Church urgers people to vote out Obama

The church should stay out of political matters. It shouldn't be telling its members who to vote for.

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and politicians. It's Government that needs to get the heck out of Churches.

Of course, if the Church has to spell out precisely who to vote for, you arent paying attention.

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and government should be free to tell churches to butt out of people's lives when they don't want to hear any of their bullshit.

I agree, this is a freedom of speech issue and the church has the freedom, the government has no business dictating what can and cannot be said.

That said. I think churches would be wise to refrain from endorsing one candidate over another.

I think you should read more in the thread before you say that. Let's hear what the OP says about the church obama attended and was a member for 20 years.

What about it?

You do realize unions tax exempt and you're bitching about the church being political.

Is not advocating for any specific candidate part of unions tax exempt status like it is for churches?

I'm for people following the law.

El Paso Catholic church bulletin urges Obama defeat - El Paso Times

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

I agree. They flaunt tax free status while brainwashing youngsters with a 2000 year old tale about god worship told by ignorant camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. If the creator of the universe dropped by back then and left the only keys to the kingdom with those folks who were afraid of the dark he has one helluva sense of humor.

Then you also agree that unions should lose their tax exempt status.

It's a charity, and all charities are exempt.

Really..

Is it charitable to request your listeners pay a $1000 "donation" to plant the "seed" for financial success in your life, through God?

Where is the line drawn? How far can these "churches" go and still remain tax exempt?

The Salvation Army does not dictate whom their contributors should vote for, so why should a church be doing it? Or are they, in fact, different only when it comes to that?

Churches can help people, but they can do it fine while paying their fair share.

Fair share fair share.

When do you start paying you greedy fuck?

You do realize unions tax exempt and you're bitching about the church being political.

Is not advocating for any specific candidate part of unions tax exempt status like it is for churches?

I'm for people following the law.

Like media matters and their tax exempt status, they are supposed to be apolitical.

Unions are tax exempt but it's ok for them to politic for obama :badgrin: This thread's OP is fill with a lot of bullshit

It's a charity, and all charities are exempt.

Really..

Is it charitable to request your listeners pay a $1000 "donation" to plant the "seed" for financial success in your life, through God?

Where is the line drawn? How far can these "churches" go and still remain tax exempt?

The Salvation Army does not dictate whom their contributors should vote for, so why should a church be doing it? Or are they, in fact, different only when it comes to that?

Churches can help people, but they can do it fine while paying their fair share.

Then you also feel the same way about unions and politics, since unions are tax exempt

Tons of Black churches urge their parishioners to vote for Obama. I should know; I go to one.

They should immediately lose their tax exempt status.

How do you police it all and how would you draw a line? Would it be candidate specific, endorsing a policy, endorsing a party or any mention on world conditions and governments in ability to fix or not fix them?

Forum List

Back