Zone1 Christians, stop debating atheists. Here's why.

But, see, that opens it up to all these fake made-up gods like Zeus and Mithra.
Here is the acid test.
If a god can assume human form and rise from the dead, then that god is worth paying attention to. So far, we only have one who has done it.
Yes, that is a powerful belief.

That is rubbish. God is infinite in form and formlessness, both personal and impersonal. How can you limit him to only what YOU know?
The God of Abraham is just one of an infinite number of iterations of God, each like the facet of the same crystal and they are all true to
those upon whom God intended. It is far more important that people find their true God than just YOUR God or no god at all.

Doing such is a mortal sin for it surely fails every time only driving people farther and farther from finding God.

View attachment 732204
Here is the acid test.
If a god can assume human form and rise from the dead, then that god is worth paying attention to. So far, we only have one who has done it.

What is Mithra? You are confusing mythology with religion. Know any followers of Zeus these days?

Here is the acid test. If a god can assume human form and rise from the dead, then that god is worth paying attention to.
Only because you've chosen it to be. I'm calling bullshit. There are far older and wiser religions where their God has done far more than any of that. Quit turning people away from your god telling them that it is only your way or the highway. All that proves is that you're more interested in RECRUITING people to YOUR faith than you are for their own spiritual growth and salvation, whatever that might be.

Just out of curiosity, why do Christians believe that God only speaks to them? What about the Buddhists? What about the Hindus? What about every other religion that doesn't have Jesus as the central figure?
Jesus said, "I am the Way. No man can come to the Father except by Me."

Christians are followers of the Christ. True Christians BELIEVE Christ.

Jesus said, "I am the Way. No man can come to the Father except by Me."

Christians are followers of the Christ. True Christians BELIEVE Christ.

So......................God created people who He knew (remember, God knows everything) that would never have an introduction to Christ, yet, Christ is the only way to get to God? Sounds kinda mean, as well as a waste.

So......................God created people who He knew (remember, God knows everything) that would never have an introduction to Christ, yet, Christ is the only way to get to God? Sounds kinda mean, as well as a waste.
You don't understand God's timeline or His plan for Man. ALL will have to make the choice. ALL will have the "opportunity" just like you have TODAY.

God could have created a species who didn't murder, war, rape.

All we are asking is that God make all people at least as good as you and me. We don't rape, murder or kill. Why can't all humans be at least as good as we are?

I'd be okay with the occasional airplane falling from the sky and everyone dies. Not God's fault. Fine. I understand. Free will. Shit happens. He's not going to intervene. That's cool. Let me live my life. I get that. But why create serial killers and mass shooters? Why create guys like Putin and Hitler? Why couldn't all world leaders be as kind as Jimmy Carter?

Imagine if things were worse. If murder rape and war happened 10x what it does now. It would be horrible right? And religious people would be praying to god to make it stop. Well I'm praying to god to make rape, murder and war stop. Why do things have to get worse before Christians start praying to the big guy?

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Do you pray to god to make it stop each time we have a mass shooting in the US?

All we are asking is that God make all people at least as good as you and me. We don't rape, murder or kill. Why can't all humans be at least as good as we are?
Do you believe God had to make you a person who didn't rape, murder, or kill? If God hadn't made you that way, you would have had no choice but to rape, murder, or kill?

Likewise, those who rape, murder, or kill MUST rape, murder, and kill because that is how God made them and they have no choice?

Can't a person decide not to rape, murder, or kill? If he can decide to stop, then why does he need God to prevent him from committing these crimes?

But your bible isn't proof of anything. We throw it out. Now you have nothing.

Yes, we don't believe the Jesus myth. Neither do Muslims or Jews. I notice you don't debate them either. Best to keep your delusions to yourselves and they'll keep theirs right? And I don't hear Christians debating Mormons. Why is that? Cowards. Call them out!

So no, we are not easy to debate. You just believe that book on your night stand. I don't. Should I? Science says no. I don't know why you accept what your ancestors told you when it's all impossible. You're superstitious creatures.
You do realize, don't you, that "science" cannot ever either prove or disprove God? Science depends on cause and effect, achieving the same results under the same circumstances, IOW, repeatability. God is a sovereign being and not an ATM. You cannot simply press the right buttons in the right sequence and have the goodies fall out. When you stop trying to shoehorn God into a "science" box, you can start to get somewhere.

See, the problem atheists have, despite claims to the contrary, is they really don't WANT proof that God exists. I have yet to meet an atheist who states that he/she will submit their lives to God if only they get enough proof that they can't ultimately deny. No, the ones I've run into, when pressed, admit that they have no intention of submitting to God even after they see proof. Therefore, why should God "do a trick" to convince them He exists when they will only continue to rebel? So, no, there's no point in "debating" atheists about the existence of God.

Atheists don't seem to realize that, while they condemn Christians for believing what someone else tells them about God, they are at the same time believing when someone else tells them God doesn't exist.

When someone is honestly seeking to know if God exists and is willing to accept His lordship, God reveals Himself.

Do you believe God had to make you a person who didn't rape, murder, or kill? If God hadn't made you that way, you would have had no choice but to rape, murder, or kill?

Likewise, those who rape, murder, or kill MUST rape, murder, and kill because that is how God made them and they have no choice?

Can't a person decide not to rape, murder, or kill? If he can decide to stop, then why does he need God to prevent him from committing these crimes?
I'm just saying. He could have made much kinder creatures. But then maybe we wouldn't have survived to become what we are today. Maybe 1 million years ago we had to be ruthless because we were sub humans and today we aren't actually evolved beyond that yet.

I used to dream of one day no more wars. That was in the 1900's. But then 2000 came and Iraq, Afranistan, etc.

We haven't evolved enough yet. Even if most of us don't like war, the people who run this world do.

Do you pray to god to make it stop each time we have a mass shooting in the US?
How do you want Him to "make it stop"? Asking God to limit the evil people do is asking Him to limit free will. Yes, we want evil limited, but do we really get to direct God in limiting what people do?

You do realize, don't you, that "science" cannot ever either prove or disprove God? Science depends on cause and effect, achieving the same results under the same circumstances, IOW, repeatability. God is a sovereign being and not an ATM. You cannot simply press the right buttons in the right sequence and have the goodies fall out. When you stop trying to shoehorn God into a "science" box, you can start to get somewhere.

See, the problem atheists have, despite claims to the contrary, is they really don't WANT proof that God exists. I have yet to meet an atheist who states that he/she will submit their lives to God if only they get enough proof that they can't ultimately deny. No, the ones I've run into, when pressed, admit that they have no intention of submitting to God even after they see proof. Therefore, why should God "do a trick" to convince them He exists when they will only continue to rebel? So, no, there's no point in "debating" atheists about the existence of God.

Atheists don't seem to realize that, while they condemn Christians for believing what someone else tells them about God, they are at the same time believing when someone else tells them God doesn't exist.

When someone is honestly seeking to know if God exists and is willing to accept His lordship, God reveals Himself.

Nonsense. If we believed there was a god of course we would worship him. As much as you think I'm an atheist, I'm actually an agnostic atheist. Not sure if there is a god. Tend to believe there isn't. And I don't thing not believing matters. Doesn't send you to hell. That's what organized religions say because they want to hook you to their cults. You MUST believe their stories or go to hell.

Well I am an ATHEIST when it comes to every organized religion. Including yours. And for the record, so are you. You just believe in one that I don't. I say all religions are bullshit. You say all but one are.

And I still have a relationship with God even though I really don't think that one exists. But that's okay. Talking to one makes me feel better.

How do you want Him to "make it stop"? Asking God to limit the evil people do is asking Him to limit free will. Yes, we want evil limited, but do we really get to direct God in limiting what people do?

If every other day someone in your neighborhood was murdered wouldn't you pray for God to make it stop?

I think we've gotten bad enough. We have enough mass shootings. So I'm praying to god, please god, make humans better than what we are right now. Help us to evolve beyond this behavior.

I am merely pointing out that we have it within ourselves to be kinder. Therefore, we should do it ourselves.
Thank god we aren't meaner huh?

Loving-kindness (metta) is the opposite of hatred (dosa). Metta is the mental factor called adosa (non-hatred) which wishes for the welfare of other beings, contemplating: “May all beings be happy;May they be free from danger.” The first two kinds of love are not metta.

Forum List

Back