Climatechangevangelistas! Please explain this...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I was watching network news tonight with the weather person describing the "1 in 500 years" rain in NYC and stating it was clearly caused by "climate change".
It made me wonder then about these two FACTs that the global warming evangelistas seemingly are unaware of.

Fact 1.
Fifty-five million years ago the North Pole was an ice-free zone with tropical temperatures, according to research.
A sediment core excavated from 400m (1,300ft) below the seabed of the Arctic Ocean has enabled scientists to delve far back into the region's past.

Fact 2.
Projections show that the area of land and sea that falls within the Arctic Circle is home to an estimated 90 billion barrels of oil, an incredible 13% of Earth's reserves.

So please tell me you global warming, climate change "evangelistas"......
BIG question ?
Why 50 million years ago did the North Pole have tropical temperatures... was there "global warming"?
(Tropical climates are characterized by monthly average temperatures of 18 ℃ (64.4 ℉)
2nd Big question ?
If oil is formed from mixtures of hydrocarbons that formed from the remains of animals and plants (diatoms) that lived millions of years ,
how come there is 90 billion barrels in the Arctic Circle? Was there "global warming" when this animals and plants were in the Arctic Circle?

I've provided the FACTS that support the premise "global warming" has occurred in the past... Now refute these facts.

I was watching network news tonight with the weather person describing the "1 in 500 years" rain in NYC and stating it was clearly caused by "climate change".
It made me wonder then about these two FACTs that the global warming evangelistas seemingly are unaware of.

Fact 1.
Fifty-five million years ago the North Pole was an ice-free zone with tropical temperatures, according to research.
A sediment core excavated from 400m (1,300ft) below the seabed of the Arctic Ocean has enabled scientists to delve far back into the region's past.

Fact 2.
Projections show that the area of land and sea that falls within the Arctic Circle is home to an estimated 90 billion barrels of oil, an incredible 13% of Earth's reserves.

BIG question ?
Why 50 million years ago did the North Pole have tropical temperatures... was there "global warming"?
(Tropical climates are characterized by monthly average temperatures of 18 ℃ (64.4 ℉)
2nd Big question ?
If oil is formed from mixtures of hydrocarbons that formed from the remains of animals and plants (diatoms) that lived millions of years ,
how come there is 90 billion barrels in the Arctic Circle? Was there "global warming" when this animals and plants were in the Arctic Circle?

I've provided the FACTS that support the premise "global warming" has occurred in the past... Now refute these facts.
Another know-it-all who knows absolutely NOTHING. And you NEVER provide FACTS, only out of context half-truths strung together to deliberately mislead,
You can pretend never to have heard of plate tectonics, but the rest of us know that 50 million years ago the landmass that today is the Indian subcontinent slammed into Asia and the collision changed the configuration of the continents and altered global climate.

Beware of the half-truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.
- Seymour Essrog

A half-truth is a whole lie.
- Yiddish Proverb

Does it surprise you control freak Dems want to control evolution? And apparently the Sun's emissions, the earth's orbit, rotation and distance to the moon. :oops:

Your retarded politician is the idiot who wants control.

July 11, 2020
The Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior U.S. government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.

Bizarrely, the question was not posed to anyone from NASA or even the Pentagon. Instead it was asked of a senior forestry service official during a House natural resources committee hearing on Tuesday.

“I understand from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and the BLM [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change,” Gohmert said, adding that a past director of NASA had once told him that orbits of the moon and the Earth were indeed changing.

“We know there’s been significant solar flare activity, and so… is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun?” Gohmert asked. “Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate.”

Fact 1.

Fact 2.

BIG question ?
2nd Big question ?

They they also have no answer for the fact that we have had higher co ppm with lower temperatures and lower co ppm with higher temperatures in the past....

But questions like that don't make money for the green thieves.

Jo

How many humans were around then? You do realize that humans were not there for a reason right?
So what caused the global warming millions of years ago? You are ASSUMING that the existence of HUMANS is the cause of today's so-called global warming...then what was the cause then? I'm just asking what was the cause of tropical temperatures in the North Pole with no humans.

So what caused the global warming millions of years ago? You are ASSUMING that the existence of HUMANS is the cause of today's so-called global warming...then what was the cause then? I'm just asking what was the cause of tropical temperatures in the North Pole with no humans.
The Real answer is probably that we have been in an ice age for sometime and we are just now coming out of it and the Earth is going back to where it belongs. That answer however does not provide political leverage and a cover for green scammers to make millions on a Henny Penny sky is falling theory.

The Real answer is probably that we have been in an ice age for sometime and we are just now coming out of it and the Earth is going back to where it belongs. That answer however does not provide political leverage and a cover for green scammers to make millions on a Henny Penny sky is falling theory.
You are 100% correct, especially regarding the green scammers! Al Gore has made over $200 million from CO2 derivatives and from the oil rich Qatar when ALJazeera (owned by Qatar) bought Gore's share for nearly $100 million. All because Gore pushed the global warming schtick

Fact 1.
Actually, you pointed out the effects of global warming, whether naturally occurring or manmade.

Between 57 and 55 million years ago, the geological epoch known as the Paleocene ended and gave way to the Eocene. At that time, the atmosphere was essentially flooded by the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide, with concentration levels reaching 1,400 ppm to 4,000 ppm.

Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), also called Initial Eocene Thermal Maximum (IETM), a short interval of maximum temperature lasting approximately 100,000 years during the late Paleocene and early Eocene epochs (roughly 55 million years ago).

Forum List

Back