Colin Powell has endorsed Obama for President

I've had this argument with other republicans who can't admit what they are. Fuck em. Its a smart tactic. Makes some people think they are unbias.

They aren't any smarter or less racist/greedy than the ppl voting for mccain.

Dillidick just doesn't get it. He just can't defend his party so he bashes the democrats instead.

Hey dillidick, maybe since you never had an all democratic government in your lifetime, maybe you should give it a try. The 80's were a long time ago. I hope you hold just as long of a grudge against the gop, however I believe you will vote for romney in 2012. Al will be forgiven with you and your party by then i'm sure.

Well you just stick with you mission, Bobo and if you can't use what they actually say to refute them, just make up lies. Hyper-partisans always have a hard time believing that there is someone who isn't one.

You're so partisan you wouldn't have a clue what I think. I've made several postings for over a year now where I have consistently criticized McCain. Missed em all did ya ? Bobo just falsely accused me of claiming Powell endorsed Obama because of his race. This is exactly what happens when you put on partisan blinders. You miss the truth. You only see what you want to see.

I may be a Liberal but I guess I missed you my post last night about how I would vote for a republican locally if I could.

You've made several postings over a entire year criticizing McCain? Several over a whole year? Whoa nelly, slow down there. And how many for Palin?

Whenever Joe Biden makes a gaffe, you're right there. Whenever Obama makes one, you're right there.

Where have you specifically "criticized McCain"? I'm willing to bet if we lined up the number of times you attacked Obama to McCain it'd look ugly.

Who's the last Democrat you voted for president?

Did you catch what he said? He's going to be honest THIS election. As opposed to?

Mccain only up 1 percent in missouri!

ps. Does anyone think powell would endorse a guy who's "palin" around with terrorists? Seriously?

I may be a Liberal but I guess I missed you my post last night about how I would vote for a republican locally if I could.

You've made several postings over a entire year criticizing McCain? Several over a whole year? Whoa nelly, slow down there. And how many for Palin?

Whenever Joe Biden makes a gaffe, you're right there. Whenever Obama makes one, you're right there.

Where have you specifically "criticized McCain"? I'm willing to bet if we lined up the number of times you attacked Obama to McCain it'd look ugly.

How many times is McCain praised here as the answer to everything ? Rarely.
There's no need to confront partisans for McCain. There're aren't any. I think actually I have urged more people to vote for Joe the plumber than anyone.

Well you just stick with you mission, Bobo and if you can't use what they actually say to refute them, just make up lies. Hyper-partisans always have a hard time believing that there is someone who isn't one.

Who are you voting for and why don't you sell us on him? Doesn't sound like your mistery man has a chance. Nor does it sound like you are proud of him. I guess I should take off my blinders and cut out my tongue like you. You realize you haven't talked about your candidate once, as far as I remember.

And why do you think Powell endorsed Obama, if not race. Sorry I assumed. Please correct me.

no, dilloduck wouldn't.

We're past that now Caligirl.

Though Dillo has avoided answering the question when's the last time a vote for Democrat for President was cast by Dillo.

From what I've seen since September, I figured Dillo was a Republican since I rarely saw a bad word for McCain and the rest for Obama.

Not my fault if one acts partsian, somewhat new people will think so. :eusa_whistle:

Please read the links on Powell I've already posted .. then come back and explain your "man of honor" .. who sat back and watched innocent people die when HE KNEW they were dying for a lie. Please explain how you get "honor" out of that my brother?

I know even honorable men can have terrible judgement. Power makes equivicating pragmatists of us all.

And the more powerful those men are granted, the more horrible those equivicating crimes will be, too

As it regards Iraq, Powell acknowledged his mistakes and assumed responsibility for them.

I don't think this man shits marble, BAC, I am just not convinced his feet are cloven hooves, either.

In this corrupted society, that makes him almost saintly in comparison to the insiders we typically talk about.

He removed himself from that powerful insider position (I think) when it became evident for him that to continue as an insider in that Bush Administration that would have required of him that he sink even lower than he'd already done.

Perhaps it has never happened to you that you are seduced into becoming part of something evil.

I have.

Perhaps that is why I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. One of my flaws is forgiving people for their sins, perhaps too easily.

But I know that when you recognize where your associations are leading you into something that is evil, the only honorable thing you can do is remove yourself from it, and acknowlege your role in whatever evil it has done.

Powell seems to have done that.

How many others of the Bush cabal can say the same?

As to Mai Lia? He was a Major. He found what he was ordered to find.

I wasn't aware of his role in Iran Contra, though. I actually once spend a fair amount of time studying that emboglio, but don't recall him as a central player in it.

So You'll excuse me if I reserve the right to hold off on accepting as gospel the charges found in a website entitled DISINFORMATION, won't you?

Guilt is all about DETAILS so I'd need to read a lot more about that before I fault the man in uniform for following orders.

As to Powell's son and the obvious nepotism that put Collin's his son in the FCC to grant corporate media power still more monopoly over our media?

Yes, truly evil, I quite agree.

No evil he's ever acknowledged, either. I am still waiting for that confession, to be honest, but don't expect it....ever.

Our government, and our corporations (public, private profit and non profit alike) are so rife with nepotism like that it bearly even registers as something fundamentally wrong with this society.

Most people don't think nepotism is wrong. We talk about this society being a meritocracy but only fools think it really is.

So people like you and I are SO in the minority on that point, that it's not a battle even worth fighting, Bro.

Save you ammunition for those battles where, if you can out the truth, the average person can understand your point.

Last edited:
I've had this argument with other republicans who can't admit what they are. Fuck em. Its a smart tactic. Makes some people think they are unbias.

They aren't any smarter or less racist/greedy than the ppl voting for mccain.

Dillidick just doesn't get it. He just can't defend his party so he bashes the democrats instead.

Hey dillidick, maybe since you never had an all democratic government in your lifetime, maybe you should give it a try. The 80's were a long time ago. I hope you hold just as long of a grudge against the gop, however I believe you will vote for romney in 2012. Al will be forgiven with you and your party by then i'm sure.

This is so blatantly stupid.

Who are you voting for and why don't you sell us on him? Doesn't sound like your mistery man has a chance. Nor does it sound like you are proud of him. I guess I should take off my blinders and cut out my tongue like you. You realize you haven't talked about your candidate once, as far as I remember.

And why do you think Powell endorsed Obama, if not race. Sorry I assumed. Please correct me.

Are you kidding ? I dont come here to campaign because it's futile. No one here is going to change their mind one iota. I prefer to discuss our political system is general and how it currently works against us.
I made a joke that Powell endorsed Obama because his wife told him to. In all seriousnes I have no clue why he really did it. I would have to ask him.

You mean besides the issue we're talking about?

.. or besides the fact that republicans AND democrats run all over them

.. or the fact that the Democratic Party uses them, takes them for granted, then discards them whenever they choose

.. or could it be because they don't have the courage of their convictions? .. How is it that "liberals" come to support illegal wiretapping and war without a peep in defiance?

Liberals like Pelosi and Reid .. are too timid to pursue impeachment of Bush or a REAL investigation of 9/11

Please demonstrate any liberal outrage in the last 40 years.

Hey black, you are right about dems being weak, but why? Ever listen to bill maher? He said its a shame democrats only win when the country is going through a catastrophy. I blame the voters. They are so easily fooled into thinking the dems are weak on terror or tax and spenders. Just look how bush and the all gop got hit on 9 11 and bin ladin is still free and plotting against us. Look at how the gop doubled the debt. If taxes are raised, who is to blame?

Maher said obama is the jackie robinson of politics. He has had to be perfect! And still the race is close? He said, imagine if obama was ever late to a debate. They'd accuse him of being on colored people time. lol.

Though Dillo has avoided answering the question when's the last time a vote for Democrat for President was cast by Dillo.

I sure as hell don't discuss my voting record either, and I don't support FISA - and both for the same reason - it is none of your business.

Forum List

Back