Colin Powell: GOP Holds 'Dark Vein Of Intolerance'

Considering Republicans turn on any of their own that shows a hint of intelligence or individuality, who exactly are these brain dead fucks going to have left in 2016?

How did the Democrats treat Joe Lieberman when he didn't follow the party line? Oh yeah they basically kicked him out of the party and he became a independent and hey you guy's treated Artur Davis so respectfully he switched parties. I would suggest you brain dead fucks start taking a closer look at your party and ask who will you have in 2016 because the pickings are pretty slim.

Joe Lieberman left. He ran as a Democrat and lost...that's when he switched. Same thing for Davis. They did it themselves because they LOST.

yeah right, you people turned on Lieberman like rabid dogs, that's why he left

Everywhere you turn these days you see people talking about what is wrong with the GOP and how they keep losing national elections.

But when someone actually tries to point out some of the problems, you throw out words like RINO and even traitor.

Brilliant!

Powell talks about minorities

Recent poll:
Christie approval rating among african americans: 50% (the highest for any Republican)
African americans willing to vote for Christie: 19%

Unless the GOP openly becomes a pro-Welfare progressive party, minorities will never vote Republican

so you take it minoroty Americans only for for wealfare?

You are not helping.

The American people are kind people and dont like trashing poor people and allowing them to just starve and freeze.

The right doesnt like helping people because when they imagine POOR people they imagine them as all latino or black or off the boat asian.

Guess who taught them to see it that way?

their racist party did that to get them to vote for rich peoples benifit and to shrink their very hearts into believing if you neightbor needs help you should tell them to fuck off and disapear.

Everywhere you turn these days you see people talking about what is wrong with the GOP and how they keep losing national elections.

But when someone actually tries to point out some of the problems, you throw out words like RINO and even traitor.

Brilliant!

Well gee, maybe the people who Republicans don't see ALL these made up problems and false accustions of RACIST with the Gop..

maybe you people who are Democrats should clean up and worry about your own party first

The Democrats aren't the ones with a problem. They got 94% of the black vote, 71% of the Hispanic vote and 75% of the Asian vote. Whether its far or not, they are winning the loyalty of these groups.

Now, I'll concede. I don't think most Republicans are racists. But they seem happy to appeal to racist sentiments. Sometimes it's just insensitivity, and sometimes it political calculation, but they need to get smarter.

Do you remember?

1717-colin-powell-un-vial-020503.jpg

images

i remember. colin powell does, too.

it is painful to him.

it is a blot on his record.

shameless retards, on the other hand, still spout that WMD were found in iraq, thereby justifying the invasion.

Brilliant!

Welcome to my world.

I outlined 8 steps that the GOP could take to rehabilitate their brand. Every last one was met with hostility here, even simple ones like "Don't rerun guys who lost in the past" and "The Electoral college is not the GOP's friend".

I know, I've seen it and I'm sorry, but you have to remember that the folks that post here are not representative of the rest of the country and there are people out there that are listening and reading that don't actually post. Keep being sane, keep being reasonable and sane and reasonable people will listen.

I remember seeing Chris Cristy tour the disastor.

There was this look in his eyes.

I knew that look and I knew the current republican party would never run him.

It was the look of true compassion.

The current republican party cant have that.

That is why all the tea party people voted against sending aid to him and his people.

Brilliant!

Welcome to my world.

I outlined 8 steps that the GOP could take to rehabilitate their brand. Every last one was met with hostility here, even simple ones like "Don't rerun guys who lost in the past" and "The Electoral college is not the GOP's friend".

I know, I've seen it and I'm sorry, but you have to remember that the folks that post here are not representative of the rest of the country and there are people out there that are listening and reading that don't actually post. Keep being sane, keep being reasonable and sane and reasonable people will listen.

well we are all happy to learn you are the JUDGE AND JURY of the people here.
how condescending of you to THINK SO
typical of a liberal though, thinks they know ALL

Considering Republicans turn on any of their own that shows a hint of intelligence or individuality, who exactly are these brain dead fucks going to have left in 2016?

How did the Democrats treat Joe Lieberman when he didn't follow the party line? Oh yeah they basically kicked him out of the party and he became a independent and hey you guy's treated Artur Davis so respectfully he switched parties. I would suggest you brain dead fucks start taking a closer look at your party and ask who will you have in 2016 because the pickings are pretty slim.

^ this!

Powell is a Democrat.

Joe Lieberman left. He ran as a Democrat and lost...that's when he switched. Same thing for Davis. They did it themselves because they LOST.

He ran in a Democratic Primary as a Democrat and LOST. That's when he reconstituted himself as an "independent". You can keep trying to re-write history, but someone else wrote the actual history down before you tried to change it.

Lieberman Defeated in Democratic Primary

Republicans will lose as Neo-Marxist-Lite.

We need to boot the Moderates from leadership and decision making and reaffirm Conservative principals

He ran in a Democratic Primary as a Democrat and LOST. That's when he reconstituted himself as an "independent". You can keep trying to re-write history, but someone else wrote the actual history down before you tried to change it.

Your Party turned against Joe because he supported Bush on Iraq

We all fucking saw it

Welcome to my world.

well we are all happy to learn you are the JUDGE AND JURY of the people here.
how condescending of you to THINK SO
typical of a liberal though, thinks they know ALL

As if on cue...

We all fucking saw it

yep, they can lie about it all they want, they lie about everything else

We all fucking saw it

Yes, they VOTED him out because of his views on Iraq, they didn't throw him out of the party. He LEFT.

We all fucking saw it

yep, they can lie about it all they want, they lie about everything else

and was Joe right to Back a war built on lies to the American people or do the facts matter?

BTW Joe left us not we kicked him out

We need to boot the Moderates from leadership and decision making and reaffirm Conservative principals

As a far left liberal, I support this course of action. Drive the moderates right into the Democrats waiting arms.

If they dont change soon that is what isgoing to happen.

I was thinking about this the other day.

The republican party will hang arround and have a couple of reps from the rural pockets and then the dem party will swell.

then the con side of the party will start battleing the real dem side.

then the con side will merge back with the republican party OR they will break off on their own and absorb the republican party.

It will take decades but its likely what will happen

Forum List

Back