CNN: Obama's Bain Push 'Doesn't Appear To Be True'

Rachel Maddow is tearing Romney up - with FACTS. So cool...

You can tell how good she is by how much the rw's rant their lies about her.

My fave ... and, Stephanie, you really should bookmark this for the next time you need facts. :lol:

watch

why would I bookmark a red X?

I've come to the conclusion that the left wants one thing and the right wants another? Wouldn't it make more logical sense to divide our land into two nations? Both sides would be happy then. :)

The south is already so backward that its beyond redemption. Starting with TexASS, you can have it.

John King: Why is 1999 so important in 2012? - CNN.com

...But first, is there anything other than the SEC filings to suggest a hands-on Romney role at Bain post-February 1999?

No is the word from four sources who communicated with CNN on Thursday -- all of whom have firsthand knowledge of Bain's operations at the time in question. Three of the four are Democrats, and two of the four are active Obama supporters in Campaign 2012.

All four told me Romney is telling the truth.

Only one, Bain Managing Director Steve Pagliuca, would talk on the record. The others spoke only on condition of anonymity, citing either Bain's low-key culture or the desire not to anger friends in the Obama campaign.

Pagliuca, a Democrat who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2010, told CNN: "Mitt Romney left Bain Capital in February 1999 to run the Olympics and has had absolutely no involvement with the management or investment activities of the firm or with any of its portfolio companies since the day of his departure."

In explaining the SEC documents filed in 2000 and 2001, Pagliuca said, "Due to the sudden nature of Mr. Romney's departure, he remained the sole stockholder for a time while formal ownership was being documented and transferred to the group of partners who took over management of the firm in 1999. Accordingly, Mr. Romney was reported in various capacities on SEC filings during this period."

Another Bain Democrat who did not want to be identified by name said Romney had no role after taking the Olympics post

"Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. He was just gone. And it happened very suddenly. ... After that, he was not on calls or writing memos. He was gone."

To be clear, all four of the sources voiced professional loyalty and personal respect for Romney. And all four have a vested interest in defending the work of Bain. But they were consistent in describing Romney's departure as abrupt and in saying they could not recall him around the office in the months that followed.

Two highly reputable arbiters of political debate -- The Washington Post's fact-checking arm and FactCheck.org -- also on Thursday stood by their earlier findings that Romney stepped away from any active role at Bain when he accepted the Olympics post. And Fortune reported that it obtained private Bain documents that support the Romney account...

Documents: Romney didn't manage Bain funds - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

There, no Breitbart...

I've come to the conclusion that the left wants one thing and the right wants another? Wouldn't it make more logical sense to divide our land into two nations? Both sides would be happy then. :)

The south is already so backward that its beyond redemption. Starting with TexASS, you can have it.

Giving away one of the top job producers in the nation, smooth move...

Dems have a fundamental ignorance on basic economics, that's how they're able to give us annual $1Trillion deficits, our first ever credit downgrade and never pass a budget in the process.

A Bain partner will be on Chris Hayes tomorrow morning. 8AM, eastern.

Sorry rw's, but you won't be able to watch it cuz its on MSNBC. You wouldn't like it anyway. Its just facts and you know how the right gets hives if they have to actually deal with FACTS.

Even Marc Wolpow, a Bain employee said he reported directly to Mitt. Then later, refused to comment.
Even more documents are being found. Not just at the SEC, but also his Massachusetts State Ethics Commission 2002 statement of financial interests. That statement (which I linked to previously) shows Romney's involvement with 11 other Bain companies.
This is a scandal that won't go away.

You know what this is like? Remember Democrat "Gary (follow me everywhere because I'm so pure) Hart? The "new" JFK? When challenged, the press followed him directly to his mistress front door. That was the end of his political career.

The Boston Globe had one document. Then the Mitt Machine called them liars, stamped one foot and told them to apologize, and they went back to look for more. Now there's documents everywhere. And considering the number of Bain companies from 1999 to 2003, I bet this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sorry rw's, but you won't be able to watch it cuz its on MSNBC. You wouldn't like it anyway. Its just facts and you know how the right gets hives if they have to actually deal with FACTS.

so? why would we care to watch it..
we have our eyes on the real things, like getting Obama out of office..
vote people:eusa_clap:

Sorry...Have a hangover penciled in for that time slot....Prolly won't make me as sick to my stomach, either.

wake up people...
CNN video at site

by John Nolte13 Jul 2012, 10:00 AM PDT101post a comment

This piece of video came to us from The Barricuda Brigade and is well worth a look. Anderson Cooper, John King and David Gergen report on the Obama campaign's shameful and desperate behavior with respect to Mitt Romney and Bain Capital in about as honest a way as you could hope for. The meaty part begins at the 2:30 mark:

VIDEO AT SITE

Yesterday, based on proven falsehoods, the Obama campaign floated the idea that Mitt Romney might be a "felon."

That is appalling behavior coming from a sitting United States President and, had Romney done the same to Obama, the media would've created a perfect storm demanding he either back it up or walk it back -- and rightfully so.

the rest here with video
CNN: Obama Camp's Bain Push 'Doesn't Appear To Be True'

CNN will now be called a Right Wing Network.

Rachel Maddow is tearing Romney up - with FACTS. So cool...

My fave ... and, Stephanie, you really should bookmark this for the next time you need facts. :lol:

watch

GOP Conservatives had a lot to say about Romney's days at Bain

How can Romney Occupy Oval Office When He Whines Like a Bitch: Romney: Obama owes me an apology. What?

No role whatsoever at Bain after what date? Romney doing damage control? No more tax returns?

What kind of president would whine like a female dog - bitch - when somebody says something about his role in private equity firms? Romney's reckless and absurd whining is making America look weak. The whole world is watching and laughing. Can anyone imagine Romney facing off against Putin and other world leaders? :rofl:

---

Mitt Romney‘s Bain Capital “looted” a company in Gaffney, S.C., and got “rich off failures and sticking it to someone else,” Gov. Rick Perry of Texas charged this morning as he began a swing through South Carolina.

Signaling that he will join Newt Gingrich and other Republican presidential rivals in sharply criticizing Mr. Romney’s earlier career as a corporate takeover artist, Mr. Perry mocked Mr. Romney’s recent statement that there were times he had worried about losing his job, pointing out that Mr. Romney had grown up wealthy and privileged.

“I mean, he actually said this,” Mr. Perry told more than 100 diners at a breakfast gathering here.

In recent days, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have been sharply criticizing Romney's actions while heading Bain Capital, a private equity firm that bought and sold companies to turn a profit. In many cases, workers lost jobs after Bain purchased their companies.

In the days leading up to the Jan. 21 GOP primary in South Carolina, Perry has been describing Romney as a "vulture capitalist." In a state where unemployment has exceeded 9 percent for more than three years, Perry has been calling attention to closed factories, saying Bain cut jobs during Romney's years there.

U.S. Chamber President Criticizes GOP's 'Intramural' Battle Over Bain : It's All Politics : NPR

watch

GOP Conservatives had a lot to say about Romney's days at Bain

How can Romney Occupy Oval Office When He Whines Like a Bitch: Romney: Obama owes me an apology. What?

No role whatsoever at Bain after what date? Romney doing damage control? No more tax returns?

What kind of president would whine like a female dog - bitch - when somebody says something about his role in private equity firms? Romney's reckless and absurd whining is making America look weak. The whole world is watching and laughing. Can anyone imagine Romney facing off against Putin and other world leaders? :rofl:

---

Mitt Romney‘s Bain Capital “looted” a company in Gaffney, S.C., and got “rich off failures and sticking it to someone else,” Gov. Rick Perry of Texas charged this morning as he began a swing through South Carolina.

Signaling that he will join Newt Gingrich and other Republican presidential rivals in sharply criticizing Mr. Romney’s earlier career as a corporate takeover artist, Mr. Perry mocked Mr. Romney’s recent statement that there were times he had worried about losing his job, pointing out that Mr. Romney had grown up wealthy and privileged.

“I mean, he actually said this,” Mr. Perry told more than 100 diners at a breakfast gathering here.

In recent days, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have been sharply criticizing Romney's actions while heading Bain Capital, a private equity firm that bought and sold companies to turn a profit. In many cases, workers lost jobs after Bain purchased their companies.

In the days leading up to the Jan. 21 GOP primary in South Carolina, Perry has been describing Romney as a "vulture capitalist." In a state where unemployment has exceeded 9 percent for more than three years, Perry has been calling attention to closed factories, saying Bain cut jobs during Romney's years there.

U.S. Chamber President Criticizes GOP's 'Intramural' Battle Over Bain : It's All Politics : NPR

Crossover thread, cool. I thought we could get that only on network television. You know, like NCIS meets NCIS los Angeles...

The Obama camp must have a bad feeling about the upcoming election.
They have their puppets like MSNBC and the rest throwing every thing they have at
Romney who they feel is a real doofus...but they must be afraid of something...

They are hammering him at MSNBC every day,every show,every host...every hour.
What are they so fearful of.My guess is they want to keep the focus off just how bad
things are with the Obama Presidency.

I guess if I am Obama this can be his only strategy.No way do they want people to focus on the job
Obama is doing.

And he's still standing.

wake up people...
CNN video at site

This piece of video came to us from The Barricuda Brigade and is well worth a look. Anderson Cooper, John King and David Gergen report on the Obama campaign's shameful and desperate behavior with respect to Mitt Romney and Bain Capital in about as honest a way as you could hope for. The meaty part begins at the 2:30 mark:

VIDEO AT SITE

Yesterday, based on proven falsehoods, the Obama campaign floated the idea that Mitt Romney might be a "felon."

That is appalling behavior coming from a sitting United States President and, had Romney done the same to Obama, the media would've created a perfect storm demanding he either back it up or walk it back -- and rightfully so.

the rest here with video

Not it won't. They reported and commented based on the information they had at the time. Notice, no mention of the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission 2002 statement of financial interests signed by Mitt Romney, which directly contradicts more recent statements. I suspect their viewpoint will change as more information is uncovered. It's not just SEC.

Dems can't think for themselves, they been trained to react to information fed to the Collective. It will take a month for them to digest this

wake up people...
CNN video at site

VIDEO AT SITE

the rest here with video

Not it won't. They reported and commented based on the information they had at the time. Notice, no mention of the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission 2002 statement of financial interests signed by Mitt Romney, which directly contradicts more recent statements. I suspect their viewpoint will change as more information is uncovered. It's not just SEC.

Exactly. This story has legs. Romney is hiding stuff.

Forum List

Back