Zone1 Christians, stop debating atheists. Here's why.

Nonsense. If we believed there was a god of course we would worship him.
You'd be surprised.
As much as you think I'm an atheist, I'm actually an agnostic atheist. Not sure if there is a god. Tend to believe there isn't. And I don't thing not believing matters. Doesn't send you to hell. That's what organized religions say because they want to hook you to their cults. You MUST believe their stories or go to hell.
There's a difference between believing and believing in. God's enemies believe in Him and tremble in fear. God's children, OTOH, believe Him and live in faith.
Well I am an ATHEIST when it comes to every organized religion. Including yours. And for the record, so are you. You just believe in one that I don't. I say all religions are bullshit. You say all but one are.

And I still have a relationship with God even though I really don't think that one exists. But that's okay. Talking to one makes me feel better.
Here's the key, a "religion" is a man-made structure. A relationship with God transcends religion. Your mistrust of organized religion is not surprising, as most have become corrupt and have failed in what they claim is their mission.

Last edited:
If every other day someone in your neighborhood was murdered wouldn't you pray for God to make it stop?

I think we've gotten bad enough. We have enough mass shootings. So I'm praying to god, please god, make humans better than what we are right now. Help us to evolve beyond this behavior.
Of course we pray for Him to intervene. We also have to remember that He has a higher purpose and plan and we may not get the answer we want. A child can beg his parents to make the chemo treatments stop because they make him miserable and can't understand why they keep making him undergo the misery.

You'd be surprised.

There's a difference between believing and believing in. God's enemies believe in Him and tremble in fear. God's children, OTOH, believe Him and live in faith.

Here's the key, a "religion" is a man-made structure. A relationship with God transcends religion. Your mistrust of organized religion is not surprising, as most have become corrupt and have failed in what they claim is their mission.
I have had a wonderful life. And when I go up north Michigan and it's so beautiful, I give thanks for this wonderful planet and the time I got, short as it may be. I can see why people believe in god. How did we get here? Must be god. Could be. Whatever it is, thank you.

Or worse. Aren't we getting worse?
We don't seem to be learning. As far back as Genesis, it was noted that, overall, cities are not good places for humanity. Why do you feel blessed? The beauty of nature in northern Michigan. I have wetlands, and while they may not have the beauty you see, they are quite interesting. Got pictures of coyote pups the other day, for instance.

Who do we, closer to rural areas, glare at? The metro areas in our states that breed crime and carry the vote for entire states.

This is not the first time the world has gotten worse. It is just our bad luck to be part of the current cycle, and I have a feeling before it is over we are going to think of what we have now, if not good, then better than what will came later. We are weak. Only adversity will make us strong again. We should be preparing our youth for what they will be facing.

We don't seem to be learning. As far back as Genesis, it was noted that, overall, cities are not good places for humanity. Why do you feel blessed? The beauty of nature in northern Michigan. I have wetlands, and while they may not have the beauty you see, they are quite interesting. Got pictures of coyote pups the other day, for instance.

Who do we, closer to rural areas, glare at? The metro areas in our states that breed crime and carry the vote for entire states.

This is not the first time the world has gotten worse. It is just our bad luck to be part of the current cycle, and I have a feeling before it is over we are going to think of what we have now, if not good, then better than what will came later. We are weak. Only adversity will make us strong again. We should be preparing our youth for what they will be facing.

I grew up in Detroit. THE HOOD. We now live in Metro Detroit. Beautiful. Whenever I drive through the hood I do feel bad for those people because they are not seeing the beauty in this world. Perhaps that's why they are so violent.

I used to be a Christian who would debate atheists. Later I became an atheist and debated Christians. My big takeaway from being on both sides is that it's a gigantic waste of time for people on both sides.

I used to be a Christian who would debate atheists. Later I became an atheist and debated Christians. My big takeaway from being on both sides is that it's a gigantic waste of time for people on both sides.
From either side is often both interesting and enlightening--as long as both sides realize the other is not interested in changing. It is simply exchanging the reasons why we chose our side of the same coin.

Forum List

Back