Colin Powell has endorsed Obama for President

That kind of ideological confusion certainly explains all the problems in the republican party. But that's ok Silence. I'm a liberal and I accept you anyway...

Thanks Peter... I appreciate it :D

There will some honest Republicans (not those who worship at the altar of the Bush NeoCon Idol) who will now vote for Obama. The real republican party has been hi-jacked by the extreme right and doesn't reflect what their party once stood for.

This is a big endorsement no matter what the right says.

When the real conservative pundits and now Powell won't back up McCain and his Sarah Doll, that is telling evidence.

Now if we can sweep this election in the Whitehouse, Congress and Senate and then have Dems who don't act like Repubs, we might be able to get back on America's real course.etc.:eusa_pray:

Are you saying america needs real republicans for democrats to sweep the government, but that once in control they should not act like republicans? <scratch head>

Last edited:
are you actually claiming I'm a right winger? seriously? you might want to look around here before you assume you know someone's political views. I'm for abortion, for gun control, and various other "left wing" ideas.

I've never voted for a Republican president so please explain to me how I'm a right winger Black? :cuckoo:

I never claimed you were a right-winger my brother. I've read your posts.

What I said was that you used the tactics of a right-winger in just screaming "I'm insane" rather than debating your point .. which I know you are fully capable of.

and yes, I was against the Iraq war. I'm generally speaking, against ALL war since I'd consider myself to be a pacifist.

My point exactly .. how do you reconcile being against the war .. even being a pacifist .. yet being so in love with the very asshole who went before the UN with false evidence HE KNEW WAS FALSE .. and would result in terrible death and destruction?

Colin Powell is a man of deep integrity IMO and high intelligence. He, I think, believed in the intelligence he presented for the case for war. I don't think he was in on the lies and manipulations, but rather was lied to and manipulated by the Bush administration and used to make the case BECAUSE of the respect the American people had for him.

He took the hit for the Bush administration and I think that was their plan all along.

Then you neither know Colon Powell or are you aware of his involvement in the deception.

Now He Tells Us
Now Powell Tells Us

A man of integrity????

Colin Powell: don't ask about my lai, don't tell about iran-contra
disinformation | colin powell: don't ask about my lai, don't tell about iran-contra

Powell's rapid rise up the ranks came because he proved that he has no integrity, backbone, or principles, and he would do anything he's told to do.

Powell has an 80% favorable rating with Americans according to Gallup. To insinuate that his endorsement is somehow lessened because he's black is just idiotic but not unexpected from you sealy. You make some of the most outlandish remarks and you actually, at times, make me ashamed that we are on the same side.

You should be ashamed that you once again, appear to be a closet right-winger because you love their tactics ..

POST WHERE I SUPPOSEDLY SAID THAT POWELL'S ENDORSEMENT IS LESSENED BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

If you can't post it, then you're a liar .. and make no mistake about it .. you and I ARE NOT on the same side.

I don't absolve Powell of anything. He fucked up. But like I said I believe he was used by the Bush Administration.

YES, the fuck you did absolve Powell of everything .. even though his putrid ass was front and center to the invasion of Iraq.

What forever amazes me is the number of people who call themselves "antiwar" and shout and scream at Bush .. but absolve Powell of his complicity in the worst military and political disaster in American history.

They call that bullshit .. progressive.

go figure

Its the Nuremburg Principle.

Powell wasn't an architect of this war, there's no evidence that he was involved in cooking up bogus intelligence, and behind the scenes all evidence points to the fact that Powell was trying to talk bush out of invading.

Yes, he's guilty of complicity and weakness. He's an asshole on a whole front of issues.

But the people that should be rotting in prison in the Hague are the architects, Cheney, Bush, Wolfowitz, Hadley, and the NeoCons who proactively engaged in deception and lies.

Silence is a Liberal by the way.

black as coal, first I'd be a sister not a brother since I'm female :D

I said you were insane for saying that Powell should be taken before a firing squad. Talk about militant and dangerous.

I believe Powell should be held accountable for his actions IF he knew that the intelligence was faulty, however, I don't believe he knew. I believe he was manipulated by the Bush Administration to push their agenda for war. He was their fall guy so to speak.

You should be ashamed that you once again, appear to be a closet right-winger because you love their tactics ..

POST WHERE I SUPPOSEDLY SAID THAT POWELL'S ENDORSEMENT IS LESSENED BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

learn to read you dumbfuck. I was talking to sealybobo not YOU. you are a reactionary fucktard who wants to argue and you'll argue with anyone, regardless of whether it's warranted or not.

Good luck with that. :eusa_silenced:

Poor, poor Colin, being misled once again:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IYBA9JD5oW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IYBA9JD5oW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

it's just my opinion Black... you don't have to agree with it.

Powell had shown himself, prior to the Iraq war, to be a man of deep integrity. He resigned from the Bush Administration when it was revealed that the intelligence was faulty. I believe he did that because he felt they had used him.

I'm not privy to inside information so I am not stating this as fact, just speculation based on years of following this man and his actions.

According to MSNBC, this morning on Meet the Press Gen Colin Powell will endorse Barack Obama for President of the United States!

That is incredible and will certainly silence (no pun) a lot of the "he's too risky" bullshit coming from McCain & Co.

I was hoping for this since Colin Powell is probably the ONLY Republican I'd ever vote for!

:clap2::clap2:

I saw this morning myself and was very glad to hear so.

Another huge endorsement for Obama.

Powell should be led before a firing squad and shot to death for his role in getting tens of thousands of US soldiers killed, maimed, and critically wounded with false "evidence" he KNEW was false.

SO, the Powell fraud endorses the Obama fraud .. big deal .. America still loses

Uh, tens of thousands of US soldiers have been killed in Iraq?

This is news to me.

Wounded and maimed perhaps but killed? :cuckoo:

it's just my opinion Black... you don't have to agree with it.

Powell had shown himself, prior to the Iraq war, to be a man of deep integrity. He resigned from the Bush Administration when it was revealed that the intelligence was faulty. I believe he did that because he felt they had used him.

I'm not privy to inside information so I am not stating this as fact, just speculation based on years of following this man and his actions.

I agree with you.

Let's point out the CIA Director, George Tenet, was a Clinton appointee and said the WMD intelligence was a "slam dunk".

So how come Powell gets a pass for being duped by Tenet but Bush does not? :cuckoo:

I agree with you.

Let's point out the CIA Director, George Tenet, was a Clinton appointee and said the WMD intelligence was a "slam dunk".

So how come Powell gets a pass for being duped by Tenet but Bush does not? :cuckoo:

Republican Tactics 101: Someone makes a endorsement towards the opponent, even if they are the same side as you; destroy their character.

That kind of ideological confusion certainly explains all the problems in the republican party. But that's ok Silence. I'm a liberal and I accept you anyway...

You aren't getting it. She is a liberal democrat. That's what she's trying to tell you idiots.

Republican Tactics 101: Someone makes a endorsement towards the opponent, even if they are the same side as you; destroy their character.

Well DOH-----if someone is gonig to use their characture as a reason to vote for someone I think they have pretty much opened the door for valid criticism.

Its the Nuremburg Principle.

Powell wasn't an architect of this war, there's no evidence that he was involved in cooking up bogus intelligence, and behind the scenes all evidence points to the fact that Powell was trying to talk bush out of invading.

Yes, he's guilty of complicity and weakness. He's an asshole on a whole front of issues.

But the people that should be rotting in prison in the Hague are the architects, Cheney, Bush, Wolfowitz, Hadley, and the NeoCons who proactively engaged in deception and lies.

Silence is a Liberal by the way.

Powell didn't invent the war, but he knew it was based on lies and deceptions .. AND, he was silent .. and he's not a liberal .. which kinda' blows your theory.

Liberals are however, weak as mud.

Are you impaired in some way? :cuckoo: I agreed with the poster regarding Powell's integrity, etc. I simply pointed out that Powell is given a pass on accepting faulty intelligence from Clinton appointee Tenet but Bush is not.

Well DOH-----if someone is gonig to use their characture as a reason to vote for someone I think they have pretty much opened the door for valid criticism.

Do you notice the amount of hypocrisy in that post?

If he endorsed John McCain, you'd be talking about how great Colin Powell is and what a great decision he made.

Are you impaired in some way? :cuckoo: I agreed with the poster regarding Powell's integrity, etc. I simply pointed out that Powell is given a pass on accepting faulty intelligence from Clinton appointee Tenet but Bush is not.

Didn't mean to quote you, that was in response to some of Dillo's comments in a locked thread.

Do you notice the amount of hypocrisy in that post?

If he endorsed John McCain, you'd be talking about how great Colin Powell is and what a great decision he made.

I hate McCain you idiot. and no--- I would be saying the exact same thing.
Anyone who endorses someone else opens themself up to valid criticism.

Forum List

Back