CNN Fired Marc Lamont Hill For Saying Palestinians Deserve Equal Rights

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5c0098c33c0000b4040ebe7d.jpeg

Marc Lamont Hill, a professor at Temple University and a fierce advocate for equality, was perhaps the strongest, most articulate and most passionate voice against racism and bigotry among CNN’s regular contributors. Today, CNN fired him because he believes Palestinians, too, fit into a vision where all people deserve equal rights. For CNN, that was just too much.

Marc was targeted by what can only be described as an organized campaign to silence his principled and consistent advocacy against racism and for the equal treatment of all people, including Palestinians. Wednesday, as part of a Special Meeting of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, in observance of the United Nations International Day of Solidarity With the Palestinian People at U.N. headquarters in New York, Marc was invited as a member of civil society to provide a statement to the forum. He did so having just returned from the Palestinian territories, and he made clear that his experience as a black American and the history of struggle against slavery and Jim Crow in the United States inform his solidarity with the Palestinian people.

CNN has unfortunately made it clear which side of this question it stands on. While it fired Hill for the offense of believing Palestinians should be treated equally, it continues to employ and feature serial liar Rick Santorum, who has denied that Palestinians even exist and claimed same-sex marriage was akin to terrorism.

So the message is clear and undeniable. All the despicable, offensive things that Santorum says are not fireable offenses. They have even put up with Jeffrey Lord’s horribly offensive, racist and routinely incoherent blathering for years. It took him literally tweeting a Nazi salute for CNN to decide he was unfit for its air.

But Marc Lamont Hill calls for treating Palestinians as equal human beings with equal human and civil rights, and he is out the door in 24 hours.

This is CNN, and it should be ashamed.

More: CNN Fired Marc Lamont Hill For Saying Palestinians Deserve Equal Rights

Shame on CNN. I am shocked that CNN would do this. I'll be watching it less. Palestinians deserve equal rights.

Some background on Palestine:

The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict

A Synopsis of the Israel/Palestine Conflict

Vanishing the Palestinians

Last edited:
Hill said that Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. He was canned the same way a white guy would be canned for saying blacks should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Hill said that Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. He was canned the same way a white guy would be canned for saying blacks should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Liar! Please quote where he said "that Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth." Jews are squatting on stolen Palestinian land - so why shouldn't they have equal rights?

Book review: "Married to Another Man"

Last edited:
He's a Jew hater, a White hater, and a cheap left wing hack. I'm surprised CNN fired him because they are bigots, Jew haters and White haters as well. I guess there's no honor among bigots.

Marc Lamont Hill, a professor at Temple University and a fierce advocate for equality, was perhaps the strongest, most articulate and most passionate voice against racism and bigotry among CNN’s regular contributors. Today, CNN fired him because he believes Palestinians, too, fit into a vision where all people deserve equal rights. For CNN, that was just too much.

Marc was targeted by what can only be described as an organized campaign to silence his principled and consistent advocacy against racism and for the equal treatment of all people, including Palestinians. Wednesday, as part of a Special Meeting of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, in observance of the United Nations International Day of Solidarity With the Palestinian People at U.N. headquarters in New York, Marc was invited as a member of civil society to provide a statement to the forum. He did so having just returned from the Palestinian territories, and he made clear that his experience as a black American and the history of struggle against slavery and Jim Crow in the United States inform his solidarity with the Palestinian people.

CNN has unfortunately made it clear which side of this question it stands on. While it fired Hill for the offense of believing Palestinians should be treated equally, it continues to employ and feature serial liar Rick Santorum, who has denied that Palestinians even exist and claimed same-sex marriage was akin to terrorism.

So the message is clear and undeniable. All the despicable, offensive things that Santorum says are not fireable offenses. They have even put up with Jeffrey Lord’s horribly offensive, racist and routinely incoherent blathering for years. It took him literally tweeting a Nazi salute for CNN to decide he was unfit for its air.

But Marc Lamont Hill calls for treating Palestinians as equal human beings with equal human and civil rights, and he is out the door in 24 hours.

Shame on CNN. I am shocked that CNN would do this. I'll be watching it less. Palestinians deserve equal rights.

This is what constitutes a flat-out LIE. He wasn't fired because he said that "Palestinians should have equal rights". He was fired for essentially calling on the destruction of Israel by replacing it with a Palestinian state.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/cnn-fires-marc-lamont-hill-following-controversial-israel-comments/

This is what constitutes a flat-out LIE. He wasn't fired because he said that "Palestinians should have equal rights". He was fired for essentially calling on the destruction of Israel by replacing it with a Palestinian state.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/cnn-fires-marc-lamont-hill-following-controversial-israel-comments/

That's not what he said. Please QUOTE where he called for the "destruction" of Israel. Regardless, it is Palestinian land.

Marc was targeted by what can only be described as an organized campaign to silence his principled and consistent advocacy against racism and for the equal treatment of all people, including Palestinians.
The same cast of clowns who try to get everyone fired who doesn't tow Israel's line.

That's not what he said. Please QUOTE where he called for the "destruction" of Israel. Regardless, it is Palestinian land.

Your reading comprehension sucks. I didn't say that Hill "called for the destruction of Israel". I said that CNN fired him for essentially calling for the "destruction" of Israel. I know that "essentially" is a big word for you, so let me help you to understand its definition.

Definition of essentially

: in essence : FUNDAMENTALLY —used to identify or stress the basic or essential character or nature of a person or thing or to say that a description is basically true or accurateHe's essentially a good man.… painting, essentially a two-dimensional art …

Marc was targeted by what can only be described as an organized campaign to silence his principled and consistent advocacy against racism and for the equal treatment of all people, including Palestinians.
The same cast of clowns who try to get everyone fired who doesn't tow Israel's line.

The word "Israel" is a magnet for loons like you.

Your reading comprehension sucks. I didn't say that Hill "called for the destruction of Israel". I said that CNN fired him for essentially calling for the "destruction" of Israel. I know that "essentially" is a big word for you, so let me help you to understand its definition.

: in essence : FUNDAMENTALLY —used to identify or stress the basic or essential character or nature of a person or thing or to say that a description is basically true or accurateHe's essentially a good man.… painting, essentially a two-dimensional art …

Funny. I understood you the first time with "essentially" - so please QUOTE where he "essentially called for the destruction of Israel."

Funny. I understood you the first time with "essentially" - so please QUOTE where he "essentially called for the destruction of Israel."

I provided a link that details what Hill said.

Forum List

Back