Christians: Are We Commanded To Preach To Others Or To Try To Save Their Souls?

Christians are commanded to get up in everyone's face to believe in their cosmic Jewish zombie to whom you should telepathically pledge total obedience otherwise you'll burn in an invisible fire forever.

Why would you not want to spread the Good Word as a believer?

I do but I don't preach to anyone nor do I point out to them that they are sinners. That's not my pay-grade.

I will come to your house, introduce myself and hand you a nice printed pamphlet. On the pamphlet will be imprinted a nice photo of my church, the hours the various services are held and the name of the pastor and secretary. It will have a map showing directions to the church from known landmarks. My own name and phone number will be hand-written on the handout.

I will invite you to my church and tell you that you and your family would be most welcome to attend at your convenience. I will also tell you that should you accept my invitation to attend to please ask for me at the church's front door. I will meet you at the front door and guide you to your seats and will sit with you during the services. I will point out the restrooms and water fountains and inform you that no offering will be required of you. I will introduce you to the pastor, the song leader, the church secretary, the other deacons, and to many of the church members. I will never ask if you are a sinner.

so you'd never start a thread on a telling people they are sinners for sharing the gospel with others?

good to know.

Why would I tell anyone they are a sinner when I am one myself? That would be hypocritical.

why would it be hypocritical to tell someone they are a sinner when you are as well? That's no more hypocritical that saying "you are human" simply because I am too.

do you know what a hypocrite is? A hypocrite is an actor. It's someone who pretends to be something he isn't. If you pretend you aren't a sinner and are that is hypocritical.

preaching the truth is not

Then do it in a Church. Go to Bible college and become an ordained minister.

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.

question- are you a Christian? If you are, why would you begrudge Believer's witnessing to others? That is how I got saved....

I don't begrudge witnessing. I begrudge "in your face" preaching. If you've been called to preach, go to theology college and preach.

I believe your Great Commission said to "go into all the world". This country has already had the Gospel of the Kingdom preached all over it many times over. There are Churches of many different denominations in almost every town and city. These Churches have ministers who have attended Bible College and/or universities and are supposedly call by God for their vocation. Even our urban areas now for the most part have cable television or satellite service and radio whereby pastors and whole networks are dedicated to the spread of the gospel. I attended Church when I was five. Why go out and bellow on some street corner where passing vehicular traffic drowns you out and folks don't have the time to listen to you? Invite them to your Church where they can sit and listen comfortably.
I will repeat: Most lay Christians are babes in Christ themselves and often will only cause others to run farther away from the Faith.

Thing is, if you pray and ask the Holy Spiriti to speak through you, it isn't you witnessing. Most people are going to accept Christ ona one-to one basis more readily than by mass communication.

The books of the Bible were not written in our time. The Commandments were given to the Jews. The Great Commission revealed to the Apostles. Now they are all given to us. An inheritance from our Heavenly Father.

1340819070527_9323674_1__zps266e0bcd.png

322897_zpse58c2882.png

And I'll extend that same courtesy to you.

:eusa_angel:

Your OP asks where in the Bible we are told to preach.

We are told to preach in the Great Commission, and in fact the word PREACH is used in the NIV.

Your dishonesty marks you as irrelevant.

No. Your great commission is not found in the Bible. Those words are nowhere in the Bible. Still refuse to answer any questions. Go preach to someone and run them away from Christ.

That's exactly what happens. Nothing makes me less willing to listen than this constant shoving it down your throat from the religious nutters.

Why would I tell anyone they are a sinner when I am one myself? That would be hypocritical.

Isn't that the point? We all sin, so we all need to believe and seek God's forgiveness?

And therefore you are claiming it is your responsibility to call someone else a sinner?

that's not what preaching the gospel is

Do you have any idea how often you use the word "preach"?

If the fanatics tried sharing instead of preaching, they just might get more listeners.

We are told to preach in the Great Commission, and in fact the word PREACH is used in the NIV.

No. Your great commission is not found in the Bible. Those words are nowhere in the Bible. Still refuse to answer any questions. Go preach to someone and run them away from Christ.

That's exactly what happens. Nothing makes me less willing to listen than this constant shoving it down your throat from the religious nutters.

I not only understand that, but appreciate what you are saying here.

Why would you not want to spread the Good Word as a believer?

I do but I don't preach to anyone nor do I point out to them that they are sinners. That's not my pay-grade.

I will come to your house, introduce myself and hand you a nice printed pamphlet. On the pamphlet will be imprinted a nice photo of my church, the hours the various services are held and the name of the pastor and secretary. It will have a map showing directions to the church from known landmarks. My own name and phone number will be hand-written on the handout.

I will invite you to my church and tell you that you and your family would be most welcome to attend at your convenience. I will also tell you that should you accept my invitation to attend to please ask for me at the church's front door. I will meet you at the front door and guide you to your seats and will sit with you during the services. I will point out the restrooms and water fountains and inform you that no offering will be required of you. I will introduce you to the pastor, the song leader, the church secretary, the other deacons, and to many of the church members. I will never ask if you are a sinner.

so you'd never start a thread on a telling people they are sinners for sharing the gospel with others?

good to know.

why would it be hypocritical to tell someone they are a sinner when you are as well? That's no more hypocritical that saying "you are human" simply because I am too.

do you know what a hypocrite is? A hypocrite is an actor. It's someone who pretends to be something he isn't. If you pretend you aren't a sinner and are that is hypocritical.

technically I am an ordained minister. And forgive me if I missed the passage of scripture that says only preach in a church. If such a passage existed, Christ himself would be a sinner in your eyes since He preached the gospel in all times and places. Heck some of the greatest recorded sermons are in the open air.

and please stop pretending that you aren't telling me and everyone else here are wrong or sinning for sharing the gospel and that you aren't telling people they are sinners. See that is legitimately hypocritical. Because it involves you pretending yo be something you arent

While you're looking for a post from me saying that you should believe as I do, look for any post where I state my religion.

Isn't that the point? We all sin, so we all need to believe and seek God's forgiveness?

And therefore you are claiming it is your responsibility to call someone else a sinner?

If the fanatics tried sharing instead of preaching, they just might get more listeners.

and if you repented you wouldn't be wrong all the time

Almost without fail, a nonbeliever will enter a religion thread to spout off about the problems and hypocracy of religion. In essence, preaching to us. Interesting the door only swings one way.

Except religious nutters aren't shoving it

Except what you loons describe as "shoving it down your throat" consists of you going to places (or websites) that are identified as Christian, then attacking the Christians for "shoving it down your throat" when they defend themselves and their faith against attack.

Nobody has a right to not hear views they don't agree with. And being annoyed is not the same as having anything forced upon you.

good to know.

technically I am an ordained minister. And forgive me if I missed the passage of scripture that says only preach in a church. If such a passage existed, Christ himself would be a sinner in your eyes since He preached the gospel in all times and places. Heck some of the greatest recorded sermons are in the open air.

and please stop pretending that you aren't telling me and everyone else here are wrong or sinning for sharing the gospel and that you aren't telling people they are sinners. See that is legitimately hypocritical. Because it involves you pretending yo be something you arent

Let me put it to you this way. I have only missed one church service this year. I go to the church of my choosing and hear the pastor of my choice preach. If I wanted to hear you preach, I would ask you to preach to me. I don't want your preaching. If I want to hear your testimony, I will ask you for your testimony. If I want to see the pictures of your kids or grand kids whom I have never met and have absolutely no interest in, I will ask to see the pictures. I do question your authenticity though. Were you actually a minister called by God, I do not believe you would be so bent on attacking me personally because I say plainly that I am not interested in hearing your preaching. I am not attempting to force you to hear me preach, and I never will.

Except religious nutters aren't shoving it

Except what you loons describe as "shoving it down your throat" consists of you going to places (or websites) that are identified as Christian, then attacking the Christians for "shoving it down your throat" when they defend themselves and their faith against attack.

Nobody has a right to not hear views they don't agree with. And being annoyed is not the same as having anything forced upon you.

Yes they do have that right. Why must you force your preaching onto me. I have a Church and a minister. I don't need to hear you preach.

Almost without fail, a nonbeliever will enter a religion thread to spout off about the problems and hypocracy of religion. In essence, preaching to us. Interesting the door only swings one way.

Who is the non-believer? You condemn others. You don't really even know if your own pastor is saved or not. Who granted you the authority to condemn others or to determine whether they are a non-believer or not? You make my case for me.

Nobody is forcing you, as you can always leave the room, or cross the street. Get over it. You don't understand what the term "force" means. Kindly stop using it. When you use it to define people saying things you don't want to hear, you're insulting the people of this world who have actually been *forced* into things. Forced into recanting, forced into prison for their beliefs, forced into a hole and stoned, forced to have their heads chopped off...THAT'S force.

Being exposed to speech you don't agree with, tough shit. Get ear muffs.

That is my point. They are loosing souls for Christ. He said some would claim they cast out demons and prophesized in His name. They certainly do and will be justly compensated as well.

Forum List

Back