Cliven Bundy Must Be Held Accountable For Standoff, Officials Say

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-CLIVEN-BUNDY-large570.jpg

RENO, Nev. (AP) — U.S. Bureau of Land Management officials say they agree with a Nevada sheriff's position that rancher Cliven Bundy must be held accountable for his role in an April standoff between his supporters and the federal agency.

Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie said Bundy crossed the line when he allowed states' rights supporters, including self-proclaimed militia members, onto his property to aim guns at police.

"If you step over that line, there are consequences to those actions," Gillespie told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "And I believe they stepped over that line. No doubt about it. They need to be held accountable for it."

Bureau spokeswoman Celia Boddington, in a statement released Saturday to The Associated Press, said the agency continues to pursue the matter "aggressively through the legal system."

"There is an ongoing investigation and we are working diligently to ensure that those who broke the law are held accountable," she said, declining to elaborate.

The FBI declined comment Saturday on its investigation. Bundy did not respond to a request for comment.

The Bureau of Land Management says Bundy owes over $1 million in fees and penalties for trespassing on federal property without a permit over 20 years. Bundy, who says his ancestors have operated a ranch in the area since the late 1800s, refuses to acknowledge federal authority on public lands.

MORE: Cliven Bundy Must Be Held Accountable For Standoff, Officials Say

Good. It's about time this freeloading welfare rancher is held accountable.

I agree. I hope the teaper lunatics try again, this time squeezing the trigger so they can be eradicated by the feds.

n-CLIVEN-BUNDY-large570.jpg

RENO, Nev. (AP) — U.S. Bureau of Land Management officials say they agree with a Nevada sheriff's position that rancher Cliven Bundy must be held accountable for his role in an April standoff between his supporters and the federal agency.

Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie said Bundy crossed the line when he allowed states' rights supporters, including self-proclaimed militia members, onto his property to aim guns at police.

"If you step over that line, there are consequences to those actions," Gillespie told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "And I believe they stepped over that line. No doubt about it. They need to be held accountable for it."

Bureau spokeswoman Celia Boddington, in a statement released Saturday to The Associated Press, said the agency continues to pursue the matter "aggressively through the legal system."

"There is an ongoing investigation and we are working diligently to ensure that those who broke the law are held accountable," she said, declining to elaborate.

The FBI declined comment Saturday on its investigation. Bundy did not respond to a request for comment.

The Bureau of Land Management says Bundy owes over $1 million in fees and penalties for trespassing on federal property without a permit over 20 years. Bundy, who says his ancestors have operated a ranch in the area since the late 1800s, refuses to acknowledge federal authority on public lands.

MORE: Cliven Bundy Must Be Held Accountable For Standoff, Officials Say

Good. It's about time this freeloading welfare rancher is held accountable.

He's the sheriff, I respect him for enforcing the law against a powerful public figure.

It sounds like the sheriff speaks with forked tongue. From the OP link:

But Boddington said the bureau planned and conducted the roundup in "full coordination" with Gillespie and his office.

"It is unfortunate that the sheriff is now attempting to rewrite the details of what occurred, including his claims that the BLM did not share accurate information," she said. "The sheriff encouraged the operation and promised to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with us as we enforced two recent federal court orders."

"Sadly, he backed out of his commitment shortly before the operation — and after months of joint planning — leaving the BLM and the National Park Service to handle the crowd control that the sheriff previously committed to handling," she added.

Aw the Sheriff decided to tell the truth. How CAN this government stand it. They must act, like opening the border completely. That will teach those pesky Americans a lesson.

Aw the Sheriff decided to tell the truth. How CAN this government stand it. They must act, like opening the border completely. That will teach those pesky Americans a lesson.

What does immigration have to do with Bundy and nutters who want to defend a criminal in an armed insurrection?

It would be interesting to see a televised Bundy trial on TV.

I'd rather watch a televised shootout between teapers and the feds.

You know that would be the number one news item watched in Moscow. Maybe President Putin would offer us air support. As half the USAF turns against the presidunce. Or maybe more than half.

We are so ripe, the slightest shake and the plum will fall.

You know that would be the number one news item watched in Moscow. Maybe President Putin would offer us air support. As half the USAF turns against the presidunce. Or maybe more than half.

Not really. You should escape your bubble and join the sane majority.

We are not so far gone as that, quit sniffing glue.

I wonder why you guys are so focused on Bundy, but not Obama? Obama has committed far more egregious crimes against the American people than Cliven failing to pay his land fee.

Is this because you don't want to hold him accountable for anything? "Oh he hasn't done anything wrong!" you say. Nonsense. Twelve times the Supreme Court says he has, unanimously.

Your priorities are mixed up. And this thread is nothing more than attempt to stir up the pot.

The situation was about the BLM's abuse. What do you expect them to say?

What BLM abuse? Please be specific...

He's supposed to get use of public land for free and for as long as he wants it. Just because a man's word used to count for something, it doesn't anymore and he should be able to ignore the bills he doesn't want to pay.

I mean, doesn't pick and choose which bills to pay even though they contracted to pay all of them?

I wonder why you guys are so focused on Bundy, but not Obama? Obama has committed far more egregious crimes against the American people than Cliven failing to pay his land fee.

Is this because you don't want to hold him accountable for anything? "Oh he hasn't done anything wrong!" you say. Nonsense. Twelve times the Supreme Court says he has, unanimously.

Your priorities are mixed up. And this thread is nothing more than attempt to stir up the pot.

I think that's the purpose of any thread.

Duh, this thread is about Bundy. Take your Obama fixation somewhere else.

I agree. I hope the teaper lunatics try again, this time squeezing the trigger so they can be eradicated by the feds.

^^^^ The real murderous rage from Leftists.. Wishing and hoping for death against fellow Americans. I've said it often that if libruls could imprison Conservatives for speech, they'd do it..

Forum List

Back