Christian Views on Homosexuality

Christians are fixated on gays and considering how few there are as a percentage of the population, there just doesn't seem to be enough to go around.
Odd. I'm a Christian and I don't give a shit what gays do as long as we are all treated equally under the law.

You care enough to write on this thread.
And the title and subject of the thread is what?

I have yet to see you apply any rational thought to a post. Surprise me.

I think you have more questions about the Bible than about how Christians feel about it. You clearly need to do some Bible study, though, because there is a very large number of verses that can address homosexuality, from various perspectives. For example, The Bible is very clear on what marriage is according to God. Marriage is between one man and one woman. (Clearest in the NT) It is clear that sex outside of marriage is sin. Therefore, when a person has sex outside of marriage, they are in sin. This would clearly mean that since gay marriage is not God's plan, it is outside of marriage, according to God. Thus it is sin.

One must study the Bible in more ways than just topical. one has to look at various angles of an issue.

There is not a difference in the God of the OT and of the NT. Because of what God was doing in the OT, establishing a kingdom, and designing the boundaries, He worked in some really radical ways. In the NT, The kingdom was established by definition, and design, and Jesus was the King of that Kingdom. God began to work in a different way. However, God did not change in character. In the NT God became more personal with the people of the Kingdom, because He designed the Kingdom as a body who has a real and personal relationship with Him through the Holy Spirit.

The OT was elementary school, and now we are in high school. We can take in more, but, by design, the reason we can is because the Holy Spirit enables us to do so. God gave the laws of the OT to show mankind that they were not able to abide by a righteous standard. We would violate His laws. Once He established that, He made a way, because of His awesome love, to be forgiven. He showed that all through the OT, but in the NT He gave the true Lamb for the eternal, once needed sacrifice for all who will accept it.

The OT is as significant as the NT. One must learn to walk before they can learn to run. In the NT it is like this, as babies in Christ we need the milk of the word, but when we mature it is the meat that will be our strength. The OT is the milk, and the NT is the meat.

So in other words all of you "Christians" can pick and choose which laws to live by? HMMM seems like BLATANT hypocrisy doesn't it?

I think you have more questions about the Bible than about how Christians feel about it. You clearly need to do some Bible study, though, because there is a very large number of verses that can address homosexuality, from various perspectives. For example, The Bible is very clear on what marriage is according to God. Marriage is between one man and one woman. (Clearest in the NT) It is clear that sex outside of marriage is sin. Therefore, when a person has sex outside of marriage, they are in sin. This would clearly mean that since gay marriage is not God's plan, it is outside of marriage, according to God. Thus it is sin.

One must study the Bible in more ways than just topical. one has to look at various angles of an issue.

There is not a difference in the God of the OT and of the NT. Because of what God was doing in the OT, establishing a kingdom, and designing the boundaries, He worked in some really radical ways. In the NT, The kingdom was established by definition, and design, and Jesus was the King of that Kingdom. God began to work in a different way. However, God did not change in character. In the NT God became more personal with the people of the Kingdom, because He designed the Kingdom as a body who has a real and personal relationship with Him through the Holy Spirit.

The OT was elementary school, and now we are in high school. We can take in more, but, by design, the reason we can is because the Holy Spirit enables us to do so. God gave the laws of the OT to show mankind that they were not able to abide by a righteous standard. We would violate His laws. Once He established that, He made a way, because of His awesome love, to be forgiven. He showed that all through the OT, but in the NT He gave the true Lamb for the eternal, once needed sacrifice for all who will accept it.

The OT is as significant as the NT. One must learn to walk before they can learn to run. In the NT it is like this, as babies in Christ we need the milk of the word, but when we mature it is the meat that will be our strength. The OT is the milk, and the NT is the meat.

So in other words all of you "Christians" can pick and choose which laws to live by? HMMM seems like BLATANT hypocrisy doesn't it?

perhaps but as the... real Americans ..that's their right...

Last edited:
Why do you care so much about what Christian people say or think? Dont try to interpratate the Bible yourself...

The real question is: why are christians spending so much time thinking about assfucking?

I strongly suspect 'Paul' was a closet homosexual

it explains everything- never having a woman, his misogyny and hatred of gays...

I'm pretty sure a majority of historians agree that Paul was married to Lydia of Phillipi. Nice try though.

Yes, yet another gay marriage thread! If you're not interested, by all means pass this one up.

These are some questions I have for any Christian really, but specifically any Christian who is against gay marriage (which is many, I would assume).

What I would like to know is why government is trying to prevent an action that doesn't hinder the rights of others based on religious values. Just how do we separate Church and State when our gods are writing our laws?

I have no problem when the religious surrender their sovereignty to their respective gods but it really pisses me off when they construct laws requiring me to do so too.

Odd. I'm a Christian and I don't give a shit what gays do as long as we are all treated equally under the law.

You care enough to write on this thread.
And the title and subject of the thread is what?

I have yet to see you apply any rational thought to a post. Surprise me.

I can't surprise you. I believe you lack the ability for rational thought.

Philip Johnson, a gay man who lived with his boyfriend for many years, designed the Crystal Cathedral, considered one of the greatest evangelical churches in the world. Of course, once finished, he was not allowed inside. If they were smart enough to do it themselves, they would have, but they weren't.

Great Buildings Image - Garden Grove Church

This is the story of the American Christians and the American gays. One group brings art, music, literature, many are scientists, architects, engineers. The other group "breeds". Of course, the gays have to come from some where.

History is filled with the accomplishments of gays, even against all odds. Religions spread their cults, but don't really add anything, positive I mean. Come on, it's magic and angels and demons.

I also wonder why non-believers are so critical of and interested in the religious beliefs of Christians. They don't hate Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists. Despite the fact that there are hypocrites among any cultural and/or spiritual belief.

They do hate Jews, however.

Gosh, who do they remind me of?

I also wonder why non-believers are so critical of and interested in the religious beliefs of Christians. They don't hate Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists. Despite the fact that there are hypocrites among any cultural and/or spiritual belief.

They do hate Jews, however.

Gosh, who do they remind me of?

Who hates the gays and feminists and calls Obama a Nazi?

Who wants to add "mysticism" to school curriculums and force children to study the occult?

It's not that people "hate" the American Christians, it's that they "fear" them and their violence and their hatred.

Perhaps, check out a mirror for the answers to your questions?

gayshangingiran-1.jpg

Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: "We have no homosexuals in Iran"

gayshangingiran-1.jpg

Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: "We have no homosexuals in Iran"

The current revolution in Iran is because the people want religion out of government. Because the founder of Islam, Judaism and Christianity was Abraham, except for some cultural differences and a few religious characters playing different roles (Jesus the prophet, Jesus the deity), the beliefs are remarkably similar.

If this happened in this country, you would have Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause.

It won't happen in our country unless assholes like you start dictating who can be in politics and who can't, and what can be said by politicians, and what can't. And who can run, and who can't. Namely, if you install liberalism or progressivism as your "religion" and start penalizing those who dare to speak of their religion in public.

If you can't see that parallel, I can't help you. Removing people from their religion is not instilling freedom. Removing GOVERNMENT from religion is. You have no business in it. Stay the fuck out. We're free people, we can run as political candidates AND proudly state our religion, and our religious principles. At least we can, so far.

The current revolution in Iran is because the people want religion out of government. Because the founder of Islam, Judaism and Christianity was Abraham, except for some cultural differences and a few religious characters playing different roles (Jesus the prophet, Jesus the deity), the beliefs are remarkably similar.

If this happened in this country, you would have Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson, Fred Phelps, Michelle Bachman, Rod Parsly, John Hagee and others standing up, front row and center, eating popcorn and leading the applause.

If you are honestly arguing that Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam are similiar or even close to identical, then you are ignorant on all three religions.

And ppl in Iran revolt because the fascist gov't is telling them what they can, and can't, say in public, and what they can, and can't, worship.

If you are honestly arguing that Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam are similiar or even close to identical, then you are ignorant on all three religions.

Whaaaaat?

You can't be serious. For one, the first half of the Christian Bible IS the Jewish Bible. Duh!

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and others that are in the Christian Bible are also in the Koran.

Finally, all three religions claim Abraham as their founder.

IT'S YOU WHO IS IGNORANT!!!!!!!

How can religious people know so little about their own religion? Could they actually be sheep? That's supposed to be a metaphor!

In that case, Obama IS exactly like Hitler, given the fact they both rose to a platform of power on a promise of "hope and change".

Actually rdean, you're not entirely correct..............

Abraham is considered the father of Judaism, and yes, there are similarities between the two, but, there are many differences......

The koran is in no chronological or logical order, it's all mixed up.

The Torah IS in order. The first 5 books of Moses (Torah), as well as the rest of the OT is in chronological order, and is put together in a strict order.

The KJV version of the Bible is horribly mangled. After the Niecine council, they heavily edited MANY books, dropped out quite a few, and added others in to "standardize" the Bible. Incidentally, many of the books that were heavily edited were in the OT. The Book of Daniel for instance.

Now......when Abraham kicked out Hagar from the tribe and sent her and Ishmael across the desert by themselves, consider this........Hagar was an Egyptian princess that was given to Abraham and Sarah as Sarah's handmaiden after they left Egypt. Now, with that being said, Hagar probably reverted back to her old belief system when she was kicked out of the tribe which might explain why she hid Ishmael in some bushes (remember, by this time Ishmael was a teenager), while she went off to pray.

Nope..........the similarities between the two are superficial at best. Judaism acknowledges other religions, IsLAME doesn't.

Forum List

Back