CNN Arizona debate thread

This debate is taking place about a mile from my house. The Mesa Arts Center gets some great plays and now they have the four stooges.

your brain doesn't do well in the desert heat I see. moron.

I was built for heat and I love it. Plus it's fun to watch all those old snowbirds fall out with heat stroke. Come on out.

why,, I have my own source of heat.. but we gots us an ocean too and ewe don't.

I can say it no better than this "All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing". There are times when America must defend its allies... and countries that are not necessarily our allies, but are not our enemies either.

I agree with the quote, but I disagree with your 'something'. Embarking on preemptive war is not 'defending' anything, it's ATTACKING. This idea that it's just and right for us to attack other countries is CRAZY.

Ron Paul is DAMNED SURE right about one thing, if you want to go to war, get a Declaration of War from the Congress. At least then we can have the chickenhawks ON RECORD when it comes time for the War Crimes Tribunals.

Except Libya wasn't a 'war', it was a military action. Technically different. I'm not overly enthusiastic about war - I kind of prefer my family serving in the military to not be sent into harms way without really good reasons.

Ron Paul's attitude towards international relations is ridiculously naive. We cannot afford to return to isolationism... it is bad for us economically and militarily, and it is bad for the world.

Iraq & Afghanistan are wars, undeclared. Iran will be a war, declare the damned thing if you want to go fight. The weasel out for the last 2 isn't going to work again. An 'authorization', my ass. It was a blank check given to the Executive because the Legislative didn't have balls enough to follow the LAW. Let them give their 'reasons' in PUBLIC, on the floor of Congress.

Free trade with all nations is HARDLY 'isolationist', it's GOOD for everybody, especially our military, because they won't be used as pawns to prop up tinhorned dictators that survive by bribing our politicians.

I agree with the quote, but I disagree with your 'something'. Embarking on preemptive war is not 'defending' anything, it's ATTACKING. This idea that it's just and right for us to attack other countries is CRAZY.

Ron Paul is DAMNED SURE right about one thing, if you want to go to war, get a Declaration of War from the Congress. At least then we can have the chickenhawks ON RECORD when it comes time for the War Crimes Tribunals.

:cuckoo:

You might think cuckoo, but the UN is already trying to get the LAST administration charged, and the more power we give to them the more likely those tribunals are to happen.

I think that the UN is moving closer to its end and at any rate, America is the strongest world power and a major (if not the major) world leading legislative giant in the world, so yes I do think you are cuckoo to see the UN as a powerful entity against the US. I see its power dissolving, and you seem to see it strengthening.

Passports have nothing to do with the study of international affairs; going to another country might help understand the culture but few Americans are allowed in the nations we consider enemies. Paul brought up the Constitution in reference to war with Iran. The stay at home soldiers all joined the war chant.

I take war very seriously.... because it directly impacts on me as an individual. But all Paul does with his ridiculously naive attitude is give our enemies a free reign to destroy other countries... including our allies.... without fear of reprisals from us. Yea, that's sensible. Let's tell our enemies.... the Iranians, the North Koreans, the Islamists... that they can murder and kill anyone anywhere - except here.

Fucking naive.

Real conservatives understand that the United States cannot and should not police the world. If religious fanatics in Afghanistan choose to stone a women to death for showing her hair in public, so be it.

Paul was spot on, we have spent trillions on nation buiding in the middle east and ignored critical issue here at home.

Dealing with threats to United States interest is not "policing the world".

You might think cuckoo, but the UN is already trying to get the LAST administration charged, and the more power we give to them the more likely those tribunals are to happen.

I think that the UN is moving closer to its end and at any rate, America is the strongest world power and a major (if not the major) world leading legislative giant in the world, so yes I do think you are cuckoo to see the UN as a powerful entity against the US. I see its power dissolving, and you seem to see it strengthening.

I see it strengthening because we keep giving it more and more power and legitimacy. We're selling our sovereignty treaty by treaty...

I really wish Paul wasn't so set in his ways with foreign policy. Nearly everything else besides legalizing drugs and prostitution is spot on.

He would get my vote but for foreign policy.
Congress will override his more radical beliefs. And the other three ready to send OTHER people to war again are OK with you? Paul is the only one who HAS served in combat. Actually, he is the only one who spent one minute in the military; the other three are ARTFUL DODGERS.

Are you completely ignoring events in the world? War may be happening without anyone doing anything.

I really wish Paul wasn't so set in his ways with foreign policy. Nearly everything else besides legalizing drugs and prostitution is spot on.

Congress will override his more radical beliefs. And the other three ready to send OTHER people to war again are OK with you? Paul is the only one who HAS served in combat. Actually, he is the only one who spent one minute in the military; the other three are ARTFUL DODGERS.

When did your messiah serve and in what branch? Besides being Idiot in Chief?

. Do I agree with him on every single issue? Almost. But I don't have to agree with him on every single issue to know Dr Ron Paul is the only true constitutionalist in the Presidential field--from either major party. And when a President (or any other public office holder) takes his or her oath of office, they do not swear to be a good Christian, or to support the state of Israel, . They swear to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. That is their solemn oath to the American people. Nothing more. Nothing less. And for over two decades, Congressman Ron Paul has demonstrated his fidelity to that oath. And because of that he is the only candidate who HOLDS and supports CONSISTANT VIEWS he does,nt like the others just tell you what you want to hear
thats why i support RON PAUL

Last edited:
Let's try to keep it real, oh and civil

Ron Paul took Santorum's voting record and stapled it to his forehead. RESULT--Santorum is TOAST--and Newt Gingrich moves in to challenge Romney for the nomination--making a 3rd historic comeback.

Ron Paul had a great debate tonight--but he is still weak on foreign policy.

Newt Gingrich won this debate.

Forum List

Back