Church Hires Convicted Sex Offender, Kids banned from Church while he is present.

Change churches. Problem solved.

How would that solve this "problem"?

When are we gonna finally value our children?

noomi
I cannot believe you are putting a sex offender ahead of a childs welfare.

I agree. I am horrified at the cavalier attitude coming from the rw's about known child molesters. These people are not curable. They will always be pedophiles and putting them in a church won't change that. Praying with/for them won't change that.

And, I'm sick to death of the fundie crap and their control over rw's. Whether its this nutter fundie cult or the catholic church, your children should come first.

==============

One of the things that just astounds me is that the people who defend these pedophiles actually believe the pedophile has the right to PREACH. This monster has absolutely nothing that I would want MY child to be exposed to. Not his preaching, not anything about him.

The rws? How is this in any way, shape or form indicative of the rightwing's attitude towards child molesters? Lefties are the ones who are working hard to de-criminalize it, after all.

Last edited:
^^^ All that I am saying is that just because they are going to have the title of sex offender for the rest of their lives, does not mean that their actions are going to forever match the title that they are now stuck with. Just because one of my most favorite singers has the title of recovering alcoholic doesn't mean that the booze are going to forever be in his picture for example.

God bless you and Trace Adkins always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. Next month it will be ten years that Trace has been sober. :) :) :)

Would you make a recovering alcoholic work in a bar, serving alcohol?

Of course not.

So why have a sex offender working in a place where he can be tempted?

Would I make a recovering alcoholic work in a bar, serving alcohol? Sure! Why? Because no one knows about the place better than them.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Would I make a recovering alcoholic work in a bar, serving alcohol? Sure! Why? Because no one knows about the place better than them.

Holly

That is ridiculous. You don't put a recovering alcoholic in a bar, serving the very thing he is addicted to! You are tempting him, and making it harder for him to resist temptation!

^^^ Not if they are serious about wanting to fight the addiction and for that to happen they need to have challenges.

Holly

You don't understand addiction. The thing is, nobody cares if an alcoholic wants to be foolhardy by hanging out in a bar...if he backslides he hurts himself but hopefully none of those around him, and at any rate, they are adults who choose to be in that environment.

A PEDOPHILE who wants to go hang out with children JUST TO PROVE how *cured* he is is a whoe different ballgame. His addiction isn't about abusing himself or other adults; when he backslides, he's going to hurt a child or someone who looks to him for help and guidance. And the more often he puts himself into a situation where he has the opportunity to backslide, the more likely he is to do so.

Last edited:
^^^ It isn't like the guy got away with what he is guilty of. He served the sentence that he was given for what he did and now he is able to be out in the world again like the rest of us. He has to go to work somewhere and if he can't score a job in a no children allowed place, what else is there for people like him?

Holly

He can score a job where there are no children. A godly man would not require a church ban children from services in order to keep him as a pastor. He should step down and continue his ministry where he is doing good instead of harm.

This reeks of non-repentance, and his intent to continue to troll for victims within the church.

And what is nauseating is that there are good-intentioned people like you who are tricked into supplying him. These sorts of predators groom and count on people like you, Jos.

^^^ All that I am saying is that he can not be asked to step down when he has rights again just like the rest of us. I am not a fan of all the swearing that I see at the online forums that I go to for example, but have I ever asked anyone to use more G rated words? No. Why not? Because I don't have the right to when people have the right to speak what is on their minds, so if I recent enough what I find online, I am the one who should do the up and leaving because I would then be the one who has the problem with what I am seeing on my screen, so if people don't go for that man being the preacher of that church, they should then just find another church to go to.

Holly

My church, which is a family church, just completed a 2 year search and we now have a new pastor.

One of the things we looked at was criminal record. MOST churches, except those which minister to specific groups (convicts/criminals etc) run a background check on the people who do the church's work.

Most churches would not hire a minister with a rap sheet like this guy.

That isn't to say he isn't saved, that isn't to say God doesn't love him or that he is or isn't cured of his unfortunate tendencies to sexually abuse those who put their trust in him. But the bible sets for quite definite requirements for church leaders; this church is ignoring those requirements.

A man in my church today shared his testimony. Part of his testimony included attending church services in prison with rapists and pedophiles.

He said that church, in prison, is affiliated with sexual deviants because rapos attend services to avoid being in population, where they are afraid of other inmates abusing them. So few (as in just about zero) inmates other than rapos attend the church services, and any new church attendee is viewed as a rapo by the other inmates.

He attended anyway, and by attending gave others the nerve to step forward and attend (which is a very powerful testimony)...and he said he was never afraid because he knew he was doing the right thing. But he also said (we were initially talking about this very situation we're discussing in this thread) that every person has their own walk on earth, based on the choices they have made, and while we welcome them and love them as God's children we do not have to accomodate or in any way help them except in terms of Christ.

He should never have been let out...when his probation ends, he'll probably do it again.
Or he may not ever do it again. :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Has it ever been said what the guy did during his sentence? If the guy really did ask the Lord to come into his life, maybe he spent his sentence studying to be a preacher. How long has he been home so far? :) :) :)

He should never have been let out...when his probation ends, he'll probably do it again.

Holly

P.S. Has it ever been said what the guy did during his sentence? If the guy really did ask the Lord to come into his life, maybe he spent his sentence studying to be a preacher. How long has he been home so far? :) :) :)

He has offended repeatedly, while in positions of confidence and power in the church.

Holly

He was a preacher before he went to jail, who was convicted of molesting girls in his congregation, and accused of raping serveral women, resulting in the birth of at least one child.

He is a predator.

Oh well. Y'all have your own opinion and I have mine and if the guy doesn't want to end up with a harsher sentence, he now knows what he must not do again. :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back