Church urgers people to vote out Obama

On both sides...absolutely. But then again, their tax-exempt status should go away too.

why?

No reason why any church should have tax-exemption. Period.

It's a charity, and all charities are exempt.

You wanna stick it too the Salvation Army?

I know a lot of people that rely on them every school year for supplies, every summer for a safe place to send thier kids and every now and then for a months worth of food.

So tell me, you really hate the church so much that you would stick it to the poor?

El Paso Catholic church bulletin urges Obama defeat - El Paso Times

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

I agree. They flaunt tax free status while brainwashing youngsters with a 2000 year old tale about god worship told by ignorant camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. If the creator of the universe dropped by back then and left the only keys to the kingdom with those folks who were afraid of the dark he has one helluva sense of humor.

Really..

Is it charitable to request your listeners pay a $1000 "donation" to plant the "seed" for financial success in your life, through God?

Where is the line drawn? How far can these "churches" go and still remain tax exempt?

The Salvation Army does not dictate whom their contributors should vote for, so why should a church be doing it? Or are they, in fact, different only when it comes to that?

Churches can help people, but they can do it fine while paying their fair share.

Really..

Is it charitable to request your listeners pay a $1000 "donation" to plant the "seed" for financial success in your life, through God?

Where is the line drawn? How far can these "churches" go and still remain tax exempt?

The Salvation Army does not dictate whom their contributors should vote for, so why should a church be doing it? Or are they, in fact, different only when it comes to that?

Churches can help people, but they can do it fine while paying their fair share.

So you don't have a legal reason why.

You just hate religion?

Really..

You just hate religion?

So...expecting a church to pay taxes is "hating religion" now? I expect you to pay your taxes...is that hating you? You expect me to pay my taxes...is that hating me?

Really..

You just hate religion?

So...expecting a church to pay taxes is "hating religion" now? I expect you to pay your taxes...is that hating you? You expect me to pay my taxes...is that hating me?

You don't expect many many citizens to pay any federal income taxes

[/U]

why?

No reason why any church should have tax-exemption. Period.

You wanna stick it too the Salvation Army?

I know a lot of people that rely on them every school year for supplies, every summer for a safe place to send thier kids and every now and then for a months worth of food.

So tell me, you really hate the church so much that you would stick it to the poor?

It is not up to the churches to tell people how to vote and I do agree they are not a non-profit anymore, they are then working for the political party they are telling people to vote for.

The churches started telling people to vote almost 19 years ago with the so called christian collation ( Pat Robertson, Jerry Farwell In my opinion they are all nut jobs) .

Sister Simone Campbell, who led the “Nuns on the Bus” tour for social justice this summer, called the GOP budget plan “immoral” in a spirited speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday (Sept. 5).

“Paul Ryan claims this budget reflects the principles of our shared faith,” Campbell said, as she took direct aim at Mitt Romney’s running mate, who has often cited his Catholic faith as the underpinning of his fiscal policies. “But the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops stated that the Ryan budget failed a basic moral test, because it would harm families living in poverty,” she said.

Sister Simone Campbell, ‘Nun from the Bus,’ calls GOP budget ‘immoral’ - The Washington Post

No suprise that Mittens and Ryan are out to get those poor people that don't pay their fair share.
Why mittens may not make 20 million next year which is ruious in a rich mans eyes, and we can't have that.
Im so fucking tired of you fucking left wing hacks saying that they(top earners) dont pay their fair share. Do you know they(top earners) pay 58 percent of ALL Federal taxes while 49 percent pay 0. YES 0 federal taxes. NOW who is not paying their FAIR SHARE. Everyone should contribute. I dont care if it is a 1 a year they need to contribute..

Sister Simone Campbell, who led the “Nuns on the Bus” tour for social justice this summer, called the GOP budget plan “immoral” in a spirited speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday (Sept. 5).

“Paul Ryan claims this budget reflects the principles of our shared faith,” Campbell said, as she took direct aim at Mitt Romney’s running mate, who has often cited his Catholic faith as the underpinning of his fiscal policies. “But the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops stated that the Ryan budget failed a basic moral test, because it would harm families living in poverty,” she said.

Sister Simone Campbell, ‘Nun from the Bus,’ calls GOP budget ‘immoral’ - The Washington Post

No suprise that Mittens and Ryan are out to get those poor people that don't pay their fair share.
Why mittens may not make 20 million next year which is ruious in a rich mans eyes, and we can't have that.
Im so fucking tired of you fucking left wing hacks saying that they dont pay their fair share. Do you know they pay 58 percent of ALL Federal taxes while 49 percent pay 0. YES 0 federal taxes. NOW who is not paying their FAIR SHARE. Everyone should contribute. I dont care if it is a 1 a year they need to contribute..

Nice figures...where'd you get them from?

Time to revoke their tax exemption! They crossed the line by breaking the law that defines the rules for their exemption, so now they better cough up for getting involved in politics.

Actually, I do not believe there is any law prohibiting churches from engaging in political discussion, and the Constitution strictly forbids congress from making any law respecting a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise of.

The rules against churches engaging in politics are IRS regulations that determine who is, or is not, eligible for a church exemption. Church tax exemptions predate the income tax and the IRS.

Im so fucking tired of you fucking left wing hacks saying that they dont pay their fair share. Do you know they pay 58 percent of ALL Federal taxes while 49 percent pay 0. YES 0 federal taxes. NOW who is not paying their FAIR SHARE. Everyone should contribute. I dont care if it is a 1 a year they need to contribute..

Nice figures...where'd you get them from?
National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes? This is based on the top 5 percent.. If you look the top 50 percent pay almost 98 percent and the bottom pay 2.7percent which means most of them pay 0 , plus then they get money back . THEY MAKE money from earned income credit..

You don't expect many many citizens to pay any federal income taxes

English please.

You don't expect many citizens (aprox 47%) to pay any federal income taxes... you expect me, as a successful professional to pay enough to cover not only my 'share' but also to make up for those you wish to keep off the federal income tax bill.. and we know you hate successful working conservatives

Forum List

Back