Christians are not to take in blood.

You silly, illogical fool. The discussion was reconciling Jews and Christians and they were clearly discussing the law from the OT forbidding the eating/drinking of blood.

Has nothing to do with transfusions...you'd sound more intelligent if you were a PETA member claiming the bible insisted we be vegans.

:cuckoo:

When you eat or drink blood where does it go? Why it goes into your bloodstream through the intestinal track. In fact if it were just pissed or crapped out with no intake into said bloodstream there would be no need to make a commandment not to eat or drink blood. The context is that you are taking one something else's soul. Transfusions definitely apply.

I repeat, if a doctor orders you not to drink alcohol is then ok to get it intravenously?
So you are becoming a vegan, I take it? And you'll never rescue a dying person or animal if they happen to be bleeding?

You've really outdone yourself with stupidity here...have you been hanging around with Jehovah Witnesses?

More ASTOUNDING STUPIDITY from Ravi. All one need do is cook meat properly to obey the commandment. And GETTING blood on you is not against a commandment.

When you eat or drink blood where does it go? Why it goes into your bloodstream through the intestinal track. In fact if it were just pissed or crapped out with no intake into said bloodstream there would be no need to make a commandment not to eat or drink blood. The context is that you are taking one something else's soul. Transfusions definitely apply.

I repeat, if a doctor orders you not to drink alcohol is then ok to get it intravenously?
So you are becoming a vegan, I take it? And you'll never rescue a dying person or animal if they happen to be bleeding?

You've really outdone yourself with stupidity here...have you been hanging around with Jehovah Witnesses?

More ASTOUNDING STUPIDITY from Ravi. All one need do is cook meat properly to obey the commandment. And GETTING blood on you is not against a commandment.
Cooked blood is still blood. And skin is permeable.

222_-_blood_pudding_2.jpg

Without commenting on whether I agree with RSG or not, Bert you're a fucking liar. You do this consistently, Make claims that people said things they didn't say , RSG clearly showed quotes from Jesus and was not relying on old testament law to justify his position. Now I part ways with RSG on his translation, or more to the point his Bible study leader's translation, but that isn't the argument YOU made. You instead LIED about his remarks.

You little boy are a liar.

I never said he was not relying on Jesus to justify his position. I merely pointed out that he directly said:

Not if you do not believe or follow the Bible

RGS seems to think that if you're a Christian, you disown the Old Testament which is completely false. Any Christian follows the Ten Commandments, which are from the O.T as is the creation story.

As I showed through the words of Jesus himself, one is simply to not disregard the O.T.

YOU lied about what I said. Admit it and move on.

I didn't lie. You said those who don't follow the bible are not good Christians. You try to say Jesus didn't preach a message of non-violence like a complete moron.

The New Testament's existence simply does not invalidate everything in the Old Testament as you seem to think. It's quite lulzy actually as you were the one quoting me Leviticus earlier.

I'll use New Testament verses then so you can dodge those too:

Romans 1:24-32, the infamous bible verse where we're told to kill Homosexuals.

1 Timothy 6:1-3 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

Ephesians 6:5-7 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

1 Timothy 2:11-15 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Hear that ladies? As long as you have kids, you shall be saved!

Ephesians 5:22-24 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

w2Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

I could go on really, but I do believe that's enough. It's difficult to find someone who agrees with every little thing in the bible RGS. To call someone a non-Christian simply because they don't believe in every little thing is hypocritical and unrealistic.

You simply can not admit when you are wrong. YOU LIED. I never said any of what you claimed. I made it clear the commandment was from the New Testament and I simply referenced the old testament passages for clarity on what Jesus was referring to.

By the way all those passages have nothing to do with killing homosexuals.

Without commenting on whether I agree with RSG or not, Bert you're a fucking liar. You do this consistently, Make claims that people said things they didn't say , RSG clearly showed quotes from Jesus and was not relying on old testament law to justify his position. Now I part ways with RSG on his translation, or more to the point his Bible study leader's translation, but that isn't the argument YOU made. You instead LIED about his remarks.

You little boy are a liar.

I never said he was not relying on Jesus to justify his position. I merely pointed out that he directly said:

Not if you do not believe or follow the Bible

RGS seems to think that if you're a Christian, you disown the Old Testament which is completely false. Any Christian follows the Ten Commandments, which are from the O.T as is the creation story.

As I showed through the words of Jesus himself, one is simply to not disregard the O.T.

I said the New Testament supersedes the Old. And it does. All we are commanded to do is what Jesus told us. The old is for reference, contemplation and guidance, but where it disagrees with the New it is not in force.

You can't help but lie can you?

You simply can not admit when you are wrong. YOU LIED. I never said any of what you claimed. I made it clear the commandment was from the New Testament and I simply referenced the old testament passages for clarity on what Jesus was referring to.

I said never all those passages have anything to do with killing Homosexuals. However, the N.T promotes killing homosexuals, beating slaves, having slaves and slaves themselves being obedient to their owners. Also, women are suppose to be submitting themselves and be obedient to their husbands. They are only to be saved through childbirth.

All of that is in those verses I just quoted. Now, are you going to tell me that if Christians don't kill Homosexuals, that makes them bad Christians or not Christians at all?

I said never all those passages have anything to do with killing Homosexuals. However, the N.T promotes killing homosexuals, beating slaves, having slaves and slaves themselves being obedient to their owners. Also, women are suppose to be submitting themselves and be obedient to their husbands. They are only to be saved through childbirth.

All of that is in those verses I just quoted. Now, are you going to tell me that if Christians don't kill Homosexuals, that makes them bad Christians or not Christians at all?

And yet you have not provided a single passage ANYWHERE in the New testament that commands us to kill homosexuals. Another abject LIE by you.

I said the New Testament supersedes the Old. And it does. All we are commanded to do is what Jesus told us. The old is for reference, contemplation and guidance, but where it disagrees with the New it is not in force.

You can't help but lie can you?

Yes, but that does not mean the Old is suddenly invalid. Again, 10 commandments ring a bell?

As for commanded to do what Jesus told us:

Matthew 5:27-30 - PassageLookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'[a] 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. [/B]It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

So basically every man and woman ever are going to hell, unless they tear out their eyes and arms. Again, I doubt few people who even believe in the bible fully have done such a thing.

So, those millions of Brits, Scotts and Irish who have consumed blood pudding for breakfast over the past two millennia are doomed to hell?

fullirish.jpg

So, those millions of Brits, Scotts and Irish who have consumed blood pudding for breakfast over the past two millennia are doomed to hell?

fullirish.jpg

According to RGS, if it's cooked its no longer blood.

So I guess we'll still have to put up with the bloody English in heaven anyway.

And yet you have not provided a single passage ANYWHERE in the New testament that commands us to kill homosexuals. Another abject LIE by you.

Wat.

Romans 1:24-32 - PassageLookup - New King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Romans 1:24-32 (New King James Version)

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Cooked blood is still blood. And skin is permeable.

Already provided the passage where God told Noah he and man could eat the flesh but to pour out the blood. But then you probably don't even own a bible.

Genesis 9: 3, 4, 16

And later in Moses time.

Leviticus 17: 14 and 7: 26, 27

YOU lied about what I said. Admit it and move on.

I didn't lie. You said those who don't follow the bible are not good Christians. You try to say Jesus didn't preach a message of non-violence like a complete moron.

The New Testament's existence simply does not invalidate everything in the Old Testament as you seem to think. It's quite lulzy actually as you were the one quoting me Leviticus earlier.

I'll use New Testament verses then so you can dodge those too:

Romans 1:24-32, the infamous bible verse where we're told to kill Homosexuals.

1 Timothy 6:1-3 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

Ephesians 6:5-7 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

1 Timothy 2:11-15 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Hear that ladies? As long as you have kids, you shall be saved!

Ephesians 5:22-24 - PassageLookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

w2Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

I could go on really, but I do believe that's enough. It's difficult to find someone who agrees with every little thing in the bible RGS. To call someone a non-Christian simply because they don't believe in every little thing is hypocritical and unrealistic.

Pretty good article on should Christians join the military.

Can Christians Serve in the Armed Forces?

Wat.

Romans 1:24-32 - PassageLookup - New King James Version - BibleGateway.com

Romans 1:24-32 (New King James Version)

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

And yet not a single word about US killing them, only that they deserve Death, as in eternal death, to be forsaken at Judgement day. Go figure.

WikiAnswers - Do christians believe in blood transfusions

Christian response
Yes of course Christians believe in blood transfusions, and accept them with gratitude and love for the sacrifice and dedication of those who give their blood willingly. The Jehovah's Witness response below is based on a couple of verses in scripture, one from the Old Testament (which was superceded by Christ's teaching) and the other from the New Testament quote was written by Paul to a church in the Mediterranean area that had specific problems - especially with Jewish converts to Christianity who still obeyed the Old Testament ruling on eating blood (note - eating - NOT having a blood transfusion - nowhere does it ban this!!). Therefore, the advice from Paul was that the new Christians should temporarily not eat blood products in the presence of these new Christians lest it offend them until they were completely accepted into the new Christian family, and nowhere in Paul's letter was there any hint that it should be a rule for blood transfusions for all Christians for all time.

Therefore to all Christians worldwide the acceptance of blood is no problem at all, and, in fact, is a wonderful gift made possible by the generosity of others and the skills of the surgeon, whether or not it is deemed a problem by the group that call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses who follow a discredited and heretical Arian theology which denies the divinity of Christ. Christians throughout the world believe in the sanctity of life and the preservation of life as a God-given gift to us. To refuse a blood transfusion that would save a life is so cold hearted and as alien as taking that God-given life themselves. This is in stark contrast to the Jehovah's Witness family who recently, near where I live, cold-bloodedly watched their little girl die for want of a blood transfusion just because of one verse, written in a letter 2000 years ago, and taken tragically out of context.

Regarding organ and tissue donations (which you can't do with also giving the blood that is in the organs and tissues, so IMO the concepts of organ/tissue donation and blood donation/transfusion are interchangeable)

Catholicism
Catholics view tissue and organ donation as an act of charity and love. Transplants are morally and ethically acceptable to the Vatican. According to Father Leroy Wickowski, Director of the Office of Health Affairs of the Archdiocese of Chicago, "We encourage donation as an act of charity. It is something good that can result from tragedy and a way for families to find comfort by helping others." In 2000, Pope John Paul II stated, "There is a need to instill in people's hearts, especially in the hearts of the young generation, a genuine and deep appreciation of the need for brotherly love, a love that can find expression in the decision to become an organ donor."

Christian Church (Disciiples of Christ)
The Christian Church encourages tissue and organ donation, stating that we were created for God's glory and for sharing God's love. A 1985 resolution, adopted by the General Assembly, encourages "...members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) to enroll as organ donors and prayerfully support those who have received an organ transplant."

Christian Science
The Church of Christ Science does not have a specific position regarding organ donation. According to the First Church of Christ Science in Boston, Christian Scientists normally rely on spiritual instead of medical means of healing. They are free, however, to choose whatever form of medical treatment they desire - including transplant. The question of tissue and organ donation is an individual decision.

Episcopal
The Episcopal Church passed a resolution in 1982 that recognizes the life-giving benefits of organ, blood and tissue donation. All Episcopalians are encouraged to become organ, blood and tissue donors "...as part of their ministry to others in the name of Christ, who gave his life that we may have life in its fullness."

Lutheran
In 1984, the Lutheran Church of America passed a resolution stating that donation contributes to the well being of humanity and can be "...an expression of sacrificial love for a neighbor in need." They call on members to consider donating organs and to make any necessary family and legal arrangements, including the use of a signed donor card.

Pentecostal
Pentecostals believe that the decision to donate should be left up to the individual.

Presbyterian
Presbyterians encourage and support donation. They respect a person's right to make decisions regarding his or her own body.

Seventh-Day Adventist
Donation and transplantation are strongly encouraged by Seventh-Day Adventists. They have many transplant hospitals, including Loma Linda in California. Loma Linda specializes in pediatric heart transplantation.

Baptist
Though Baptists generally believe that tissue and organ donation and transplantation are ultimately matters of personal conscience, the nation's largest Protestant denomination, the Southern Baptist Convention, adopted a resolution in 1988 encouraging physicians to request organ donation in appropriate circumstances and to "...encourage volunteerism regarding organ donations in the spirit of stewardship, compassion for the needs of others and alleviating suffering." Other Baptist groups have supported tissue and organ donation as an act of charity and leave the decision to donate up to the individual.

Assembly of God
The Church has no official policy regarding tissue and organ donation. The decision to donate is left up to the individual. Donation is highly supported by the denomination.

United Methodist
The United Methodist Church issued a policy statement regarding tissue and organ donation. In it, they state that: "The United Methodist Church recognizes the life-giving benefits of tissue and organ donation, and thereby encourages all Christians to become tissue and organ donors by signing and carrying cards or driver's licenses, attesting to their commitment of such organs upon their death, to those in need, as a part of their ministry to others in the name of Christ, who gave his life that we might have life in its fullness." A 1992 resolution states, "Donation is to be encouraged, assuming appropriate safeguards against hastening death and determination of death by reliable criteria." The resolution further states, "Pastoral care persons should be willing to explore these options as a normal part of conversation with patients and their families."

Facts | Religious Views

I'd be very wary of this bible "leader" that yer following RGS.

Pretty good article on should Christians join the military.

Can Christians Serve in the Armed Forces?

You seemed to not be getting the bigger picture of what I was saying earlier. RGS seems to think if you do not believe in every single thing that the bible states, you are not a real Christian. I disagreed. There are verses both in the O.T and the N.T that I'm sure most people would disagree with today.

The prima facie case against Christians’ performing this function is unquestionable. The message of the New Testament, the early church and the example of Jesus himself all point to nonresistance to evil as the model of Christian life.

RGS tried to say that Jesus was not promoting a non-violence message. So if anyone is the liar or least ignorant, it is RGS.

Forum List

Back