wall Street demonstrations are "as American as apple pie," former Secretary of State Colin Powell said during a recent interview with CNN's Piers Morgan. According to Powell, there is plenty of justification for the movement's outrage, but also some reason for concern over its direction.

Powell began by recalling his upbringing in Harlem and the Bronx at a time when his parents didn't make much, but were at least able to find stable employment.

"I don't think either of them ever made more than 50 or 60 dollars a week," Powell said. "Both my parents worked for as long as I can remember, they always worked, they always had work."

But this sort of job stability is no longer present, the retired four-star Army general said, a fact that is now serving as a catalyzing force for the Occupy movement.

More: Colin Powell: Occupy Wall Street Demonstrations Are 'As American As Apple Pie'

Colin Powell sold out America when he lied to us all about Iraq. Prison is where he belongs.

thats a pretty long line he will be in.....

• 50 percent: Rate at which veterans are more likely than other Americans to become homeless. The Obama administration has set a goal of ending veteran homelessness by 2015.
  • About 75,000: Number of veterans who are homeless on any given night, according to estimates from the Veterans Administration.
  • About 20,000: Number of veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who were homeless in the past five years according to the Veterans Administration.
  • 5.5 percent: Percentage of homeless vets who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan in the overall homeless population, according to the Veterans Administration.

Another reason is the fact that Veteran unemployment is 2% higher than the national average. (Which is why President Obama included a tax credit for companies hiring them in his jobs plan)

how many times have we heard Presidents talk like this before?....when it happens i will believe it........

Not everyone. I will always be fond of President and First Lady George W. Bush. In real life, they're some of the classiest people on earth.

Here in make-believe cyberland, spinners have hold over only the naive who think their calumnies are correct when they are diametrical opposites.

I greatly miss them.

I miss President Clinton and those wonderful years of Camelot - peace and prosperity.

try Kennedy ignoramous. that was Camelot.. boy are you misguided.

The Occupy Wall Street demonstrations are "as American as apple pie," former Secretary of State Colin Powell said during a recent interview with CNN's Piers Morgan. According to Powell, there is plenty of justification for the movement's outrage, but also some reason for concern over its direction.

Powell began by recalling his upbringing in Harlem and the Bronx at a time when his parents didn't make much, but were at least able to find stable employment.

"I don't think either of them ever made more than 50 or 60 dollars a week," Powell said. "Both my parents worked for as long as I can remember, they always worked, they always had work."

But this sort of job stability is no longer present, the retired four-star Army general said, a fact that is now serving as a catalyzing force for the Occupy movement.

More: Colin Powell: Occupy Wall Street Demonstrations Are 'As American As Apple Pie'
The demonstrations are.

The demonstrators aren't.

Colin Powell is not really liked by the right wing. Republicans insist their leaders lie to America and mistreat Americans. Mr. Powell refused to keep doing that after he found he had been duped. You can be a traitor to America or a traitor to the Republican Party. Powell chose country over party.
That's not so. Colin Powell is a respected member of the American Society and has a special place in history with his having a great military mind, and a Republican statesman. I like Colin Powell because he's a credit to his country.

Dusting hands. Another rdean myth shattered. :lmao:
Reality kicks rderp's ass on a regular basis. :lol:

Who is Opposed to them exactly?

Was Opposition to the Tea Party Rally's proof someone leaned toward the Authoritarian? lol

OWS has every right to Protest and Demonstrate, and I support that right. However don't cry to me when the Authorities Push you out. What the hell do you expect them to do? OWS is not just Protesting and Demonstrating. The Are Occupying Public Areas, Setting up tent cities, and have in some cases Destroyed and Defaced Public Property.

There has been at least 1 Rape, and 1 Death we know of at one site. The Police are not able to do their jobs of providing for Public Safety in the Public Places being occupied. Business Owners and their Employees Lively Hoods are being hurt by the Disrupted. Citizens are being denied their Right to enjoy The occupied Public Places.

I mean really do you expect the Cops to just Tolerate this situation for ever? If OWS is really serious about this, then it is time to step up and create something like the Tea Party. A real Political Force, and effect some change the right way.

Forum List

Back