Church urgers people to vote out Obama

Sister Simone Campbell, who led the “Nuns on the Bus” tour for social justice this summer, called the GOP budget plan “immoral” in a spirited speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday (Sept. 5).

“Paul Ryan claims this budget reflects the principles of our shared faith,” Campbell said, as she took direct aim at Mitt Romney’s running mate, who has often cited his Catholic faith as the underpinning of his fiscal policies. “But the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops stated that the Ryan budget failed a basic moral test, because it would harm families living in poverty,” she said.

Sister Simone Campbell, ‘Nun from the Bus,’ calls GOP budget ‘immoral’ - The Washington Post

No suprise that Mittens and Ryan are out to get those poor people that don't pay their fair share.
Why mittens may not make 20 million next year which is ruious in a rich mans eyes, and we can't have that.
Im so fucking tired of you fucking left wing hacks saying that they(top earners) dont pay their fair share. Do you know they(top earners) pay 58 percent of ALL Federal taxes while 49 percent pay 0. YES 0 federal taxes. NOW who is not paying their FAIR SHARE. Everyone should contribute. I dont care if it is a 1 a year they need to contribute..

NUMBNUTS!!! Everybody used to pay their share of running this country. Now...the infrastructure is in terrible shape, the rich people are getting richer off of investments in wars, the average American worker's wages have been stagnant for ten years or more and we rank about 20th in the world.

blog_income_top_one_percent.png

Last edited:
You know, I think Citizens United V. FEC helped fix the whole dreaded tax issue..

1 U.S. Dollar = 1 Unit of "Free Speech".

In turn wouldn't that make the government taxes a violation of my first amendment?

That way none of us have to pay taxes EVER and everything will be better FOREVER.

:lol::lol:

No suprise that Mittens and Ryan are out to get those poor people that don't pay their fair share.
Why mittens may not make 20 million next year which is ruious in a rich mans eyes, and we can't have that.
Im so fucking tired of you fucking left wing hacks saying that they(top earners) dont pay their fair share. Do you know they(top earners) pay 58 percent of ALL Federal taxes while 49 percent pay 0. YES 0 federal taxes. NOW who is not paying their FAIR SHARE. Everyone should contribute. I dont care if it is a 1 a year they need to contribute..

blog_income_top_one_percent.png

You have the freedom to succeed that goes hand with the freedom to fail.... and whether you do either is of no concern to anyone else... including the government...

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

The church should stay out of political matters. It shouldn't be telling its members who to vote for.
Maybe unions should also do the same thing.

The Middle Class was born of Unions! Collective Bargaining made it possible to negotiate a living wage and acquire the American Dream for millions. Without Unions there would not have been a middle class!

The church should stay out of political matters. It shouldn't be telling its members who to vote for.

The Middle Class was born of Unions! Collective Bargaining made it possible to negotiate a living wage and acquire the American Dream for millions. Without Unions there would not have been a middle class!

Then we got public sector unions, and they all got greedy.....

A preacher doesn't need to say the names of the people running for POTUS, instead just talk about the subjects of debate.

Is it right to support :
- someone that is pro-abortion?
- someone that promotes laziness/sloth in people?
- someone that is against the capitalist system in this country?
- someone that gives lip service to supporting the military?
- someone that supports people invading this country to steal jobs and benefits from Americans?
- someone that pushes for more Government and less God and family?

Pretty much that would eliminate Obamination from a church.

And unions have killed the middle class. Unions are full of money grubbing bitches that do not work. I should know because I have been on non union jobs that had union members working on them.

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and politicians. It's Government that needs to get the heck out of Churches.

Of course, if the Church has to spell out precisely who to vote for, you arent paying attention.

Sorry I'm with Noomie on this,Religion and Politics should never be bed fellows,considering moreover some of your Churches and Religions ??? in the USA.

The problem is Av., if they get into Politics where does it end,they then start to critisize other Religions and then there is a break down and violence in society.....As the past shows.

It is sightly hypocritcal of the Catholic Church considering their treatment of womens issues and children abuse,see it's very easy to critisize,methinks they should spend more time getting their own house in order.just saying.

steve

Have you forgotten about obama's church that he was a member of for 20 years?

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and politicians. It's Government that needs to get the heck out of Churches.

Of course, if the Church has to spell out precisely who to vote for, you arent paying attention.

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and government should be free to tell churches to butt out of people's lives when they don't want to hear any of their bullshit.

But it's OK for obama's church he was a member for 20 years to do it? Did you bitch about it in 2008?

Ummm... no

The middle class was born of people not simply trying to be the sheep protected by numbers.. the middle class was born of individuals with drive, good choices, and the ability to not only sell their skills up improve upon them to make themselves desirable for employment...

Time to revoke their tax exemption! They crossed the line by breaking the law that defines the rules for their exemption, so now they better cough up for getting involved in politics.

That could exempt all charities. Since pols use many of them.

Well, just take the exemption away from those who do break the rule.
Indiscriminate justice is good.

Unions are non-profit organizations. They file IRS Form 990 on which there is no tax due.
Publication 557 (10/2011), Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization

El Paso Catholic church bulletin urges Obama defeat - El Paso Times

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

On both sides...absolutely. But then again, their tax-exempt status should go away too.
Then you agree unions should also lose their tax exempt status.

Forum List

Back