Church urgers people to vote out Obama

IMO, Any organization that accepts a tax exempt status by agreeing to avoid advocating for any specific canidate, and then breaks that agreement should lose their tax exempt status. I don't care if it's a church or a union.

Side note, why the hell are unions able to use charity tax exempt status?

Because they can. and obama IRS made it easier for them

IRS Form 990, 990 EZ, and 990-N Rule Changes

When I was in high school I worked as a clerk at sams club... The volume of people who have tax exempt status, and abuse it, was honestly suprising to me.

Lets be honest you don't want unions to lose their tax exempt status, do you?

How do you police it all and how would you draw a line? Would it be candidate specific, endorsing a policy, endorsing a party or any mention on world conditions and governments in ability to fix or not fix them?

Oh! NOW I'm supposed to IMPLEMENT it? I need to build another cup of coffee and think about it. :lol:

I just wonder how you enforce it? Media matters is quite vocal, quite public about its position, and they keep their status, yet the thousands of churches speak to 30 to 1000 at a time and would the government need agents policing all the churches?

Just seems cumbersome.

Dunno... People that run and attend churches believe all kinds of whack shit. That is their right. I would prefer that government makes it's decisions based on fact. It seems like it is a case of raising an elephant in a room. At a certain point it is extremely hard to get it out of the room. Clearly it makes more sense not to let it in the room to begin with.

Because they can. and obama IRS made it easier for them

IRS Form 990, 990 EZ, and 990-N Rule Changes

When I was in high school I worked as a clerk at sams club... The volume of people who have tax exempt status, and abuse it, was honestly suprising to me.

Lets be honest you don't want unions to lose their tax exempt status, do you?
I think tax exempt should be reserved for charities.

Anyone who calls themself a Christian and votes for the Anti-God left is a liar... PERIOD. The left's support of infanticide, homosexuality, the hatred of Israel and God.. If it walks like a duck..........

And anyone who votes for the right is for killing people in war, corporate corruption and so on, you can make points for either side.

So you're saying all HEROES in the Armed Forces are Conservatives? I can live with that.. Thanks! GE- SOLYNDRA- The ugly face of corporate corruption.. Yes, a leftist ideology that the Zombie liberal loves to pretend doesn't exist. You were saying?!

2dlrfh0.jpg

Black preachers that push Democrap politicians on them are selling how the Democraps will help them get this or that, get payback.

Conservative preachers are more focused on saving the "country" than telling church followers how to help themselves, that speaks volumes about the differences.

This would also hurt unions.

K?

You seem a bit rabid about unions.

The left seems rabid about churches, not seeing the point.

Churches and Unions are apples and oranges. Unions are political entities just like political parties. They deal with the reality based economic and political needs of the members. Usually that membership can and does include a variety of religious constituants.

This would also hurt unions.

K?

You seem a bit rabid about unions.

They are full of lazy people for the most part and have killed the middle class why wouldn't I be opposed to the modern day unions?

Meh I'm on the fence about unions. I think workers have a right to collectively bargain, and strike. However I think they can quickly cross a line where they wield too much power and hold businesses hostage to their demands.

Churches are voluntary, unions aren't.

Unions shouldn't be allowed to blackmail members into giving money to keep their job and that money given to Democraps.

Unions shouldn't be allowed to blackmail members into giving money to keep their job and that money given to Democraps.

Why is that? Can you name any republicans that support the needs of unions? I'm sure that republicans would be lobbied by union leaders if they showed any interest in making law that benefited unions.

Why is that? Can you name any republicans that support the needs of unions? I'm sure that republicans would be lobbied by union leaders if they showed any interest in making law that benefited unions.

Is this your approval for special interests?

Is this your approval for special interests?

I show approval for anyone that is based in reality and works for issues that benefit me and many issues that may not benefit me directly but just make good sense.

I've been a union rep and have seen the good unions can do for their members. I got some changes made in the U S Postal service that made the job of a letter carrier safer, more comfortable and more efficient which also benefited the PO.

Any organization can be abused. There is nothing good about a corrupt union any more than a corrupt religion. You cannot honestly white wash all unions as being corrupt any more than I should brand all people who believe in god corrupt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back