Colin Powell has endorsed Obama for President

You know normally I'd agree with you on this point, BAC.

But Collin Powell was so contrite and so candid about how betrayed he'd been; his condemnations of the current administration and his role in it, too, were so damning, when he could have simply kept quiet, that I'm inclined to think him a man driven by an high ethical code.

When I tally up all the anti-war Dems who voted to go to war, I find few of them who didn't try to absolve themsevles completely of their responsibility for it.

Collins calls his moment when he testified before the UN on behalf of going to war, the lowpoint of his career, and one for which he can never excuse himself.

Please show me ANY DEMOCRAP who voted for the war, who has accepted that level of personal guilt for their part in the war.

There are none that I know of.

They ALL absolve themselves of their part by saying they were lied to.

Collin Powell strikes me as a true man of honor.

There are damned few people in the public arena that I can say that about.

Collin Powell is one of those Republicans that I often allude to as being truly patriotic and thoughly decent people.

Sadly, few such Republicans (or Dems for that matter) ever seem to attain any power in this painfully corrupted society we live in.

Please read the links on Powell I've already posted .. then come back and explain your "man of honor" .. who sat back and watched innocent people die when HE KNEW they were dying for a lie. Please explain how you get "honor" out of that my brother?

I hate McCain you idiot. and no--- I would be saying the exact same thing.
Anyone who endorses someone else opens themself up to valid criticism.

So who would you be voting for this election season Dillo? You could hate McCain but still be voting for him. Hell, until Sawwah came along that's how half his supporters felt.

Well DOH-----if someone is gonig to use their characture as a reason to vote for someone I think they have pretty much opened the door for valid criticism.
I guess so but Powell made his decision not based on party and he is good friends with McCain, he went with the better candidates in his mind. The guys has made mistakes but maybe he learned what it is like to endorse the wrong person!

Don't bet on that based on what you see from some of our "elected" officials. You might be suprised.

I base it on my life experience and history my brother

It's the very reason I do not call myself a liberal .. many of whom were so terrified of republican attacks on "liberals" they started calling themselves "progressives"

This very issue is indicative of liberal weakness

So who would you be voting for this election season Dillo? You could hate McCain but still be voting for him. Hell, until Sawwah came along that's how half his supporters felt.

Wrong--again. I'm going to be honest this election. I will vote for who I think will be the best president--not who the democrats and republicans say will be the best president. Why does the concept of non-partisan confuse the hell out of you ?

I hate McCain you idiot. and no--- I would be saying the exact same thing.
Anyone who endorses someone else opens themself up to valid criticism.

And invalid criticism too. The fact you assume he's doing it because of race is insane!

He's a true conservative. What does that tell me? That says he woke up and realizes that the gop aren't conservative. They are corrupt to the core.

And, this endorsement totally says the lie about obama being an extreme left liberal is BULLSHIT! Do you honestly think a conservative like powell would endorse a far left liberal? Just because he's half black? Is that true about condy too? What happened to you guys who said you would vote for powell? If you changed your mind over this endorsement then maybe your judgement is in question? Or maybe powell is right and you are wrong.

It's the very reason I do not call myself a liberal .. many of whom were so terrified of republican attacks on "liberals" they started calling themselves "progressives"

What is it that makes you call liberals "weak", whats your basis for that opinion?

And invalid criticism too. The fact you assume he's doing it because of race is insane!

He's a true conservative. What does that tell me? That says he woke up and realizes that the gop aren't conservative. They are corrupt to the core.

And, this endorsement totally says the lie about obama being an extreme left liberal is BULLSHIT! Do you honestly think a conservative like powell would endorse a far left liberal? Just because he's half black? Is that true about condy too? What happened to you guys who said you would vote for powell? If you changed your mind over this endorsement then maybe your judgement is in question? Or maybe powell is right and you are wrong.

I never said he endorsed Obama because of his race. Please learn to read Bobo.

black as coal, first I'd be a sister not a brother since I'm female :D

A thousand pardons my sister.

I said you were insane for saying that Powell should be taken before a firing squad. Talk about militant and dangerous.

Militant is not dangerous my sister .. rights are ONLY determined by what you can demand.

And I know for fact there are families of dead US soldiers killed in Iraq who feel the exact same way I do about Powell .. fortunately for me, my daughter is still alive

I believe Powell should be held accountable for his actions IF he knew that the intelligence was faulty, however, I don't believe he knew. I believe he was manipulated by the Bush Administration to push their agenda for war. He was their fall guy so to speak.

SO .. let me get this right .. his own words weren't convincing enough for you?

He was the fucking SOS and HE KNEW the evidence he was presenting to the UN was doctored and his own State Department didn't agree with it.

learn to read you dumbfuck. I was talking to sealybobo not YOU. you are a reactionary fucktard who wants to argue and you'll argue with anyone, regardless of whether it's warranted or not.

Good luck with that. :eusa_silenced:

Dumbfuck?

Pardon me ma'am, but you posted what you were supposedly posting to someone else right in the middle of what you posted to me without ever mentioning someone else's name.

If I post to you I make so it's clear that it is you I am talking to and don't stick comments to someone else in that post.

However, I apologize

Wrong--again. I'm going to be honest this election. I will vote for who I think will be the best president--not who the democrats and republicans say will be the best president. Why does the concept of non-partisan confuse the hell out of you ?

Because I haven't nearly seen you go after McCain as you have Obama?

So therefore if your voting "non-partisan" then you sure aren't acting it here.

Trump just gave bush a B and Paulson an A grade. lol.

Anyways, the gop were successful in making liberal a dirty word. I still call myself a liberal, but a lot of good people I know who don't follow politics enough to know they've been brainwashed tend to call themselves conservatives.

Even though on every issue they tend to agree with the democrats. It drives me crazy! Pro choice? Yes, but because they wouldn't get an abortion they think they are pro life. But they admit they don't want to reverse roe v wade, but can't understand that makes them pro choice.

Just one example of ppl not knowing the issues enough to make an educated vote.

And ppl will actually vote against their own tax bracket because they dream one day they will all make $250k and they don't want to pay more taxes IF they ever make it there. And the vast majority of them never will. And that's a fact. If they do, then $250k won't be that much money, and that's where we are headed with gop inflation.

I have to agree, Dillo you love Sarah palin and you will vote for Mccain, its obvious, I have never heard you post one decent thing about Obama.

You're so partisan you wouldn't have a clue what I think. I've made several postings for over a year now where I have consistently criticized McCain. Missed em all did ya ? Bobo just falsely accused me of claiming Powell endorsed Obama because of his race. This is exactly what happens when you put on partisan blinders. You miss the truth. You only see what you want to see.

What is it that makes you call liberals "weak", whats your basis for that opinion?

You mean besides the issue we're talking about?

.. or besides the fact that republicans AND democrats run all over them

.. or the fact that the Democratic Party uses them, takes them for granted, then discards them whenever they choose

.. or could it be because they don't have the courage of their convictions? .. How is it that "liberals" come to support illegal wiretapping and war without a peep in defiance?

Liberals like Pelosi and Reid .. are too timid to pursue impeachment of Bush or a REAL investigation of 9/11

Please demonstrate any liberal outrage in the last 40 years.

I've had this argument with other republicans who can't admit what they are. Fuck em. Its a smart tactic. Makes some people think they are unbias.

They aren't any smarter or less racist/greedy than the ppl voting for mccain.

Dillidick just doesn't get it. He just can't defend his party so he bashes the democrats instead.

Hey dillidick, maybe since you never had an all democratic government in your lifetime, maybe you should give it a try. The 80's were a long time ago. I hope you hold just as long of a grudge against the gop, however I believe you will vote for romney in 2012. Al will be forgiven with you and your party by then i'm sure.

Forum List

Back