Church Hires Convicted Sex Offender, Kids banned from Church while he is present.

^^^ Well because of the fact that people like him can go to work pretty much anywhere, all that matters is that you never let your kids out of your sight whenever you are at the person's place of employment.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. What would you do if a person like him went to work where you get your groceries and you did not have the money to get them somewhere else?

^^^ Well because of the fact that people like him can go to work pretty much anywhere, all that matters is that you never let your kids out of your sight whenever you are at the person's place of employment.

Holly

P.S. What would you do if a person like him went to work where you get your groceries and you did not have the money to get them somewhere else?

The bag boy at Grocery Outlet is not in a POSITION OF AUTHORITY. He is bagging groceries, he is not counseling children.

A pastor is a COUNSELOR to his flock...he sets an example. And biblically speaking, he should be above reproach. This guy is not above reproach (x about 100). He should not be counseling youngsters, they are the population that he exploits. And it wasn't a one time deal, either. He has an ONGOING HISTORY OF THIS BEHAVIOR.

Here's the thing...it is commendable to forgive. But despite the forgiveness people are granted from people and from God, there is still accountability. He may be completely cured of whatever his problem is, that would be a wonderful testament to God's power. But that doesn't mean he should be absolved of all responsibility for his PAST bad behavior...and that means removing himself from a position of confidence and power over his (past) targeted victims...and if he is a man of God he should be fine with that. He can change his focus, he doesn't even have to give up preaching; he could engage in a prison ministry, or even a ministry for sex offenders, or whatever.

But he does not belong at the head of a church. It is against the directives of the bible, it sets him up for failure as it puts temptation in front of him, and it shows a complete disregard for his victims.

^^^ Like I said earlier, if you don't like what your child hears in any place, find somewhere else for them to be. :) :) :)

Holly

I'm not worried about what my child hears. I'm worried about the church going against the bible, and setting up known sex offenders in positions of power and respect. It is tempting God, shows a blatant disregard for scripture, and also is a glaring example of the pride of the congregation, that they are willing to put their children at risk in order to prove a point.

^^^ To me, it is all about how a person is now and not how they were in their past and a past is something every person has. :) :) :)

Holly

As a Christian, you would think you might be at least somewhat all about Scripture, and providing a safe place for children to learn the word of God.

CaféAuLait;6321024 said:
http://m.christianpost.com/news/pastors-sex-offender-status-divides-fla-community--70039/

"
"We came because the children who we should be teaching and preaching cannot come out today," said Mikhail Muhammad, the leader of the New Black Panther party, a group of protesters who want Gilyard, who was only released from prison in December, to leave the church.
"The black ministers in the city of Jacksonville ought to be ashamed of themselves. How can you say you're a follower of Christ but you won't stand up and speak out against this injustice?," Muhammad asked. There have been several "ugly exchanges" between church-goers and protesters, the Guardian*reported, as many are divided over whether a man convicted of such a crime deserves to preach in front of a congregation again."

Looks like his preaching is not sitting well with the community. Sheesh this guy sounds like a real piece of work.

What kills me is he was just released from jail, not like he attended any program or even finished parole. He was released and then hired!

And you know what? The molestation in the article I posted was NOT his only stint with sexual misconduct:

While in his 20s, Gilyard pastored Victory Baptist Church in Texas, one of the nation's 10 fastest-growing congregations, but left in 1993 after he was accused of sexual impropriety.

He then went on to Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church, which had to settle a sexual misconduct allegation against him in 1996.

However, the accusations against Gilyard extend further than his conviction of abusing the 15-year-old girl. According to the Guardian's report, in 2004, Gilyard also admitted that he had fathered a child with a woman who had accused him of raping her during a counseling session – however, the pastor was never charged with a crime.

Read more at Pastor Darrell Gilyard's Sex Offender Status Divides Fla. Community

Why can't he branch off and start his own ministry and church programs that cater to men recovering from these kind of addictions? Currently a lot of these offenders are living under bridges or in weird isolated places because they can't be near children or churches.

There are plenty of needs to address with the audience that might benefit the most from a recovery program, including him! Why not start his own program and leave the kids out of it.

Because that would remove him from his preferred targets.

Forgiving a sinner does NOT consist of giving him access to your children, or setting him up to fail again.

He's forgiven, I'm sure, for his sins..we know that he is if he's a Christian. That does NOT mean we "test" him by putting our children at risk, then taking the blame if *we* don't monitor them closely enough and he re-offends.

^^^ Actually I am not. If you can't have every sex offender under your own surveillance, every little bit does helps, and to me, keeping your friends close and your enemies closer can be a very smart thing to do.

Holly

P.S. In any situation, as long as you don't let your guard down, you shouldn't have a thing to worry about. :) :) :)

Last edited:
That is not true. You don't enhance your children's safety by surrounding them by sex offenders.

Proximity in this case is not safety. The more time a sex offender has with their targeted victim, the better able they are to groom them. And they can groom them in a room full of people.

You are just foolish in this. Your heart is in the right place, but you are ignorant of the reality of sex offenses and the way sex offenders work, you are overconfident of your ability to protect children while in the presence of sex offenders, and you are ignoring scripture regarding church leaders..while at the same time smugly tempting God.

Not a good combination, and potentially dangerous for the children and the young women of the church.

^^^ All that I am saying is that just because they are going to have the title of sex offender for the rest of their lives, does not mean that their actions are going to forever match the title that they are now stuck with. Just because one of my most favorite singers has the title of recovering alcoholic doesn't mean that the booze are going to forever be in his picture for example.

God bless you and Trace Adkins always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. Next month it will be ten years that Trace has been sober. :) :) :)

Recovering alcoholics understand the necessity of avoiding triggers. For a sex offender who has repeatedly gotten in trouble for exploiting vulnerable women and girls for which he is an authority figure, being pastor of a church is a trigger.

^^^ I once heard Trace say that it doesn't bother him when people drink in front of him. He said that he actually gets mad if they try to hide the way that they choose to be because of him. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Change churches. Problem solved.

How would that solve this "problem"?

When are we gonna finally value our children?

noomi
I cannot believe you are putting a sex offender ahead of a childs welfare.

I agree. I am horrified at the cavalier attitude coming from the rw's about known child molesters. These people are not curable. They will always be pedophiles and putting them in a church won't change that. Praying with/for them won't change that.

And, I'm sick to death of the fundie crap and their control over rw's. Whether its this nutter fundie cult or the catholic church, your children should come first.

==============

One of the things that just astounds me is that the people who defend these pedophiles actually believe the pedophile has the right to PREACH. This monster has absolutely nothing that I would want MY child to be exposed to. Not his preaching, not anything about him.

rw's will be against this but posting it for others.

Too Small to Fail, A National Movement to Protect and Support America's Kids, Launched by The Center for the Next Generation - San Francisco Business Times

The Center for the Next Generation today launched Too Small to Fail (https://www.facebook.com/2smalltofail and Too Small To Fail, Twitter hash tag #toosmall), a national movement to focus attention on the need to protect and support America's kids and the challenges they face in leading healthy, happy, productive lives.

Too Small to Fail will engage businesses, policy makers, parents, and caregivers in a conversation about the urgent need to do more to address the challenges and problems that undermine the well being of children. The movement's participants – which includes top organizations focused on children's health, education, and social mobility, along with national media partners – will lead a national dialogue about five key issues affecting children today:

Expanding access to quality education;
Enhancing social mobility;
Improving children's health by combating increased chronic illnesses;
Promoting workplace flexibility and predictability so parents have more time for their children; and
Harnessing the power and promise of 24/7 media.

Forum List

Back