CNN: Obama's Bain Push 'Doesn't Appear To Be True'

He was a investor in Bain, but wasn't managing it after 1999. He retired after he finished what he was doing...So not everything he said was true, but who says we don't say half truths?

Investor? Is that what you call the owner?

I was told by several libtards on this board that stockholders do NOT own the company.

Were they... lying to me?

Your first mistake was talking to a "libtard". They are figments of a deluded imagination brought on by severe indoctrination and inbreeding. But there are cures. Education is one. Information is another. True story.

The Obama camp must have a bad feeling about the upcoming election.
They have their puppets like MSNBC and the rest throwing every thing they have at
Romney who they feel is a real doofus...but they must be afraid of something...

They are hammering him at MSNBC every day,every show,every host...every hour.
What are they so fearful of.My guess is they want to keep the focus off just how bad
things are with the Obama Presidency.

I guess if I am Obama this can be his only strategy.No way do they want people to focus on the job
Obama is doing.

And he's still standing.

oh yeah they're scared

they think this is going to help, I think they are fooling themselves, but let them hang themselves

CNN will now be called a Right Wing Network.

Not it won't. They reported and commented based on the information they had at the time. Notice, no mention of the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission 2002 statement of financial interests signed by Mitt Romney, which directly contradicts more recent statements. I suspect their viewpoint will change as more information is uncovered. It's not just SEC.

Exactly. This story has legs. Romney is hiding stuff.

I hope everything is put out in the open for the people to make a good choice come Novemeber.:eusa_hand: Hopefully, every fucking thing of Obama's is also out in the open.:eusa_shhh:

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

More: Government documents indicate Mitt Romney continued at Bain after date when he says he left - The Boston Globe

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

More: Government documents indicate Mitt Romney continued at Bain after date when he says he left - The Boston Globe

JAN CRAWFORD: Governor Romney, the Obama campaign is saying that you either committed a felony by lying to the SEC or you are lying to the American people about when you left Bain capital. What do you say to that?
GOV. MITT ROMNEY: Well, I think this kind of statement from the Obama team is really shocking, it's, it's ridiculous, and it's beneath the dignity of the presidency. Look we just had a report come out that millions of Americans remain unemployed. We have 8.2 percent unemployment. That's the 41st straight month we're above eight percent and the president's campaign comes out with these ridiculous charges that obviously every fact checker that looked at it has said it's absurd. And yet they keep on pushing it. I simply - I simply think the president has to recognize that this should be a campaign about the direction of the country, and these personal attacks have to stop.
CRAWFORD: But you say it's ridiculous. But why is there this discrepancy? You said you left Bain in 1999 yet Bain is listing you as CEO up until 2002, so why were you listed as CEO until 2002?
GOV. ROMNEY: The documents show that there's a difference between ownership, which is I owned shares in Bain, but I did not manage Bain. I left as everyone knows to go out and run the Olympics in February of 1999. I was full-time running the Olympics. I had no role whatsoever in the management of Bain after I went off to the Olympics. And that's been demonstrated by people who work at Bain, by all of the documents, but I still retained an ownership interest, I had the capacity if I were not on leave, if I were actually wanting to run the business to do so, but I did not. I left. And that's been demonstrated time and time again.
CRAWFORD: Even if you weren't making these daily managerial decisions, though, doesn't the buck stop with you?
GOV. ROMNEY: Actually when you leave an enterprise, when you have other people who are managing the enterprise, who take responsibility for all the investment decisions, who decide who's going to get hired and fired, who decide compensation decisions, they're the managers, they're the people running the business. I left the business and went off to run the Olympics, did that full time and after three years, when the Olympics were over, we arranged my departure officially from a retirement standpoint.

JAN CRAWFORD: Governor Romney, the Obama campaign is saying that you either committed a felony by lying to the SEC or you are lying to the American people about when you left Bain capital. What do you say to that?
GOV. MITT ROMNEY: Well, I think this kind of statement from the Obama team is really shocking, it's, it's ridiculous, and it's beneath the dignity of the presidency. Look we just had a report come out that millions of Americans remain unemployed. We have 8.2 percent unemployment. That's the 41st straight month we're above eight percent and the president's campaign comes out with these ridiculous charges that obviously every fact checker that looked at it has said it's absurd. And yet they keep on pushing it. I simply - I simply think the president has to recognize that this should be a campaign about the direction of the country, and these personal attacks have to stop.
CRAWFORD: But you say it's ridiculous. But why is there this discrepancy? You said you left Bain in 1999 yet Bain is listing you as CEO up until 2002, so why were you listed as CEO until 2002?
GOV. ROMNEY: The documents show that there's a difference between ownership, which is I owned shares in Bain, but I did not manage Bain. I left as everyone knows to go out and run the Olympics in February of 1999. I was full-time running the Olympics. I had no role whatsoever in the management of Bain after I went off to the Olympics. And that's been demonstrated by people who work at Bain, by all of the documents, but I still retained an ownership interest, I had the capacity if I were not on leave, if I were actually wanting to run the business to do so, but I did not. I left. And that's been demonstrated time and time again.
CRAWFORD: Even if you weren't making these daily managerial decisions, though, doesn't the buck stop with you?
GOV. ROMNEY: Actually when you leave an enterprise, when you have other people who are managing the enterprise, who take responsibility for all the investment decisions, who decide who's going to get hired and fired, who decide compensation decisions, they're the managers, they're the people running the business. I left the business and went off to run the Olympics, did that full time and after three years, when the Olympics were over, we arranged my departure officially from a retirement standpoint.

Where's the proof? No one who owns a large company just goes away for THREE years without some kind of formal/official documentation that delegates management responsibility to others.

Last edited:
wake up people...
CNN video at site

by John Nolte13 Jul 2012, 10:00 AM PDT101post a comment

This piece of video came to us from The Barricuda Brigade and is well worth a look. Anderson Cooper, John King and David Gergen report on the Obama campaign's shameful and desperate behavior with respect to Mitt Romney and Bain Capital in about as honest a way as you could hope for. The meaty part begins at the 2:30 mark:

VIDEO AT SITE

Yesterday, based on proven falsehoods, the Obama campaign floated the idea that Mitt Romney might be a "felon."

That is appalling behavior coming from a sitting United States President and, had Romney done the same to Obama, the media would've created a perfect storm demanding he either back it up or walk it back -- and rightfully so.

the rest here with video
CNN: Obama Camp's Bain Push 'Doesn't Appear To Be True'

CNN will now be called a Right Wing Network.

Not it won't. They reported and commented based on the information they had at the time. Notice, no mention of the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission 2002 statement of financial interests signed by Mitt Romney, which directly contradicts more recent statements. I suspect their viewpoint will change as more information is uncovered. It's not just SEC.

So, CNN's report was from before 2002?

Dumb ass.

(/thread)

Last edited:

Where's the proof?

I hereby invoke the right of David Axelrod. You want proof, prove what he said was not the case. He need not provide you with any proof.

Where's the proof? No one who owns a large company just goes away for THREE years without some kind of formal/official documentation.

Look, fool: I realize that for the last 4 years, it has been difficult to believe people who are running for President, but Mitt Romney is not barack obama.

No one who owns a large company just goes away for THREE years without some kind of formal/official documentation that delegates management responsibility to others. Where is that documentation?

Lame.

Really really lame.

Sorry but I'll take the Boston globe (and everyone else) over Brietbart any day.

Try to remember that Brietbart has been caught lying. The many many many many many many others have not.

The Boston Globe was shamed into admitting they plagiarized their hit piece.

:lol:

No one who owns a large company just goes away for THREE years without some kind of formal/official documentation that delegates management responsibility to others. Where is that documentation?

I put up the Fortune piece last night with all the documentation. I think what really pisses me off about you asswipes these days, is you just keep vomiting the same shit over and over and over after proven wrong.

One more time Lakhota, and I am growing weary of you, but let's play nice tonight.

The timing of Romney's departure from Bain became a lightning rod earlier today, when The Boston Globe published an article suggesting that Romney remained actively involved with the firm longer than he and his campaign have claimed. The sourcing is largely SEC documents that list Romney as Bain Capital's CEO and sole shareholder through 2002 -- or three years after Romney officially left to run the Salt Lake City Olympic Games.

These claims are very similar to ones made last week by David Corn in Mother Jones, which we disputed at the time.

Now Fortune has obtained new evidence that supports Romney's version of events.

Bain Capital began circulating offering documents for its seventh private equity fund in June 2000. Those documents include several pages specifying fund management. The section begins:

Set forth below is information regarding the background of the senior private equity investment professionals of Bain Capital. Also listed are certain investment professionals responsible for the day-to-day affairs of the Brookside and Sankaty funds, which are affiliated funds of Fund VII.

It then goes on to list 18 managers of the private equity fund. Mitt Romney is not among them. Same goes for an affiliated co-investment fund, whose private placement memorandum is dated September 2000.

Then there is Bain Capital Venture Fund -- the firm's first dedicated venture capital effort -- whose private placement memorandum is dated January 2001. Romney also isn't listed among its "key investment professionals," or as part of its day-to-day operations or investment committee.

All of this could prove problematic for the Obama campaign, which has spent the day crowing over the Globe story (going so far as to hold a media call about it).

"When Mitt Romney ran for governor and now as he's running for president, he consistently claimed he could not be blamed for bankruptcies and layoffs from Bain investments after February 1999 because he departed for the Olympics," said Obama spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter, according to the Globe. "Now, we know that he wasn't telling the truth."

But the contemporaneous Bain documents show that Romney was indeed telling the truth about no longer having operational input at Bain -- which, one should note, is different from no longer having legal or financial ties to the firm.

Documents: Romney didn't manage Bain funds - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

Last edited:
Lame.

Really really lame.

Sorry but I'll take the Boston globe (and everyone else) over Brietbart any day.

Try to remember that Brietbart has been caught lying. The many many many many many many others have not.

The Boston Globe was shamed into admitting they plagiarized their hit piece.

:lol:

No, they neglected to credit previous stories by others. They stand by THEIR story.

Feeding a fact to a Lib is like well not really turning a battleship because they actually turn, it's more like pouring onto a closed Tupperware container

Forum List

Back