Church urgers people to vote out Obama

IMO, Any organization that accepts a tax exempt status by agreeing to avoid advocating for any specific canidate, and then breaks that agreement should lose their tax exempt status. I don't care if it's a church or a union.

Side note, why the hell are unions able to use charity tax exempt status?

A church wants to put its self in the political arena it should be paying taxes..I don't attend church and even if I did I wouldn't want some preacher or priest telling me who to vote for.

IMO, Any organization that accepts a tax exempt status by agreeing to avoid advocating for any specific canidate, and then breaks that agreement should lose their tax exempt status. I don't care if it's a church or a union.

The are a non-profit as is media matters, both are tax exempt.

So you to think free speech should be rented from government.

If you dont pay shut up........

Is that your final answer too?

1zvpe0.jpg

Churches should be able to say anything they want. It's a first amendment issue. If tax exempt status is the sole issue, no one on welfare should be allowed to vote, period.

Tons of Black churches urge their parishioners to vote for Obama. I should know; I go to one.

They should immediately lose their tax exempt status.

How do you police it all and how would you draw a line? Would it be candidate specific, endorsing a policy, endorsing a party or any mention on world conditions and governments in ability to fix or not fix them?

Oh! NOW I'm supposed to IMPLEMENT it? I need to build another cup of coffee and think about it. :lol:

So you to think free speech should be rented from government.

If you dont pay shut up........

Is that your final answer too?

I think people should follow the law. No one forces any organization to file tax exempt. If you don't like the law, change it, however don't whine when you get in trouble for breaking it.

Anyone who calls themself a Christian and votes for the Anti-God left is a liar... PERIOD. The left's support of infanticide, homosexuality, the hatred of Israel and God.. If it walks like a duck..........

Because they can. and obama IRS made it easier for them

IRS Form 990, 990 EZ, and 990-N Rule Changes

They should immediately lose their tax exempt status.

How do you police it all and how would you draw a line? Would it be candidate specific, endorsing a policy, endorsing a party or any mention on world conditions and governments in ability to fix or not fix them?

Oh! NOW I'm supposed to IMPLEMENT it? I need to build another cup of coffee and think about it. :lol:

I just wonder how you enforce it? Media matters is quite vocal, quite public about its position, and they keep their status, yet the thousands of churches speak to 30 to 1000 at a time and would the government need agents policing all the churches?

Just seems cumbersome.

Anyone who calls themself a Christian and votes for the Anti-God left is a liar... PERIOD. The left's support of infanticide, homosexuality, the hatred of Israel and God.. If it walks like a duck..........

And anyone who votes for the right is for killing people in war, corporate corruption and so on, you can make points for either side.

I just wonder how you enforce it? Media matters is quite vocal, quite public about its position, and they keep their status, yet the thousands of churches speak to 30 to 1000 at a time and would the government need agents policing all the churches?I
Just seems cumbersome.

In the entire time this law has been on the books, the IRS has only ever used it once to revoke tax exempt status.

I just wonder how you enforce it? Media matters is quite vocal, quite public about its position, and they keep their status, yet the thousands of churches speak to 30 to 1000 at a time and would the government need agents policing all the churches?I
Just seems cumbersome.

In the entire time this law has been on the books, the IRS has only ever used it once to revoke tax exempt status.
This would also hurt unions.

Because they can. and obama IRS made it easier for them

IRS Form 990, 990 EZ, and 990-N Rule Changes

When I was in high school I worked as a clerk at sams club... The volume of people who have tax exempt status, and abuse it, was honestly suprising to me.

Just seems cumbersome.

This would also hurt unions.

K?

You seem a bit rabid about unions.

Forum List

Back