Christmas Shopping.. oh fun

Be sure and carry your firearm while shopping. It can get pretty rough out there. Might have to shoot a line jumper at the wrapping station or something similar.

I have often been tempted to get one of those little handheld joy buzzers so that I can buzz people on the ass when they insist on standing, mouth agape, in the middle of the aisle that I'm trying to navigate. Does anyone understand why Mexicans feel the need to shop in packs, and then hold long, rambling conferences so that no one can move past them? And they look right at you, and then just go back to gabbling in Spanish as though they have no idea why you're standing there impatiently, contemplating ramming one of them with your shopping basket. What the hell?

I recommend more time at the mall and less time at Wal-Mart. :lol:

( Unless you like joy-buzzing people on the ass... if that's the case, Wal-Mart is a grand place to hunting. )​

Hah! I don't know about YOUR malls, but mine are so chock-full of people you can't stir 'em with a stick . . . although one is tempted sometimes to get a stick and try. Besides, there's no point in going to the mall unless you go into the stores, and then you're back in small-aisles-filled-with-morons.

Anyway, I'd have to be retarded to pay mall prices for stuff unless I can't find it anywhere else. I go to the mall for the movie theater, the game store, and the Borders. That's it.

Be sure and carry your firearm while shopping. It can get pretty rough out there. Might have to shoot a line jumper at the wrapping station or something similar.

Well,I don't think you need firearms for the lines around here (at least not where I was helping out). I volunteered to help wrap gifts for donation at Barnes and Noble (via the Pet Rescue). It was the most boring job ever...4 hours of sitting and patiently waiting for someone to want you to wrap something. Some guy finally took pity on me right before closing time,but by then I was only mildly grateful and more "I just want the heck outta here" LOL.

This is why I would NEVER take a man shopping, why torture them like that?

I hate the malls, I'm liking this online shopping, it's the best way to shop now imo.

Torture THEM? Why torture YOURSELF like that? I enjoy Christmas shopping, and have no desire to ruin the experience by dragging a man along. Just give me the debit card and get the hell out of the way. Oh, and when people open the presents from "us", try not to look completely surprised.

If you haul all the crap in the house, and hold things up while they're watching TV, and say "We got this for XYZ", they have a tiny mental image, which is sort of tucked waaaaaaay back in their heads, which resurfaces on Christmas, and triggers a slight "I kinda remember this." and they don't look the least bit surprised.

Works every time.

What is it with women and shopping, they have to pick up just about everything up, evaluate it, ask what you think, "looks good Honey" then put it down and move on.

I just love pushing the cart around following the expedition for hours upon hours...:lol:

Well see ya going shopping...:eusa_doh:

No. If I actually *touch* it, then I'm actually interested in *buying* it.

I have often been tempted to get one of those little handheld joy buzzers so that I can buzz people on the ass when they insist on standing, mouth agape, in the middle of the aisle that I'm trying to navigate. Does anyone understand why Mexicans feel the need to shop in packs, and then hold long, rambling conferences so that no one can move past them? And they look right at you, and then just go back to gabbling in Spanish as though they have no idea why you're standing there impatiently, contemplating ramming one of them with your shopping basket. What the hell?

( Unless you like joy-buzzing people on the ass... if that's the case, Wal-Mart is a grand place to hunting. )​

Right. Mall has Barnes & Noble (my tiny hick town has a "Fireside Christian Bookstore & Gifts" - Note: One would THINK they'd sell BOOKS. Bzzt! Wrong! They have about 600 books.) Mall also has William-Sonoma - who knew one could happily spend 3 hours in one store. Mall also has Starbucks for when you've worked up that thirst browsing William-Sonoma. Mall also has Spencer Gifts, which is perfect for that one person on your list you're bound to forget simply because you don't know what to get them. Mall also has Bath & Body Works, for that nice bubble bath you're going to need after a hard day of selfless shopping for everyone else.. Mall is also attached to a P.F. Chang, which is a mighty fine place to have drinks and lunch after a hard day of shopping...

There are very few things I can buy online, unfortunately. Generic things like Lego sets for the smaller nieces and nephews, yes.. Clothes and/or more personalized things, no..

Walmart's good for wrapping paper, tho.

Right. Mall has Barnes & Noble (my tiny hick town has a "Fireside Christian Bookstore & Gifts" - Note: One would THINK they'd sell BOOKS. Bzzt! Wrong! They have about 600 books.) Mall also has William-Sonoma - who knew one could happily spend 3 hours in one store. Mall also has Starbucks for when you've worked up that thirst browsing William-Sonoma. Mall also has Spencer Gifts, which is perfect for that one person on your list you're bound to forget simply because you don't know what to get them. Mall also has Bath & Body Works, for that nice bubble bath you're going to need after a hard day of selfless shopping for everyone else.. Mall is also attached to a P.F. Chang, which is a mighty fine place to have drinks and lunch after a hard day of shopping...

There are very few things I can buy online, unfortunately. Generic things like Lego sets for the smaller nieces and nephews, yes.. Clothes and/or more personalized things, no..

I have no idea what Williams-Sonoma is, but our mall doesn't have one (probably why I don't know what it is). I don't like Starbucks. If I must have coffee, my favorite place is a locally-owned shop called Black Rose. I usually don't have problems with thinking of gifts to give people, although Spencer's can be fun to wander in. I make my own bubble bath, soap, perfume, etc. Which actually makes a really nice gift, because you can personalize the scent.

Right. Mall has Barnes & Noble (my tiny hick town has a "Fireside Christian Bookstore & Gifts" - Note: One would THINK they'd sell BOOKS. Bzzt! Wrong! They have about 600 books.) Mall also has Williams-Sonoma - who knew one could happily spend 3 hours in one store. Mall also has Starbucks for when you've worked up that thirst browsing William-Sonoma. Mall also has Spencer Gifts, which is perfect for that one person on your list you're bound to forget simply because you don't know what to get them. Mall also has Bath & Body Works, for that nice bubble bath you're going to need after a hard day of selfless shopping for everyone else.. Mall is also attached to a P.F. Chang, which is a mighty fine place to have drinks and lunch after a hard day of shopping...

I have no idea what Williams-Sonoma is, but our mall doesn't have one (probably why I don't know what it is). I don't like Starbucks. If I must have coffee, my favorite place is a locally-owned shop called Black Rose. I usually don't have problems with thinking of gifts to give people, although Spencer's can be fun to wander in. I make my own bubble bath, soap, perfume, etc. Which actually makes a really nice gift, because you can personalize the scent.

Cookware, Cooking Utensils, Kitchen Decor & Gourmet Foods | Williams-Sonoma My idea of a playground....

Malls should be renamed mauls during Christmas shopping season. Not interested, I shop online, 2nd hand stores or Wal-mart early morning (2 am), not a lot of any sized buts or herds.
2nd hand stores can be great, we have tons in our area, I've found Calphalon cook wear for $10 in good shape, plus lots of other great items.
When we used to do mauls I was just the combination bank/pack mule, I'm so glad my wife got through that phase.

Malls should be renamed mauls during Christmas shopping season. Not interested, I shop online, 2nd hand stores or Wal-mart early morning (2 am), not a lot of any sized buts or herds.
2nd hand stores can be great, we have tons in our area, I've found Calphalon cook wear for $10 in good shape, plus lots of other great items.
When we used to do mauls I was just the combination bank/pack mule, I'm so glad my wife got through that phase.

I LOVE thrift stores. You can find the coolest stuff there, especially if you have any ability for sewing/remaking things. One year, I found this nice set of plain linen placemats and napkins for a buck apiece, and embroidered designs on them as a gift for a friend. I absolutely refuse to pay full retail price for clothes for my boys. The oldest shreds them, and the youngest outgrows them before he's worn them more than a few times. Why bother? And my favorite pair of black leather boots was a $6 thrift store find.

Bath and Body Works is a fun store, on the occasions when I make it to the mall I do like to go in there. They used to have this really great Banana/Mint deep conditioner for your hair,but they discontinued it... which kinda bummed me out. The seasonal (Christmas) lotions/body sprays are nice too though.

Also Walgreens carries the best Christmas wrapping paper ever (and cards too).

Bath and Body Works is a fun store, on the occasions when I make it to the mall I do like to go in there. They used to have this really great Banana/Mint deep conditioner for your hair,but they discontinued it... which kinda bummed me out. The seasonal (Christmas) lotions/body sprays are nice too though.

Also Walgreens carries the best Christmas wrapping paper ever (and cards too).
Yeah, I like Bath and Body Works 2, but they do discontinue good products 2 fast...

I live in Arizona. There is NO PLACE you can go which is Mexican-free.

Couldn't find any 'Americans' to landscape your yard, eh?

I can relate here in Sunny Florida, but we we call 'em 'Cubans'.

We do see our fair share of actual Mexicans though... couldn't get the oranges and stuff harvested without them.

What is it with women and shopping, they have to pick up just about everything up, evaluate it, ask what you think, "looks good Honey" then put it down and move on.

I just love pushing the cart around following the expedition for hours upon hours...:lol:

Well see ya going shopping...:eusa_doh:
That's pretty much my definition of hell.

You couldn't get me to a mall today if they were giving away free the #1 item on my Santa's List...

#1. Set of minimum-legal-aged really hot twin Swedish young ladies desperately seeking someone like me to teach them what a really rewarding ménage a trios is all about.

#2. Two more sets of #1.

#3. A short vacation.

Couldn't find any 'Americans' to landscape your yard, eh?

I can relate here in Sunny Florida, but we we call 'em 'Cubans'.

We do see our fair share of actual Mexicans though... couldn't get the oranges and stuff harvested without them.

I can find two Americans to landscape my yard. They're called "my sons".

I actually quite like Mexicans . . . except when I'm pushing a shopping cart behind them. You want any kind of skilled craftsmanship done around here, you're hiring a Mexican or possibly a Filipino. Modern American men don't seem to know which end of the hammer meets the nail. And if it weren't for little old Mexican grannies, we'd all have to live without homemade tamales, and how sad would THAT be?

Forum List

Back